Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 09-24-2006, 04:32 AM   #31
Ranting Thespian
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Um no, it was a case of this tribe inhabits this territory and if you encroach on it we're gonna f*cking kill you. It's not like we used dance around hand in hand with rabbits and lions singing Imagine

That's not what John meant, that's not what I meant. I mean now we have border patrols, we had the berlin wall for a long time, we had this and that with passports and immagration and such. I hate that we have to have this and that papers just to be in a country. I know we have security issues and such, but half of that is caused by these borders we put up.

Plus countries were not as tight in Europe as who could walk through what earlier in the 1900's and the 1800's. I mean yes there were people who claimed terroties, but that happens even in your own area that you were there first or such. It wasn't as complicated (yes violence would happen, but the legal stuff wasn't there)

Of course to get rid of those boundries, we would have to be able to strip naked and hug our neighbors (it's a metaphor, lol!). With the world now, we cannot do it. But in the future, maybe.

As I stated in my 2nd latest song I wrote

"I still believe
To this day
That love and peace
Is the way"

-When Will It End?
by the Ranting Thespian

and about being predjudice, I found out recently that I am somewhat preudjudice about religon . I felt horrible when I found out these things I did were against what my nature is. I am now trying to correct this part of myself. I actualy am going to apologize to a few people who I blew them off because of their beliefs. Wish me luck.
Ranting Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #32
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closing_Doors
Unfortunately it is a common "mistake". I don't lose sleep over it but it's annoying to see.
So are a lot of things, but don't let it annoy you There are bigger problems in the world to be annoyed about than the geography of the UK
Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 AM   #33
Nialler
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyDylan
It makes my blood boil too, the anti english feel from so many people... The quote above shows how simple and easy Zane's mistake is to make... Zane isn't English, yet the english are quickly blamed...

Many people paid a price for independence (indirectly mostly nowadays!).... years ago.... It wasn't my fault, my fathers fault, my grandfathers fault, etc. Move one... bitterness has no place here....

ps. I love Ireland, and the Irish people when I visit, they don't exhibit this bitterness in the flesh!

Its a difficult one this topic... Basically history dictates on this.. Its a deep psycological thing with the Irish.. 99% of us believe in looking to the future.. But when it comes to territory we get very defencive (not bitter !). Look at what is happening over here with housing - We have the highest private home ownership in the world - Anyone who has any spare funds go's out and buys property. This a direct result of history and being unable to own any land in our own country. So when it comes down to comments regarding our independance 99% of us will speak up in defence.. Personally I am a european and have numerous British friends but it does make a little angry when we are rolled in with the UK.
Nialler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:05 PM   #34
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinBoy
hmmm, is ireland part of the british isles

surely it can't be denyed that there is geographical closeness of ireland to yoookay(uk)? i'd like to think that i have brotherhood withem atleast on that level.
i love the way you said UK just like that spa tim westwood would say it!! maaaaaaaaaaaaake some noiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise for the yoooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaayy!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #35
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by audity
It makes my blood boil when the English lump us Irish into being "from the U.K." when it meets their purpose.
And Zane Lowe isn't even english, he's from New Zealand! Classic!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:02 PM   #36
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccas81
i love the way you said UK just like that spa tim westwood would say it!! maaaaaaaaaaaaake some noiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise for the yoooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaayy!
YIIIIIIIIEH!! Westwood, blowing up big dog style! YIIIIIIIIEH!