Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-06-2014, 06:26 PM   #31
jupitercrash
Nothing is lost...

^^ Mario, you make valid points, which I'm not inclined to get into a debate about.

Just one clarification, I did use the word "currently".

On the letting go/boom point... a glimmer of hope can paralyse, it's amazing the freedom that can flow when hopeless hope dies.

Over and out!
jupitercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #32
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupitercrash View Post
Just one clarification, I did use the word "currently".
That interview quote is current, from one of the interviews published in the last month. And it refers to him talking to Lisa in what I think was about a year ago.
mario_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #33
mattministrator
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_d View Post
Can you get us a fairly accurate translation to English?
I could, but it would neither be fun to translate nor to read, to be honest. I think you've already discussed the core of the issue and the review itself has nothing much to add to the points you've exchanged.
mattministrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #34
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

I just wanted it to be able to get the context of what the journalist wrote.

Is it long? I haven't even clicked the link, just went off the two sentences Chrysler typed.

Edit: Would it maybe just be easier to clean up what google gives me?

Quote:
13 years ago, Damien Rice has broken the world 's heart , before eight last packed the pieces. The Irish singer- songwriter still has lovesickness . It goes slowly .

Bitter he has become . A lone man still behind mourns his great love after all these years and do not want to understand that it is long since her much better without him . Immediately before a concert in Munich Damien Rice had thrown his longtime musical partner and Lisa Hannigan 2007 dispute from the band and in his life , since he wants it back . He gave interviews in which he talks about how much he loves and misses her and that he is not evil , for whatever. He begged again and again , just one more time to sing for him . He has called her from the stage and let 25,000 people yell into the phone its name . And now he has written her an album .

If you have listened carefully , the heartbreaking melancholy songs on O were already rather disturbing than sad . At the time, Rice and Hannigan were still a couple , not always a harmonious and healthy , but with even more passion that Rice was in music, Hannigan then lent her voice . Infinity raw and fragile , it sounded like he was shaking his words to the acoustic guitar in songs like The Blower's Daughter , and then bring slowly to strings and finally to let Hannigan make with three rows shy a duet of it. Nothing as they could he think he sang , over and over again . Whether they have about said that they hate him and will leave , she sang back evasively . He was quite certain she would stay .

Five years later , as he sat with 9 abschwatzen a second album from the record company and it grabbed his heavy mind in as much velvet and cotton , that her singing it sounded contrived strange. A few months later she was gone .

My Favourite Faded Fantasy is now the protocol of a seven- year-long lovesickness . Damien Rice writes his songs more in the middle in the dark , the door in sight and the phone in the hand , but with the whole energy of the sad old stalker . " I made ​​you laugh , I made ​​you cry / I made ​​you open up your eyes ," he sings in The Greatest Bastard , " I helped you open up your wings / Your legs , and many other things / Did not I ? " , If that's even ironic , then it does not matter. For guitar and strings he can in similar defensive I Do not Want To Change You grow a kitschy cowboy ballad in which his voice out of sheer dumplings can no longer break . Over the years, Rice has been mourns a self-righteousness that leaves a theatrical aftertaste to every honest feeling .

He can do it even without ramparts , show songs like Colour Me In , a soft piece in which he breathed and howls and the acoustic guitar plucks as before , without filling any gap with pleasing rock and threatening promise . Then he lets his grief is still much room , which even the loneliest voice alone can not fill .

His duet partner , he is so still not regained . Lisa Hannigan has long published two successful solo albums without him and defends the question of a new joint album with Damien Rice from routinely . The passe their time just all bad.

Last edited by mario_d; 11-06-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #35
melodie
mmm bop.

Quote:
grow a kitschy cowboy ballad in which his voice out of sheer dumplings can no longer break
This is gold.
melodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #36
Chrysler
Eskimo Regular

dont bother about the article. it's not worth the read..its click-journalism as its best
Chrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #37
mario_d
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysler View Post
dont bother about the article. it's not worth the read..its click-journalism as its best

This headline is as far away from click bait as one could possibly get.
13 years ago, Damien Rice has broken the world 's heart , before eight last packed the pieces. The Irish singer- songwriter still has lovesickness . It goes slowly .
Old 11-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #38
tessalasset
Eskimo Regular

So great. I love Google Translate.
tessalasset is offline   Reply With Quote