Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 08-27-2004, 02:43 PM   #31
milky
skivvy for the system

yeah was ther myself very good alright thought that damien dempsey was good and i wasnt particularly a fan but was impressed!!
Old 08-28-2004, 07:50 AM   #32
SimonWales
Eskimo Regular

White Stripes were great. Blanche were a very good band. Kinda countryNick Cave with more humour. Well worth getting there early for (and introduced by Jack White in a bowler hat and bling cane!).

Peaches was brilliant! Although I think I may have been one of around 10 people there who actually knew who she was. Everyone else seemed rather bewildered at her antics with ropes and strap-ons and near nakedness... the crowd must've been in shock 'cos nobody was really getting in to her...

Mundy was Mundy. Did his 3 good songs, a few others. Was good if you like him. If you're a passive fan like me, he was no better than average...

New York Dolls did a good job. Entertaining. And the singer was fu'ked outta his mind!
SimonWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 05:41 PM   #33
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

peaches is brilliant... i actually met her ages ago at a party and shes friends with some people i know so they got guestlist for it... i normally dont go for that type of music but ive heard some of her stuff before and her stage show and the music was equally brilliant

mundy didnt impress me as much as he usually does and i understand why he wears the hat now... when he took it off with all the sweat it looked like he was totally bald!!

the lead singer of the new york dolls i was convinced was mick jagger in disguise! when they did close ups it looked really like him but a bit prettier (not that thats hard)!
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:02 PM   #34
Lemonhead
Eskimo Regular

ah![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]simon you make jj laugh... [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 05:12 PM   #35
-oli
Band Member

peaches made me contemplate suicide.

the guitarist for new york dolls on the far left of the stage was a fag and kept pointing and winking at people in the crowd.

i didnt really get into the other bands but i think i was waiting for jet. i wasnt sure if they were playing or not, cause i heard there was a death in the family or something.

the white stripes were great though. meg is great. though i hear jack's looking to go solo sometime. i do and dont want him to. [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

"fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars"