Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Other Music > Other Music

Old 04-22-2004, 07:19 AM   #1
rudy
Eskimo Regular

Anyone for Nicolai?

Well, if you havn´t heard him it´s definitely worth checking out. Soulish singer-songwriter rock, he sounds a bit like a young (and horny) Van Morrison. I´d almost give you a money-back guarantee if you won´t like his latest album titled "Here´s my song, you can have it... I don´t want it anymore. Yours 4-ever, Nicolai Dunger".
rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 11:42 AM   #2
cille
creepycute

yeah, Nicolai Dunger is a great singer and songwriter definately!

actually i didn't know him before last tuesday, when i was invited to a free gig with him here in copenhagen, so i dl'ed some of his material and enjoyed it very much. great singer, great lyrics, great tunes, i can definately recommend his recorded stuff.

but the gig itself wasn't very good i think. nicolai didn't seem 'there' at all, as if he didn't really care or had a severe inner struggle going on that kept him from really singing from his heart (or whereever he could sing from[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]). or maybe he was just drunk, i dunno (drunk swedes are pretty common in copenhagen[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]). he kept leaving the stage on several occasions. didn't play for very long.

the audience wasn't all 'there' either, though... it was a small venue, not a lotta people there, stillsome just talked allll the time (i will never understand how people can stand and talk right in front of a guy that's actually SINGING FOR YOU! pisses me off!), some even wrote sms'es during the show! (and some mobile phone kept interfering with the sounds system making that strange rythm 'dit dittedit dittedit' - kinda funny, but...damn! turn 'em off!!!) only a few seemed to be actual fans.

not an ALLbad concert, just... well couldn't help comparing it to the fantastic damien gig i went to about 1½-2 months ago, and... well maybe an unfair comparison, but Nicolai was just SO far from the vibrant experience damo was - that feeling of being present here and now together with this band and the other people in the audience, sharing a great, life-confirming experience.

but yeah, he's definately great on records. but hey, what's up with those glasses of his!?![img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img](ok that was a superficial remark, just couldn't help mentioning...)
Old 04-26-2004, 07:10 PM   #3
EndUvTheWrld
Eskimo Friend

post a link and I'll check him out
Old 04-27-2004, 06:34 AM   #4
rudy
Eskimo Regular

www.nicolaidunger.com

rudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:06 AM   #5
cille
creepycute

[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]difficoult to figure that link out, huh?

well i can recommend him, surely!