Set: 'Turn It On Again'/'No Sun Of Mine'/'Land Of Confusion'

Anna Friel introduces a film

Catherine Tate introduces Razorlight
Set: 'Before I Fall To Pieces'/'America'

Chris Moyles introduces a film

Danny Dyer introduces Snow Patrol
Set: 'Open Your Eyes'/'Shut Your Eyes'/'Chasing Cars'

Boris Becker introduces Damien Rice & David Gray
Set: 'Babylon' (Gray)/ 'The Blower's Daughter'(Rice)/ 'Que Sera Sera' (duet)

Gerard Butler introduces Kasabian
Set: 'Empire'/'Club Foot'/'ID'

Pierce Brosnan introduces a film

Thandie Newton introduces Alcore from Washington, followed by Paolo Nutini
Set: 'Wonderful World'/'Last Request'/'New Shoes'/'Jenny Don't Be Hasty'

June Sarpong introduces Black Eyed Peas
Set: 'Let's Get It Started'/'Pump It'/'Don't Phunk With My Heart'/'Big Girls Don't Cry'/'Where Is The Love?'

Chris Moyles introduces John Legend
Set: 'Ordinary People'

Rupert Everett introduces Duran Duran
Set: 'Planet Earth'/'Ordinary World'/'Night Runner'/'Falling Down'

Chris Rock introduces Red Hot Chili Peppers
Set: 'Can't Stop'/'Dani California'/'So Much I'/'By The Way'

Ben Affleck introduces a film

Eddie Izzard introduces Bloc Party
Set: 'Hunting For Witches'/'Banquet'/'So Here We Are'/'The Prayer'

Kyle MacLachlan introduces Corinne Bailey Rae
Set: 'I'd Like To'/'Mercy Mercy Me'/'Put Your Records On'

Ioan Gruffudd introduces Keane
Set: 'Everybody's Changing'/'Somewhere Only We Know'/'Is It Any Wonder'

Russell Brand introduces a film

Chris Rock introduces Metallica
Set: 'Enter Sandman'/'Nothing Else Matters'/'Sad But True'/'For Whom The Bell Tolls'

Ricky Gervais introduces a film

Rob Reiner introduces Spinal Tap
Set: 'Stonehenge'/'Warmer Than Hell'/'Big Bottom'

Penelope Cruz introduces James Blunt
Set: 'Same Mistakes'/'Wiseman'

Leonardo DiCaprio introduces Al Gore from New York, followed by Keith Urban and Alicia Keys
Set: 'Gimme Shelter'

Russell Brand introduces the Beastie Boys
Set: 'Sabotage'/'So What'cha Want'/'Sure Shot'/'Intergalatic'/'Off The Grid'

David Tennant introduces the Pussycat Dolls
Set: 'Buttons'/'I Don't Need A Man'/'Feelin' Good'/'Don't Cha'

Russell Brand introduces Foo Fighters
Set: 'Best Of You'/'All My Life'/'My Hero'/'Everlong'

"Moment of Darkness" followed by Madonna
Set: 'Hey You'/'Ray Of Light'/La Isla Bonita'/'Hung Up'
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Thanks, Sniffer!

Oh my, why do they have to be introduced by Boris Becker?!?
And can you picture them singing "Que sera sera" together? I can't. Well... we'll see.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Rai
Eskimontologist

Wow, at last a mega-concert thats worth missing out... This is one utterly non-interesting lineup (with honorable exceptions), if I were the climate, I'd heat up even more for most of these bands to shut up.

(edit: I'd especially would like to global warm Cat Stevens (or Yusuf Islam since he went ga-ga after an accident) of the Hamburg gig because he wanted to murder my favourite writer)

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"

Last edited by Rai; 07-05-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
buddy
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffer
Penelope Cruz introduces James Blunt
Set: 'Same Mistakes'/'Wiseman'
I wasn't aware he had any songs other than that "you're beautiful" rubbish.

buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Hmm... I thought Damien would get a full set, not just a song and a half.

I'm not a fan of 'The Blowers Daughter'... I was hoping he'd play something that non-fans wouldn't already know... maybe change a few minds.

As for 'Que Sera Sera'... isn't the concert supposed to be a call to action?? Hopefully there is a twist.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
srahman24
Dandy little dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
As for 'Que Sera Sera'... isn't the concert supposed to be a call to action?? Hopefully there is a twist.
That's what I thought too. Whatever will be, will be? That's not very encouraging when you're trying to shake the status quo and change the world...
srahman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #7
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Hmm... I thought Damien would get a full set, not just a song and a half.

I'm not a fan of 'The Blowers Daughter'... I was hoping he'd play something that non-fans wouldn't already know... maybe change a few minds.

Call to action my arse - they are doing a lot to save the earth by flying boatloads of people all over the world. Maybe some will now realize what a knucklehead al gore is (sorry to get political).

And 1.5 songs each for both damo and david gray??? Pussycat Dolls and Metallica get 4 songs and BlackEyedPeas and Beastie Boys get 5?!!!

I am with Rai - pass. And to think I was going through major brain damage trying to coord my Sat to see both damo and david gray!!!

Last edited by davidcotyalex; 07-05-2007 at 05:56 PM.
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

David, the concerts are just to mark the start of the campaign... they are making it as 'green' as possible. But the main effort will be the following year... though I haven't heard anyone say what that year of action will entail yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see what effect it has.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

fantastic line up

oh and i hear justin timberlake is special guest.

fabulous! maybe it will be almost as bad as the diana tribute concert.

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
David, the concerts are just to mark the start of the campaign... they are making it as 'green' as possible. But the main effort will be the following year... though I haven't heard anyone say what that year of action will entail yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see what effect it has.
Call me a synic but do you really think a worldwide concert will really have an effect and get everyone all riled up about the "7 point pledge?"

My guess is that shortly after Madonna struts her last dance across the stage people will have already begun to forget about the pledge and what the specific points are....

But I do agree we will have to wait and see.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcotyalex
Call me a synic but do you really think a worldwide concert will really have an effect and get everyone all riled up about the "7 point pledge?"

My guess is that shortly after Madonna struts her last dance across the stage people will have already begun to forget about the pledge and what the specific points are....

But I do agree we will have to wait and see.
But that's what I'm saying... the concert won't and isn't intended to... the year of action is.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 PM   #12
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
But that's what I'm saying... the concert won't and isn't intended to... the year of action is.
It is my impression that the concert is supposed to intiate the "action." Just who is spearheading this "year of action?" Do you really think that anything will happen until all corporate america and the big 7 have any motivation to fix this issue? Again sorry for the cynicism but I am very skeptical of all this - particularly with al gore at the helm.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:15 PM   #13
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Getting consumers to pay attention to the issue give the corporates the motivation...

It used to be said that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist... well now he's topped that and convinced the world that good doesn't.... I hate cynicism... if people aren't cynical and try to change things, then things will change.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #14
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Getting consumers to pay attention to the issue give the corporates the motivation...

It used to be said that the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist... well now he's topped that and convinced the world that good doesn't.... I hate cynicism... if people aren't cynical and try to change things, then things will change.
Geez now I am the devil.

Don't get me wrong - we try to do our part - recycle/buy organic etc etc

I am just not convinced about all this.

Anyway sorry for dragging this thread into a pseudo political muckity muck - as i said before I am with Rai - the line-up blows
Old 07-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #15
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

You're not the devil... the devil is the devil...

Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #16
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
You're not the devil... the devil is the devil...
Well I feel much better now.....
Old 07-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #17
administrator
forum administrator

i do think that a concert can be a very good way of getting people interested and involved in a campaign. i'm sure you were just as cynical about al gore making a documentary based on his slide show, but that has unquestionably led to much more discussion about climate change. i disagree with you completely about al gore being a knucklehead. i think that since 2002 he has been a breath of fresh air in his eloquent, sincere and angry speeches against the iraq war, illegal wiretapping, climate change and other issues. i, for one, hope that he has a change of heart and decides to run for president.

as for the concert, i don't think it's a brilliant line-up, and i'm a little bit worried about Que Sera Sera, but i'm really happy to see damien play to such a huge audience. he's come a long way!

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #18
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator
i do think that a concert can be a very good way of getting people interested and involved in a campaign. i'm sure you were just as cynical about al gore making a documentary based on his slide show, but that has unquestionably led to much more discussion about climate change. i disagree with you completely about al gore being a knucklehead. i think that since 2002 he has been a breath of fresh air in his eloquent, sincere and angry speeches against the iraq war, illegal wiretapping, climate change and other issues. i, for one, hope that he has a change of heart and decides to run for president.

as for the concert, i don't think it's a brilliant line-up, and i'm a little bit worried about Que Sera Sera, but i'm really happy to see damien play to such a huge audience. he's come a long way!
On this my dear friend emmett I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You may be right about the issue becomming more populist since his film but as Bob Geldorf said we have known about the greenhouse effect for years so what is he really accomplishing? As for Iraq I think there are inumerable people who have stood up against the war so am not particularly partial to him for that. Anyway this could go on and on and on.....

Agreed on the show - I guess I won't have to give up my entire Saturday sitting around and while it will be ok to see both sing their hits I am particularly looking forward to seeing david and damo together - that hopefully will be very cool.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #19
Rannveig
Lives Near an Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy
I wasn't aware he had any songs other than that "you're beautiful" rubbish.

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #20
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
i disagree with you completely about al gore being a knucklehead. i think that since 2002 he has been a breath of fresh air in his eloquent, sincere and angry speeches against the iraq war, illegal wiretapping, climate change and other issues. i, for one, hope that he has a change of heart and decides to run for president.
This presidential thing is quite troubling for me. If he does run, then his whole agenda will become questionable: Did he do it sincerely, or just realised that he can gain huge popularity and jumped at it? He's a politician, and I can't trust his kind. I didn't hear him asking the question why wasn't the Kyoto Protocol signed by Clinton's (and his) administration in 1997. Still, he blames Bush, (which is the easiest way to become popular nowadays) even though he clearly knows that it is the Senate that would never ratify the treaty. I only started believing in the human-caused warming when I saw David Attenborough, my greatest hero, talking about it, because I know that he's got nothing to gain from his statement and is probably the most trustworthy public figure in our lifetime.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Old 07-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #21
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Thank you - I knew you could make the point much more succintly than I!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #22
administrator
forum administrator

agree with you completely about david attenborough, he's a great hero to have.

and i think that gore will not run for president, it's just me being hopeful. although i don't think it would be possible to question gore's commitment to addressing climate change, even if he did run for president. it does seem to me that he could do a lot more to lead on this issue as president.

and no, he doesn't just blame the bush administration. in fact he goes out of his way on almost every occasion to say that it's way too easy to just blame the bush administration. he argues that there is a need for a sea change in public opinion before politicians will feel the need to address climate change. hence the need for the concerts and the campaign. he wants to make climate change the number one issue for the 2008 campaign, but i think that the only way that could happen is if he ran for president.

and he has spoken many times about being unable to do as much as he / clinton wanted when he was vice president because of the fact that there was a republican congressional majority.

and yes, of course Gore was not the only person to speak out against the war before the war. but he did it more forcefully and more effectively than any other American political figure and that means something to me.

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #23
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

ok it was my fault this thread went off on a political tangent so I officially kick myself in the rear - can we get back to complaining what a lousy line-up they have for this and how damo should get more than 1.5 songs?!
Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #24
Rai
Eskimontologist

Quote:
and i think that gore will not run for president, it's just me being hopeful. although i don't think it would be possible to question gore's commitment to addressing climate change, even if he did run for president. it does seem to me that he could do a lot more to lead on this issue as president.

and no, he doesn't just blame the bush administration. in fact he goes out of his way on almost every occasion to say that it's way too easy to just blame the bush administration. he argues that there is a need for a sea change in public opinion before politicians will feel the need to address climate change. hence the need for the concerts and the campaign. he wants to make climate change the number one issue for the 2008 campaign, but i think that the only way that could happen is if he ran for president.

and he has spoken many times about being unable to do as much as he / clinton wanted when he was vice president because of the fact that there was a republican congressional majority.

and yes, of course Gore was not the only person to speak out against the war before the war. but he did it more forcefully and more effectively than any other American political figure and that means something to me.
We shall wait and see

I'm watching the gig now, but its only the Hungarian presenters talking absolute nonsense in the studio. Its even worse then Duran Duran.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #25
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

I'm really excited about the Que sera duet! I think it's going to be great! That's the only thing I really care about in this line-up... yeah, I won't give my whole day to MTV. They can forget it...
lalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #26
Mort
Czech Eskimo

I've read Damien is on around 15:00 - 16:00. I'm trying to watch the London show online but they are just streaming their 'short films' and nothing more! As far as I know BBC TWO programme from London started already so I'm confused. :S

Berlin 15/3/07, Dresden 22/7/07, Prague 10/7/12.

last.fm
Mort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #27
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

Snow Patrol are playing right now... they say Damien should be on in 10 minutes!

(watching on MSN)
Old 07-07-2007, 02:06 PM   #28
pauly414
Eskimono

him and david gray together on now
pauly414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:11 PM   #29
dmbfan36_23
Eskimo Baby

This sounds pretty good....

EDIT: for those wondering why Que Sera Sera is "a real wembley song" as DG just stated --

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whateve...Que_Sera,_Sera)

<< English football fans often adapt the lyrics of this song when they reach a Wembley Cup final to, "Que Sera Sera, Whatever Will Be Will Be, We're Going to Wembley, Que Sera Sera!" >>
dmbfan36_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #30
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

Lovely! Awesome little set! And Que Sera was beautiful! <3 It should have lasted longer...