Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 12-30-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
Louise
Eskimo Regular

What did you think lads and lasses? I thought they were brilliant but MY GOD there was a disproportionate number of knobs in the crowd!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
nakedlunch
Eskimo Friend

Yeah, that's sometimes what happens when a band
attains that level of success. All the people who only
go to see what's currently "cool" come out to play.
They want to be seen there and tell people they went
to it, so they go to the gig, get incredibly drunk and
annoy everyone around them!
Old 12-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #3
Louise
Eskimo Regular

I know but last night was ri-DIC-ulous.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:32 PM   #4
*Killian*
If Carlsberg Did Eskimos

i wasnt able to see them this time round but i so hate it when that happens, thankfully it didnt though when i went to see them last march, just before they started getting "BIG", ah what a gig it was....[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img] Edited by: *Killian*
Old 12-30-2004, 12:33 PM   #5
Donsie B!
Eskimo Charmer

tell all..
4 drinks down and i just don't care,
5 in the morning,
6 stories up looking down,
7 still fighting,
8 times around but this time i wont drown!

Nightrocker- The Chalets
Donsie B! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:45 PM   #6
eskimo_friendly
Eskimo Regular

I had my two tickets but neither me or my friend were in the mood for it yesterday, and I saw them a month ago in the Olympia anyway, so we decided not to go. So I went out to the RDS last night and sold the tickets, and while standing around waiting for buses etc I saw the crowd queuing and going in and I thought thank god I'm not going in there tonight! No offence to any of them, it's just that alot of them looked like they thought they were going into some nite-club where they could go in and cause mayhem!!

A few of them slipped into the Olympia gig but it was alot more easily controlled.

Hope all of you who went had fun anyway!Edited by: eskimo_friendly
eskimo_friendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:58 PM   #7
Louise
Eskimo Regular

yeah thats what it was like-my friend and I were in the queue (we're both 22) and we were looking around and I swear it was like we were going into a school disco. Lots of young people dressed up in mini skirts and low cut tops. Lots and lots of people up from the country (which is fine-they have to see concerts too but these people seemed like they were there for the day out rather than out of desire to see snow patrol). Anyway, that wasn't too bad, its up to individuals what they want to wear to a concert etc. But then we got in there and stood for a long time so that we could be near the front. While we watched republic of loose-they were really good by the way-the people around us kept disappearing and it was clear they were knocking back the drink-so by the time the gig started we were surrounded by hammered people. Ok-these things happen. Then-finally-Snow Patrol came on. My friends and I were really excited, we LOVE them. And all of a sudden a group of 8 ginormous rugby style guys (Id say they were 17) rammed their way through the whole crowd. Literally they stood like they would in a rugby match and rammed their way to the front, and as I said there were a lot of young very small girls who were just knocked out of the way. Anyway, we tried to ignore them as they moshed around the place bashing small people again and again-but in the shuffling we wound up right beside them. One of them literally leaned his entire body weight on me and when I asked him to stop (nicely-I said please)he told me to f**k off. Then his friend accused me of pushing him!!!! It was ridiculous. Fortunately 2/3 of the way through the gig they decided their "bollocks were burning" and they'd "played all the good songs anyway" and went to the back. Then we were just left with the hammered people who were just generally obnoxious.

I suppose it could just be that I was unlucky to be beside that group of people but it was really unpleasant. I was disappointed because the music was brilliant but it was difficult to ignore the w**kers beside me.

ANNNyway. I hope anyone else who was there had a grrreat time. [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 02:03 PM   #8
Jen de mighty
Dancin' eskimo

i was there and yeah i gotta agree. i was sooo excited about going to the gig and i was there really early so i got up fairly near the front with a few mates. This extremely freaking guy (he was waay older than us - im 16 and he was late 30s-40) and he started humping my friends. it was so messed up so eventually he got so many dirty looks from everyone around us he f**ked off. It was a great gig all the same. they put on an amazing show!

Oh in response to all those ppl giving out about the whory teenagers i couldnt agree and im a teenager! it was so f**ked - they looked like they were going to wesley or something...it made no sense. [img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2005, 07:09 PM   #9
**jebus**
if carlsberg made eskimos

I totally agree about the kind of "fans" that went,

I was totally seperated from all my friends, and was dangerously close
to the group of "rugby style guys" but things got beta from ther on
in...

the security gaurd realised my distress and pulled me away from them... right up to the barrier!

so i had an amazing view, and then Mark McClelland </font></font>(the sexy sexy bass player!!..I hope I got his name right!)

threw his plec into the crowd, but not quite making it, it landed jus
onfront of me where the security guards stand onfront on the stage.

so i kindly indicated to the security guard but he picked it up...and gave it to somebody else!!

I was SO annoyed!! But then i started indicating to Mark and was
shouting at him to give me his plec, and he was jus nodding his head in
time to the beat so i wasn't sure if he could hear me, but then at the
end of the song he gave me the thumbs up!!

so at the end of the concert he gave it to the security guard to give
to me!!I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!(cos i obviously know him so well now after
such a bonding experience!)

Then wen it was all over I got the set list aswell!!

I felt kinda bad cos I was already so lucky to get something so i split it with the two people either side of me!

I jus wish I hadn't been seperated from my friends...i mean i might as well hav been there on my own!

But overall i thought it was an amazing performance!</span>
**jebus** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #10
AdamDuritz
Eskimo Baby

I went to a few dates on the Snow Patrol tour -- the Belfast show in Nov/Dec and the Dublin ones too. Really good shows! There were a lot of assholes at the gigs trying to push to the front though, I ended up telling them to f**k off or I would "kick the f**k out of him" -- if you saw me you'd know it was a silly comment to make since I'm built like a cigarette and there was about 7 of them. They soon pushed the other way though!

My cousin is a friend of Nathen's (guitar player) so I got to hang out with them and have a few drinks with Gary Lightbody and the band. Really cool guys.... Very grounded

"You've waited a long time, to fall down on your knees."-A.Duritz
AdamDuritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #11
administrator
forum administrator

gosh that's terrible. i hate when that happens. i bet snow patrol were great though. i saw them play in a small room in cork just over a year ago and it was amazing, so it's great to see them doing so well at least.

administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #12
Louise
Eskimo Regular

IM glad it wasn't just me, I was scared I was losing it and becoming a total snob or something?