Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-25-2006, 01:04 PM   #31
Banjaxed
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah
i see you didn't get the point of it, boy. and please don't 'quote' me if it's not what i wrote, thx.

otherwise, have fun writing your own stuff. but post it as yours as well, please. thank you.
i didn't get it... explain?
Old 07-25-2006, 01:09 PM   #32
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

behind my dialogue there's a system. yours is just a ficitonal one.

although i have to say your dialogue made me smile
Old 07-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #33
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

so, now back to topic...

do you think lisa got some strawberries after the shoot and could have some of the choc with them?

that just reminds me of the film 'chocolat'. i went to see it with a friend. and after those almost 2hrs. or whatever just seeing chocolate i felt really sick. we went to a cocktailbar just across the street and the others looked really strange at me when i ordered a green tea in the middle of the night in a cocktailbar. but i couldn't have kept anything different...
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #34
Banjaxed
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah
behind my dialogue there's a system. yours is just a ficitonal one.

although i have to say your dialogue made me smile
very "deep" and annoying.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #35
brookefield
slightly colder water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
i thought the SAME thing... haha it's like when they drop that green gak on you only it's chocolate this time! haha i was thinking of how this picture brought me back to the gool ol nickelodeon days lol
good, i'm glad i'm not the only slightly insane one who enjoys reminiscing in the good ol Pete and Pete days...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #36
Windgirl
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookefield
yeah, after i got over how lovely lisa looked i realized that the poster seemed a little off in its message...it made me think of smores and nickelodeon (does it remind anyone else of GAK?) more than the crucial mission for fair trade.

but hell, it's so cute....
HAHAHA YES!!!! Slime from Figure it out! :-D
Windgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #37
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Sorry, but ain't that gippy tummy?
Make trade fair is for poor people, since when do they get chocolate on their head?
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #38
professor chaos
Eskimo Baby

MMMmmmm chocolate!!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:50 PM   #39
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

I'm old enough that the Nickelodeon days of slime for me were "You Can't Do That on Television!" (featuring Alanis as a child) and "Double Dare!"
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 PM   #40
Banjaxed
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet

I'm old enough that the Nickelodeon days of slime for me were "You Can't Do That on Television!" (featuring Alanis as a child) and "Double Dare!"
Hah hah... me too, but i could never remember the name of that programme! Thanks.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:52 AM   #41
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

I was just joking around, sorry if I offended you. Just all that talking round in circles reminded me of the Argument Sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus. I thought it was hysterical, and I thought that you would find it funny too.

Sorry if I offended you Yetzirah.
Ranting Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:59 AM   #42
GlttrGrrl
Eskimo Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rannveig
Well, the poster is actually right on target. Notice that it asks "Ever felt dumped on?" This refers to the "dumping" practices of many developed countries in the West ,especially the US and the UK. These countries basically sell produce/goods (i.e. corn, sugar) at a lower price in the international market, even lower than what you would think is profitable. Hence the word "dumping". These "dumping practices" basically the reduces the already low income of farmers in developing countries because they have to compete with the much lower-priced produce mostly coming from the developed west.
Dumping is definitely NOT FAIR TRADE.

You might wonder why would farmers in the West "dumped" their products in the international market. Well, for one, its because, they produce at lot of goods with no corresponding demand in the local market. They produce this much largely because of the subsidies given to them by their corresponding government. Here is an article by Oxfam explaining how European Union (EU) "export subsidies are used to dump 5 million tonnes of surplus sugar annually on world markets, destroying opportunities for exporters in developing countries."

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what_we_do/i...ar_dumping.htm

HOORAY for Lisa for standing behind this important cause !
Hmm, well if you need something that long to explain the ad, the ad isn't effective - it doesn't even say in small print what "dumping" is. Besides, I thought one of the biggest problems with non-fair trade chocolate in particular is that the more than 50% of the cocoa in the world comes from Ivory Coast where slaves (yes, slaves) harvest it. There was a great article about it in Utne Reader a few years ago.

Anyway, I'm with the other person who says it's effective in that it will make you go to the website - it's really just an attention grabber.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:08 AM   #43
meltsmedown33
that ribbon of green..

lol.. all of you made me smile... and seeing the picture made me giggle... but yeah, it definately reminds me of Nickolodean and its Green Gak.. even tho its not green or anything... but yeah. <3s

raven.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #44
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranting Thespian
I was just joking around, sorry if I offended you. Just all that talking round in circles reminded me of the Argument Sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus. I thought it was hysterical, and I thought that you would find it funny too.

Sorry if I offended you Yetzirah.

it's alright, boy. i didn't feel offended. it's just that we're short in staff right now and i'm working too much and that affects my sense of humour i tell ya. i'm gonna read it a different time and i'm gonna smile about it. but right now it's just too exhausting
Old 07-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #45
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Johanna, mach dir keine Sorgen, wir haben dich doch alle trotzdem lieb. Viel Kraft und Glück auf der Arbeit!
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:39 PM   #46
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

och, danke! bist ein schatz! weisst, was mich ueber wasser haelt! die aussicht auf 4 freie tage naechste woche! da fahr ich nach dublin und drogheda rauf (und mal sehen, wohin mich die tages-ausfluege dann verschlagen...) ja, das haelt mich am laufen. aber mehr auch ned wirklich