Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 08-31-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

Did anyone know where she went? She was such a nice person? [img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #2
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

she last visited on 14th August so that's not too long ago!! maybe she just got a social life!!
Vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #3
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

a social life...i do forget one of those sometimes......

ahh yeah she was a nice person
Old 08-31-2004, 11:41 PM   #4
Angela
Eskimo Regular

Yes, she's a sweety [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2004, 11:44 PM   #5
Tink
Eskimo fairy godmother

She was lovely i did really like her[img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #6
Donsie B!
Eskimo Charmer

..she'll b back..she'll miss eskimo pie!
4 drinks down and i just don't care,
5 in the morning,
6 stories up looking down,
7 still fighting,
8 times around but this time i wont drown!

Nightrocker- The Chalets
Donsie B! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:57 PM   #7
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

lol, hey guys. i never imagined a thread about me would start. i haven't been on much because it's the beginning of my senior year following a rather busy summer. i didn't expect anybody would miss me, heh. but thanks for wondering! i'm here! lol

(but no social life, i promise)
Old 09-03-2004, 11:59 PM   #8
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

so u still with dustin?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:12 AM   #9
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

funny you should ask. i knew it would come up. here's the story.

after an AMAZING june, he left for basic training at the military academy, so we wrote letters all through july and part of august. finally in mid august he got his phone and computer and we were able to communicate daily. what we discovered was a very difficultlack of conversation. he's not really enjoying his experience there, so at the end of the day he doesn't really want to talk about it. things began to change a little for who knows what reason, but i was/am still willing to try to make it work. this past sunday after it had become extremely obvious that something was wrong, dustin revealed to me that this relationship isn't the best idea for him right now. initially i flipped on account of HOW MUCH TIME i invested in communicating with him (LOTS of letters) while he was gone that seemed to go almost entirely unappreciated. he's actually on his way home right now for a holiday weekend, which was GOING to be our special special special reunion day. but now that it's tainted to the point of opaqueness.. i'm not sure if i want to see him or not. he decided to take a break in this relationship the very WEEK before we finally would get to see each other. tell me that's not lame. i'm quite upset about it, but luckily school also started this week and i've been quite distracted and unable to dwell on my EXTREME disappointment. your thoughts on whether i should see him?
Old 09-04-2004, 12:16 AM   #10
mestonf
Eskimo Regular

nope if he doesn't then its hard for you, thats sorry to say gina but he isn't interested, see him and tell him where he stands then he might be able to make a better descicion
Old 09-04-2004, 12:21 AM   #11
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestonf
nope if he doesn't then its hard for you, thats sorry to say gina but he isn't interested, see him and tell him where he stands then he might be able to make a better descicion

umm.. sorry, i don't understand this. if he doesn't what? in what way do i tell him where he stands? he's already made his decision. i've got nothing to say except that i never intended things to go this way. i planned on being with someone who was away, no matter what. i don't see why he wouldn't take that when it's offered to him. he told me the women at the military academy aren't his taste at all, so that's definitely not what's happening here. the part that screws me up about all of this is that he insists that he loves me. but for whatever reason, we just can't be together.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:31 AM   #12
cille
creepycute

maybe he wants his freedom? i mean, maybe he still loves you but wants to be alone at the moment?

maybe you could meet him to make a clean break, sort of say goodbye in a good way, let him know how you feel, etc.

or maybe it's a bad idea cause it will hurt too much? you do sound like this hurts a lot so maybe you shouldn't...Edited by: cillecille
Old 09-04-2004, 02:38 PM   #13
jayavo
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamosFavEyes

but for whatever reason, we just can't be together.

sing him the blowers daughter.

by that i mean do what cille suggests. see him, tell him honestly what your feelings are and if he is still not interested in a relationship, simply accept it. maybe not so simple, but thats all you can really do. by not seeing him youll leave open doors that lead to questions. youll wonder if things could be different for far longer than if you face the pain of it and have ( and i hate this word) closure. just remember that your happiness is not tied to him. he was just a part of your life. you will have many parts of many different types in your life. it hurt when you skinned your knee at 5. it hurt when your girlfriend at 8 didnt want to be friends anymore. it hurt when your first boyfriend walked away. itll hurt when this guy does. but thats life. each time you felt pain growing up it felt like it would never end. it does. part of making it stop sooner is how you react to it. you could be drama queen and drag it out or you could be a strong independent person and wish him all the best. that wil be harder but like most things its the harder things that make you feel better as a person. good luck and remember the last line of the song..........

jason

'.........til i find someone new.'
Old 09-05-2004, 08:48 PM   #14
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

jason, your advise is everything i've already come up with on my own. haha. this morning i told dustin that breaks are bullsh*t, and that i'm so done with this situation. it consumes too many of my thoughts, and distracts me too much from other things. he said he doesn't want to quit talking or to not know each other anymore. and i don't want to lose his friendship either. he said 'i'll call you tonight'.. but i saidmaybe we shouldn't talk for a good while, and that i'd seek him out when i was ready. it would give me time to recooperate, and we can be friends the way we used to be. so that's that. what doyou think a good time frame would be for me to contact him again? i think i'll do it when i'm fully over the situation, and when i start to miss his presence as a friend, not a boyfriend.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:09 PM   #15
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

That makes sense, Gina. Sorry to hear you're hurting over this. [img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #16
DamosFavEyes
Long Time No SeEskimo

[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]thanks.[img]smileys/smiley24.gif[/img]