Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 09-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #1
ohmysleepyheadthatrestsup
Eskimo Friend

Default Scared?

u ever been scared of a weaponised virus plundering our world and forcing us inside into a species of isolationist creatures?
ohmysleepyheadthatrestsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:06 PM   #2
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

all the time... i built a special bubble for myself to live in if this happens... the only problem is if i fart i have to smell it for the rest of my life

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:21 PM   #3
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate
all the time... i built a special bubble for myself to live in if this happens... the only problem is if i fart i have to smell it for the rest of my life
the term bubble boy has just taken on an entirely new meaning

we actually have public service announcements on tv scaring us about biological warfare like preparing emergency kits it's like the old duck and cover films from the nuclear era... seriously what are you going to do about it if it does happen? i'm more worried about this worldwide pandemic flu they keep talking about, ive heard we're due for another worldwide plague...

i'm already an isolationist creature so that part would have no effect on my life really
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
Eskimo Friend

DAMN RIGHT

they want to scare us, so Orwell's true theories can be abolished from civilised thought.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:36 AM   #5
dizzy cannon
senseless eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
we actually have public service announcements on tv scaring us about biological warfare like preparing emergency kits it's like the old duck and cover films from the nuclear era... seriously what are you going to do about it if it does happen? i'm more worried about this worldwide pandemic flu they keep talking about, ive heard we're due for another worldwide plague...
a town a few miles away lives really close to a nuclear plant. so i think it was right after 9/11, they give all the people in the town these pills to take incase there were ever an explosion or leak from there...

the pills the gave them were radioisotopes of iodine which would only protect there thyroid gland and nothing else.

and we all know in the time of a nuclear crisis we gotta make sure our thryoid glands are safe

"You're still reaching for the moon."
"No, father. The moon's reaching for me!"

myspace

dizzy cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:23 AM   #6
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

yeah we got them in dublin too... due to sellafield. Absolute waste of tax payers money.. and my house only got 3 when there are 4 living here. That would have been an awkward situation had there been an explosion

"oh no my thyroid"

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #7
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

am i scared of said events taking place?

in a word, no....
Old 09-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #8
Eskimo Friend

Yea, well, thats not what Tony wants u to think. what are the service announcements like?
Old 09-21-2005, 02:05 AM   #9
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

oh they come off looking like your regular everyday public service announcements... make an emergency kit, bandages, fresh drinking water, first aid supplies etc. and at the end they slide in "protect your family in the event of biological warfare" the first time i saw it i was kind of like.. huh?? just stupid really and not very scary just... dumb. i mean how can anyone protect their family from such a thing with a first aid kit? so why even mention it and in such a benign sneaky way (it's just barely mentioned at the very end of the ad) it's almost like they're trying to place subliminal fear in you over something you have no control over anyway it's bizarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmysleepyheadthatrestsup
DAMN RIGHT

they want to scare us, so Orwell's true theories can be abolished from civilised thought.
whattya mean like big brother and such? this actually makes sense to me because they subvert your attention with fear so they can carry on with their agenda and the people are so afraid they don't even think to question it... bush won the last election on fear, you wouldn't believe the number of last minute campaign ads stirring up the fear of terrorism (as if i trust him to protect our country or my children) but it worked. and because of the fear of terrorism we allowed the patriot act to be passed which took away so many of the civil liberties our country has always prized. i mean the government can track what websites you visit, monitor your phone calls even what library books you check out all in the name of stopping terrorism now and congress passed it and the people swallowed it as a necessity in the war on terrorism...
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote