Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 AM   #1
coffeebean
Eskimo Baby

Default Who is Shane Ryan?

He's mentioned in the Lisa Hannigan article on Wikipedia. His name popped out at me and I think I've heard of him before. Has anyone else heard of him? Is he a musician perhaps?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

where is he mentioned?

i only see shane fitzsimmons mentioned

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Old 12-19-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
Beevers_uk
Esquimal Conducido Pasión

Location: In My Sugar Coated World, Filled With Angels And Love And Happiness And... And You.

Shane Ryan is an Irish Gaelic Footballer who plays for Dublin. He was born on the 5th October, 1978. Ryan plays his club football for Naomh Mearnóg and his preferred position is centre back although, he is known to have played many positions for Dublin. He made his senior debut for Dublin on the 04 June 1999 [1]. He also plays hurling and has represented Dublin at all levels up to senior. He made the decision his decision to concentrate solely on Gaelic football in 2004, which dealt a blow to the then hurling manager Humphrey Kelleher [2] . This was a turn around from his original decision in 2001, to only concentrate on football just for that year.[1] Shane is a graduate of Business Studies (2001) in Dublin City University and is a teacher by profession.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Ryan

- Im Not Who You Think I am, I Slipped A Stranger Inside -
...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
- You'll Be My Muse, And I'll Be Your Poet -
...~My Myspace Thingy~...
Old 12-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #4
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate
where is he mentioned?

i only see shane fitzsimmons mentioned
It says Lisa married him (I don't think the footballer) in august?? Did we miss that? Or is it just the usual 'someone-made-stuff-up' nonsense??

Old 12-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #5
Scrappygrrl
Eskimo Friend

You took the words right out of my mouth, Wheels. I know we generally don't speculate about their personal lives here, but....
Anyhoo - this is wikipedia and you can pretty much write anything you want, so there is a good chance it is not true.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #6
DRQuebec
Eskimo Regular

Can't be true. She told me last night between two bottles of wine that she was single and she felt soooo lonely.
Then a flying elephant fell in my garden. I called John Lennon to tell him we were OK, just so he wouldn't worry too much for us. Lisa now calls me her saviour.

Man An Ocean
Old 12-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
vidiot
Eskimo Baby

Wow that wikipedia article was really poorly written. I am very skeptical at the accuracy of that post. They said she sang lead for Damien and played drums. I have seen her play drums with Vyv and while it was cute, it was far from proficient. I did get up the nerve to say hello to Lisa a couple weeks ago before the Orpheum show and she wasn't wearing a ring. But Vyv on the other had was wearing a ring on her left ring finger. Is it the same in Ireland? I know some countries wear thier wedding bands on the right. If you do a google search for "Lisa Hannigan" and "Shane Ryan" the wikipedia entry is the only hit. If she did get married I am very happy for her and wish her all the happiness in the world. If not, , then the lucky guy is still amoung us.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
Angeline
Irish Eskimo Baby

Well i never heard of her getting married..it mustn't have been in Ireland..Maybe she did....

Last edited by Angeline; 12-20-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

I think we can agree that whoever Shane Ryan is, he is nothing to do with Damien's music. And as ScrappyGrrl points out we don't discuss the bands personal life. So I'm going to wrap myself over the knuckles and say... let's leave it there.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Yep wikipedia is nonsense. As of hereon out Damien was parented by two smurfs:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Rice#Biography
Closed Thread