Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 10-06-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
Shoover
Eskimo Baby

saw howie day with the band for the first time this weekend. it definitely was a great performance and totally changed alot of the songs from his solo performances. the new cd is out this week and i would recommend it to people to check out.

charlotte martin opened for him. wasn't impressed with her at all. and this other band jump opened and they were mediocre but turned awful rapidly because each song was 15 minutes long. they ran way over and production people tried to get them off by turning the lights on and they just wouldn't take the hint. arrgghh.
Shoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:05 AM   #2
Kailin
Eskimo Friend

Oh you heard the new cd already??? Is it out in Europe already??? I can't wait to hear his new album.

Was he performing with a band or solo? Coz I saw him solo nearly a year ago as support act for Tori Amos. That was so impressive! How a little guy like him with a guitar and a few amps can deliver such a performance - wooww [img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]
Kailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
Shoover
Eskimo Baby

well, most of the songs he played were from the new cd. it's out in the u.s. already, don't know about europe.

he performed with the band mostly, but then the crowd booed them off and he did some solo. he's not so little anymore...his hair and the rest of him keep er, um, expanding.
Old 10-07-2003, 02:59 PM   #4
Scon
Eskimo Regular

I loved the old Howie, but I'm not so keen on the new one and am disappointed [img]smileys/smiley6.gif[/img]. I was a massive fan, so hopefully this direction isn't permanent. Still, I'd love to see him live again.
Scon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:16 AM   #5
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

what didn't you like about charlotte? i love her.

p.s if you were going to PLEASE TO f**kING GOD DO NOT SAY SHE'S A TORI AMOS RIPOFF....that gets so f**king old so quick. it's like every girl w/ a piano has to be trying to be like tori just like every guy with a guitar has to be trying to be dave matthews..just give that crap a rest..
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:12 AM   #6
Shoover
Eskimo Baby

p.s if you were going to PLEASE TO f**kING GOD DO NOT SAY SHE'S A TORI AMOS RIPOFF....that gets so f**king old so quick. it's like every girl w/ a piano has to be trying to be like tori just like every guy with a guitar has to be trying to be dave matthews..just give that crap a rest..[/quote]

whoa! yeah, that's all everybody was saying at the concert. never listened to tori amos, so can't say it's that.

i don't know if it had to do with standing directly in front of the speakers, but her voice was very theatre/broadway sounding, (e.g. like over diction or something). i was waiting for her break out into a les miz song. she had a tendency to just bellow a note in the middle of the song for a really long time and that was annoying. yes, she has a great voice, but it didn't add anything to song and was distracting. the only song that stood out to me was the "hey i'm a psycho stalker why did you leave me" scary a** song. the rest just kind of blended together for me. i think when her songwriting matures a bit and her singing is more polished (for lack of a better word), she'll be dyn-o-mite.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:15 AM   #7
AllThatLies
Eskimo Regular

ok, just curious thumbsup for having a real opinion. i'm just so sick of the tori amos stuff for her and dave matthews stuff for damien, jason mraz, etc...
AllThatLies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 07:28 PM   #8
love
Eskimo Baby

I've heard Charlotte too and I'm just not interested...Her sound just kinda annoys me--sorry. I've given her a listen serveral times in hope that maybe she'll grow on me...but no, I don't think it's going to happen for me. I wish her the best of luck though...
love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 09:39 PM   #9
dara
Eskimo Regular

in a nutshell charlotte is a harlot
dara is offline   Reply With Quote