Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 07-19-2005, 12:40 PM   #31
crackpotcuckoo
Eskimo Regular

Who else went to see Biffy Clyro? I thought they were great too! Went to see Angels of Mons (they dont have the greatest stage presence, they were dissapointing live.. Sorry Jen!), Flogging Molly (a bit of a laugh!), Queens of the Stone Age (Boring), Steve Harley (Had never heard of him before but my boyfriend dragged me along & it was great to hear "Come up & see me, make me smile...."), The Frames (As I said earlier, best band of the weekend), The Revs, The Beautiful South, Audioslave (It was great to hear "Killing in the Name"), The Killers (Didnt stay for all of that, was so bored that I had to leave),Mundy(Well I just came along in time to hear July!), Rodrigo y Gabriela (Amazing!), James Brown (Great too!And in damn good condition for a 72 year old!),
crackpotcuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #32
Uno- X
Eskimo CSI

I ****en loved oxemegen!!! the first band we saw was the keiser chiefs, now that's what I call entertainment then I got relatively pissed off cos I thought I had missed Stephen fretwell but when we went to the green room biffy clyro were on and that meant that fretwell still hasnt played! weee! he was sooooo amazing, he had a full band and put on a decent rock show. saw razorrrlight (boring), queens of the stome age, green day (could have been better), the frames (spent all gig sittin on alan's shoulders and singin my lungs out), the streets (****en class), doves (the best gig of the weekend), the killers (god the sound was sooo crap), josh riter (sooo adorable) oh and beautiful south as well!

would've seen a lot more bands but cos of that bloody heat on sunday we stayed in out tent most of the day. piss.

Uno- X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:04 PM   #33
Sionna
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowrose
The Killers were my biggest let down
the lead singer needs a personality transplant
Yeah and Id pay for it, he needs it that bad!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:45 PM   #34
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

i thought mr. flower pot was miming
Old 07-20-2005, 12:04 AM   #35
hollowrose
Eskimo Regular

hehe how much would a transplant cost? hehe
miming eh? hmm i wonder....

and i wanted to go to see Interpol too but yeah too many bloody clashes and nobody would come with me
grrr
hollowrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #36
Bumpman

Interpol saved the weekend for me, it was my third time seeing them in ireland, but it was the first time i'd seen them play to more then 2,000 people. They're consistently good live, i swear to god it seems like they never play a bad show.