Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 06-21-2007, 02:10 PM   #1
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Default Real Boston Show 9/6

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01...ink=tm_home_h7

A little better choice of venue if you ask me...
jbpats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
peterj
eskimo friend

defintiely, i wasnt too happy that it said it was going to be at the agannis arena...the pavillion is definitely better
peterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:04 PM   #3
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

Here is the better question. At Agganis he was playing on a Friday now he is playing on a Thursday now what is better? I think its an even trade off..
Old 06-21-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
mdmt619
Eskimo Baby

hopefully the presale is through damienrice.com and not a radio station or credit card. I bet we'll hear later today or tomorrow.
mdmt619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
palescales
Eskimo Baby

There are more bad seats at the BoA Pavillion than there are at Agganis. I saw Radiohead from the back row of the Pavillion last year and I might as well have been in the parking lot.
palescales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:38 AM   #6
damienriceisgod
Damien Rice Is God

Hey, do you guys think that the Boston show and City Limits shows are going to be the only shows during their Euro break?!? Or do you guys think they might try and squeeze in some more US dates during that time?

I mean they have been touring for what seems like forever. They could use a break FOR SURE. Looks like they're going till end of July with their international tour without a break, slowing down a bit with a few weeks off in august and a few weeks off in september, then hitting the last leg of their international tour in October.

I'm just curious because if Boston and City Limits are going to be the only shows during that time, then I really want a ticket to this Boston show

Also, I wonder if it's just Damien. It says "An Evening with Damien Rice"...
  • 05/21/07: Radio City Music Hall, NYC (Backstage!)
  • 06/16/07: Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, Tennessee
  • 09/05/07: Bank of America Pavilion, Boston, Mass.(Backstage!)
  • 09/07/07: Wamu Theater at Madison Square Garden, NYC (Backstage!)
  • 09/20/07: Greek Theater, Los Angeles, CA (Backstage!)
    OFFICIAL ****ING GROUPIE!
damienriceisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #7
colibriink
Eskimo Friend

He's already booked for the Osheaga Festival in Montreal in September, and when he played Toronto on May 18/07, he said, "See you in September..." According to other posters he has said this in several other northeastern cities, too.
colibriink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:04 PM
mdmt619
This message has been deleted by mdmt619.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #8
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Default mdmt619 - What are you thinking?

I know you are probably trying to help people here, but this wasn't the brightest thing to do. This should be kept in PM's. Can you edit this out / delete it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmt619
password is same as older passwords: (removed)

Last edited by administrator; 06-24-2007 at 09:24 PM.
daveydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:54 AM   #9
mdmt619
Eskimo Baby

Sorry bout that! I deleted my post- I know it's good to keep scalpers out, but I was headed off to work and didn't have time to answer PMs right when the tickets went on sale. I was really surprised that we didn't get an email with the presale password for the show but got lucky and made the right guess!

Last edited by mdmt619; 06-24-2007 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:07 AM   #10
tylerm
Eskimo Baby

How did people even know a presale was happening?
tylerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #11
bjmo11
Eskimo Regular

i bought tickets but im just wondering why its not on the gigs section on his website? and why did he pick boston out of everywhere? i mean im not complaining, i just always kinda got an impression he doesnt really like beantown, i think someone mentioed it on a previous post. i got my tickets way late, but im in section 2 row m or sumething. does anyone know if those are decent seats? i know they are better then last time i saw him at the pavillion.
bjmo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #12
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

Default the Pavilion rocks!

They are decent seats! Section 2 is the center section and you're in 13th row. I was quite psyched to see that Damo was playing at the Pavilion. I had already decided that I was going to use some self-control and not buy tix if he came back in September. Just spent a crazy amount of $$ on concerts this season. However, I usher at the Pavilion so yippee! I get to see Damien AND get paid for it! woo! hoo!

early September should be lovely for an outdoor show by the harbor.

btw, thank you Daveydave for the Frames show. A great recording. Just saw "Once" and am craving for more Glen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmo11
i bought tickets but im just wondering why its not on the gigs section on his website? and why did he pick boston out of everywhere? i mean im not complaining, i just always kinda got an impression he doesnt really like beantown, i think someone mentioed it on a previous post. i got my tickets way late, but im in section 2 row m or sumething. does anyone know if those are decent seats? i know they are better then last time i saw him at the pavillion.
dragonflies76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:16 AM   #13
damienriceisgod
Damien Rice Is God

i found one sweet ass ticket for the presales but i have to wait till i get paid tomorrow money is so tight because of the week i took off work for bonnaroo! i hope it's still there tomorrow.

anyone from nyc going to the boston show? i found a china-town bus from here to boston for $30 round trip!! i took it to philly on friday, such a great deal. let me know!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:31 AM   #14
Lophashea
Eskimo Baby

Can someone PM me the PW please!
Lophashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #15
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

[quote=
i found a china-town bus from here to boston for $30 round trip!! i took it to philly on friday, such a great deal. let me know![/QUOTE]

as long as the bus doesn't crash and burn on the highway...lol
(for those not familiar with the Fung Wah bus line, they have a history of crashes and fires enroute on the NY-Boston route.) Perhaps a few dollars more on Greyhound will get you there in one piece!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #16
Dwahvel
Swan Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lophashea
Can someone PM me the PW please!
Me too please! I'm on the west coast but would def. consider going to Boston to see Damo!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:07 PM   #17
mdmt619
Eskimo Baby

The password is in the news section on damienrice.com for anyone who's looking for it.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #18
bottlebohemia
Eskimo Friend

I really like this venue. I saw him there last summer when he opened up for Fiona Apple; granted it was in the middle of a hurricane (basically) when I saw him, but still I really liked it.

I also am pretty stoked that it's now on Thursday instead of Friday, this means I can go!

Just got my ticket: Section 1, row G.
bottlebohemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:46 AM   #19
eRich097
Eskimo Baby

I got my tickets! I dont really think they're that good. I was SO CLOSE to getting section 3 front row, but I wasnt sure if my friend was able to go so I backed out. (Those were some good seats!!) But I got the verification and now we're sitting in section 2, Row X (in the back of the first section) seats 14 and 15. Does anyone know how good of seats these are?

I mean, at least they're not in the concourse section. Hahha.
eRich097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 AM   #20
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

Default pavilion

your seats are pretty good....last row of the middle section in front of stage. There's really no "bad" seats there. It's got an intimate feel for its size.

I just got back from the Morrisey show at the Pavilion tonite. Weird. In the middle of the set, he left the stage and a guy came out and said that he lost his voice and the show is over! People were stunned! They weren't sure if this was part of the show or not. After a few minutes the house lights came up and the PA system played "That's life" Very strange! Not sure if this is something he's done before, but his voice sure sounded pretty good up to the announcement!

Has Damo ever done anything like that????
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 AM   #21
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

"that's life" by sinatra? could be my favorite song ever written
Old 06-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #22
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

Default that's life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpats
"that's life" by sinatra? could be my favorite song ever written
Yeah, but not something you want to hear when you've come to hear Morrisey (or Damo) I wonder if that was their twisted sense of humor to play that particular tune or it was planned anyway.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #23
mdmt619
Eskimo Baby

Looks like the show has been moved to Wednesday the 5th.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
DawnAC321
Eskimo Baby

After they've already sold tickets??? I got my email a few days ago that my tickets were printed and shipped...what the hell???
DawnAC321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #25
eRich097
Eskimo Baby

I already bought my tickets? Damnit...that's the first day of school. This sucks. Are they allowed to do that? Am I going to get some kind of notification?
eRich097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #26
jbpats
Eskimo Friend

I think you can get a refund if they do that... Regardless who are you people kidding y'all will still be there!
I got sec 3 Row J (7th Row) not bad... not as good as my second row center seats for the last show. but i guess its time to pass the tourch to another deserving fan!
How did everybody else do for tix?
Old 07-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #27
damienriceisgod
Damien Rice Is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies76
as long as the bus doesn't crash and burn on the highway...lol
(for those not familiar with the Fung Wah bus line, they have a history of crashes and fires enroute on the NY-Boston route.) Perhaps a few dollars more on Greyhound will get you there in one piece!

Dear God, what a way to ruin this trip for me! I took the bus to Philly and all was good. Is there seriously a history of this?!?!?! Dude, if so, anyone from NYC wanna car pool?!?! I'll pay for gas! AGH!!
Old 07-01-2007, 09:22 PM   #28
dragonflies76
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by damienriceisgod
Dear God, what a way to ruin this trip for me! I took the bus to Philly and all was good. Is there seriously a history of this?!?!?! Dude, if so, anyone from NYC wanna car pool?!?! I'll pay for gas! AGH!!
Oh, don't be discouraged! I just checked the Greyhound website and a round-trip ticket is $54, only a few dollars more and worth the peace of mind! Good luck!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #29
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

The Pavilion. Not a bad place. Not the type of place I like to see an artist like Damien in. It can either be great, or lousy. Sometimes the sound in these Circus Tents can suck. However, if we get a a classic Boston September night, it could be absolutely perfect.

Last Friday I couldn't get a decent set of seats to please my hobby. Just crap kept coming up. I waited until today or figured I would go on-line and get a single for later.

My better half doesn't tend to like mid-week shows. I feel bad for her, she's up real early for her job. If anyone from the forum is looking to go as a single and can commit, I've got an extra. Sure, I can probably drag a friend that could give a damn about the music, but I'd rather enjoy it with someone who might appreciate the music and might want to meet up with a few Eskimo's for a beer and nachos or etc... Anyone in a similar situation?

Note: I normally wouldn't entertain the idea, but everyone on this site seems so down to earth that I have no real reservations about hanging with a few Eskimo's.

dave
Old 07-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #30
daveydave
Eskimo Regular

Default Frames and Once - no spoilers here

btw, thank you Daveydave for the Frames show. A great recording. Just saw "Once" and am craving for more Glen.

> I'll be getting to that master after Damien.

> I just saw it on Saturday night. I have to say it was very well done and I really appreciate them not trying to stretch the movie into something that was 2 hours.

I just noticed that it's one IMDB vote away from being eligible for the top 250 films of all time. Thus far, it has an amazingly high rating of 8.6. That would put it amongst some amazing company.

Sorry all for not working on Damien lately. It's just been too nice here in Boston over the last week or so. To hot for the computer room, but this week should be nice in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflies76
They are decent seats! Section 2 is the center section and you're in 13th row. I was quite psyched to see that Damo was playing at the Pavilion. I had already decided that I was going to use some self-control and not buy tix if he came back in September. Just spent a crazy amount of $$ on concerts this season. However, I usher at the Pavilion so yippee! I get to see Damien AND get paid for it! woo! hoo!

early September should be lovely for an outdoor show by the harbor.