Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #31
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockthesmurf
After hearing Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan were no longer a musical colaboration I cut my arm off in shock. I am now sueing Damien Rice for one million dollars to reinburse me for lost revenue in my profession as 'man that gets paid to do handstands'. I therefore will not be attending his next show, although I might have beans on toast for tea.

I hope that clears everything up, now everyone can go back to being happy eskimo's, *throws snowball*.

Steve
xo

lol ....oh wow that is bad.. I'm sorry to hear that....
I hope you are better and reimbursed soon.. cheers steve...

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:20 PM   #32
idlerobbo
Eskimo Baby

Lisa was thrown out of the band?? Really??!

Wow im never going to another damo show again!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:39 PM   #33
LuciferSam
Eskimo Baby

It's not a crazy post, IMO. I sold my tickets to the upcoming Oakland show. I've seen the band with Lisa and without. I thought without her they were lacking a bound to the music... what THEY did was perfect, but Lisa isn't exactly someone that can come in and be imitated accurately.

I'd pay $10 to see them without Lisa - probably $60 with her there.

Damien Rice, as is stated in this forum and others I don't consider a Name but a Band Name. There is a difference - the band made albums under the brand name Damien Rice. Now that brand name has a different supporting cast which I don't feel matches what they've had in the past.

I love the 2 albums... but without Lisa, Damien Rice doesn't represent the same thing. I don't plan on going to any more shows.

I don't see how this is any different than any other band losing a member... I think a lot is lost in semantics since they're all going under the name Damien Rice.

That being said - I'll check back for awhile hoping to hell that she links back up with them all - they're very powerful when together.
LuciferSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:00 AM   #34
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

wow Damien is only worth ten bucks to you out of the sixty ?

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice

Last edited by julia; 04-26-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:57 AM   #35
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

LOL Julia!!

Anyone who has read the reviews of their first three gigs on the nam tour knows this discussion is over. period.

Getting totally psyched in dallas!
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #36
Angeline
Irish Eskimo Baby

Can ye not just get over it!! Lisa is gone and thats it, shes not coming back. The shows must go on. She's not that big of a loss. Damien writes all the songs, and sang 90% of them. She only sang a few lines. She played no instruments, he plays the guitar and piano. He works his ass off and ye are putting him down. He could have thrown in the towel when they fell out but he didnt he carried on, which mustn't have been easy, especially with everyone shouting at him about Lisa. He even added extra dates to his tour. He is one of the most talent musicians in the world and ye should be grateful that he is coming to play in yer country, some countries dont get the chance to see him at all. I wouldnt miss seeing him for the world. No one knows the full story so just forget about it and go and see him.

Last edited by Angeline; 04-26-2007 at 02:04 PM.
Angeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:06 PM   #37
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Amen Angeline, thank you my love..
Cheers.
We can appreciate them both together in their recording's we all love, and now separately.
Just because they are no longer singing together should not make you dislike one or the other. I feel like many of the fans on this and threads like this one want to make Damien the bad guy. We have no idea what happen, perhaps this is the best thing in the world for both of them and the rest of the band.
They made beautiful music together and they will continue to make beautiful music apart..

Last edited by julia; 04-26-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #38
LuciferSam
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
wow Damien is only worth ten bucks to you out of the sixty ?
Yeah, $10, not that Lisa is alone worth $50... it's the - "the whole is worth more than the sum of the parts" thing.

You can't measure that by how many lines she had in a song, that's silly. Her voice is like an instrument that can't be replaced, now he doesn't have it. How can you recreate those songs live without her as an instrument?

He can't. I've seen the band live without her, they don't even come close IMO.

On a fan club board like this, people probably don't care. Damien could probably fart into a microphone and sell it as a $20 record and you'd still buy it. But to most I think it is unacceptable. I came in here to see what people are saying - and a wish that somehow Lisa would make her way back into the band.

But for me the band is over. I have no interest in their current tour lineup, and I have no interest in future albums without Lisa.
LuciferSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #39
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferSam
Damien could probably fart into a microphone and sell it as a $20 record and you'd still buy it.
Sounds like the B-sides ep (I didn't buy it)