Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 12-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #1
This has got to die
Eskimo Friend

Default I did my bit!!!

Haha, this is going to sound sad but thought I would share it.

I went to a local supermarket with mates and I was looking for Damien Rices album for one of my friends, I found it shoved away at the bottom...

I decedied that this was not on so got every single and moved it to first place swapping it around with the Take That CD's.

Comical to say the least but thought I would help spread the love even if my mate called me sad haha, anyway, what have strange stuff have you done to try and get Damien more notice.
This has got to die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #2
Nine
Inuit

hehehe that's excellent!
best i can say i do is wear damien tshirts/eskimo friend shirt pretty much all the time, and never stop trying to convert people to damien fans!

I'm up to 13 people so far :P

Just started Uni in september, and 7 people who didn't know of him before are now big fans, all have his album, and are coming to Hammersmith with me! yay
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:48 AM   #3
DRQuebec
Eskimo Regular

hehe let's name her Sarah.

Sarah was introduced to Damien by her friend Emilie. Emilie was introduced to Damien by her friend Julie. Julie was introduced to Damien by David (me).

One time, Sarah puts the Blower's Daughter in a party. I'm like "yeck! this music sucks!" joking and Sarah gets mad at me and tells me that I should listen more to this guy, that he's so good but that I might not like him if I'm the kind of guy who listens to what the radio tells him to listen.

That was pretty funny.

Man An Ocean
DRQuebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
liswyn
Eskimo Regular

Haha, that's interesting! How long did it take you move every single on of them? I find the ridiculous ammount of the Take That Cds in stores annoying. As well as the Christmas CDs ever mainstream artist seems to be putting out suddenly.
liswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #5
Calum
Eskimo Regular

I play Damien's songs constantly on my guitar at school without telling anyone what it is, so when they exclaim their enjoyment for it and ask what it is i tell them; even the people who claimed they didn't like him at all know how a new found respect for him.

I now have quite a few people wanting to come to the Hammersmith with me! Unfortunately i only managed to get two tickets, so i'm trying to take my sister (someone who can drive... ) if she is off from uni.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:52 PM   #6
Five Leaves Left
Eskimo Regular

i've converted several friends by burning a ton of copies of O and giving them out to my friends. yes it is illegal but in the end all of the ones who became fans bought O and 9 and several of them went to the concert with me and more will be going next time.
Five Leaves Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 04:44 AM   #7
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

I was at Borders once, and was looking at David Gray albums. There was a slip that some guy wrote saying:

"If you are dissapointed by David Gray's latest album ***at then it was A New Day After Midnight*** Check Out Damien Rice's O"

I was actualy quite mad! As much as I like Damien, I can't believe how insulting that was to David Gray's immence talent and that it is a FANTASTIC album. Also Damien being a David Gray fan, I am sure he would think that was horrible too. I took it, crumpled and tossed it leaving with a copy of Concert For Bengladesh.
Ranting Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote