Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 12-28-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
eagle88
Eskimo Friend

Default Damien Covers...

Damien has performed some amazing covers...."Hallelujah" and "Creep" come to mind as the best so far. Any covers you'd like to hear him add to the repetoire? Its kind of an odd thing to think about, cause I go to a Damien show to hear Damien songs. But its great to hear him tackle great songs.

For example, I think he'd do something really great with Traffic's "Can't Find My Way Home" or John Lennon's "Jeolous Guy". And today I heard Jude's "No One is Really Beautiful" and thought it would fit in with any set of Damien's songs.

On the other hand, those are all songs that fit really nicely with his work. I've been trying to think of songs that are outside his style that would be interesting with the Damien Rice touch. Haven't gotten them yet.

Just for fun....any other suggestions?
eagle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:18 AM   #2
crash011
Eskimo Baby

Not to be snooty, but I think Blind Faith did Can't Find My Way Home, not Traffic.
crash011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
eagle88
Eskimo Friend

All I knew was Steve Winwood's vocals, and assumed Traffic. Thanks for the correction. Colin Hay, from Men at Work, does an amazing cover of the song...he's got that amazing voice and he kills on this song.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:19 AM   #4
poe11371
Lost Eskimo

Talking

I would love to hear him perform "Jealous Guy"

He did a Portishead song when he was in Boston at he Avalon supporting then "O" and from what I can remember it was magical.

How about some Pink Floyd? Maybe one of the more manic songs from "The Wall"?

Last edited by poe11371; 12-28-2006 at 12:52 PM.
poe11371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:26 AM   #5
OrangeKnickers
Buttons For Eyes

the portishead song he did was "glory box" - it is a great cover. he has also done bjork's "play dead" and a ton of other covers.

i am anxious to hear him do PJ Harvey's "rid of me" - it would be amazing i think
OrangeKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:43 AM   #6
eagle88
Eskimo Friend

Like "Comfortably Numb?"
Old 12-29-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
poe11371
Lost Eskimo

Red face Cuts from "The Wall"

Maybe ...

"Mother" but it's been done by so many others ...

"Goodbye Blue Sky" with his guitar and Vyv's chelo and Lisa's harmony in the background ... *swoon*

"One of My Turns/Don't Leave Me Now/Another Brick In The Wall (Part 3)[not the whole song, although only 1:14 long]/Goodbye Cruel World" is a melody/mashup that he could pull off, especially after seeing his Amie/SexChange/Eskimo performance from this tour and from other live performances from years prior he has proven his talent to pull off major songs and give it his own flair ... even Prince's "Kiss"
poe11371 is offline   Reply With Quote