Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-06-2005, 03:26 AM   #31
Bumpman

Yeah you're right, but still...cuba is quite close to california, and calling a cuban a californian might really piss someone off...

but hey, f*ck em' if they can't take a joke[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img], i never really understood why countries even existed in the first place, seems like an excuse to fight over nothing.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:42 AM   #32
mariodiclerico
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
Yeah you're right, but still...cuba is quite close to california, and calling a cuban a californian might really piss someone off...

but hey, f*ck em' if they can't take a joke, i never really understood why countries even existed in the first place, seems like an excuse to fight over nothing.

If you know anything about US culture (not that you necessarily should) calling a New Yorker a Texan is the difference between $500 pumps and cowboy boots.

FYI: Cuba is roughly 2000 miles from California, not quite the same as what appears to be a swimmable distance between Ireland and England.
mariodiclerico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #33
Bumpman

wow, i didn't realise they were that far apart... the problem with swimming anywhere near the irish sea is that sellafield (in england) has been dumping remains of the ol' 'glow in the dark' into the sea for years... making the irish sea officially the most radioactive sea in the world, but both governments like to pretend that it hasn't happened. In fact the only people who ever seem to get blamed for it are tourists... some very stupid people over here seem to think that if they can't talk to tony blair directly, then a holidaying binman from norfolk will probably pass the message on.

Anyway back to Daniel Bedingfield [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]
Old 02-07-2005, 04:13 AM   #34
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodiclerico
Basically. And thats why quibbling over whether they are Irish or Brittish is rather petty. Besides, in the US we really don't care b/c its just European to us...

That's not necessarily true for all Americans. I differentiate, especially between the Irish and British for some of the same reasons mentioned previously.

I like to know where musicians come from becausesomeone's background and cultural roots have a lot to do with the music they make imo regardless of where they mix or record it or who produces it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
the problem with swimming anywhere near the irish sea is that sellafield (in england) has been dumping remains of the ol' 'glow in the dark' into the sea for years... making the irish sea officially the most radioactive sea in the world...

I did not know this.

And I'm sorry but I have no idea who Daniel Bedingfield is but cool he likes Damo. Hey did you guys know that Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter?
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:30 PM   #35
Bumpman

Yeah, it sucks living anywhere near the irish sea, you can imagine being a bit terrified of things like tapwater and rain. But it's still stupid to blame something like that on a race of people, i'm quite comfortable to blame the english government though. They'll pay for it someday.Edited by: Bumpman
Old 02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
rosey
This message has been deleted by rosey.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:35 PM   #36
Bumpman

very well then, i blame the people who govern england.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:52 PM
rosey
Old 02-08-2005, 04:59 PM   #37
Bumpman

What makes mic christopher great is purely his rhythym and the simplicity of his music, and how a strong melody can turn good lyrics into incredible lyrics.

I'm not one of those people who pretends to like him just because he's passed away though, embarrassingly enough i didn't realise that he was dead until march of 2003, and i had the album ages before that, and i loved it as much then as i do now.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:51 PM
rosey
Old 02-09-2005, 03:23 PM   #38
Bumpman

oh, i thought that you just didn't like him [img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

Mic Christopher is a musician who i would consider to be a genius in simplicity, he passed away in 2001 at age 33 because he bumped his head on a step. At that stage he only had half of his debut solo album finished, so his friends finished it for him and it was released posthumously.