Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 01-28-2005, 05:40 PM   #31
Libby
Eskimo Regular

Hendrik, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I so much want you to be happy, you have everything going for you. You have the brightest smile and the most sparkly eyes,so I didn't know just how bad you were feeling. You are a fantastic person, thoroughly interesting, intelligent, fun, and a great conversationalist.

You have NOTHING to be ashamed of being on anti-d's, and you have had such a rough time with your Dad. I found this which says it will take a few weeks for them to start working...

http://www.healthandage.com/Home/gm=20!gid7=101

I've told you I am here for you and I meant it. You can call me any time and I'll be here to listen. I'll post over my spare mobile this week so at least you can text me as well.

You have so may friends in the igloo and we are all here for you.

Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 06:22 PM
rosey
This message has been deleted by rosey.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:22 PM   #32
Hannah650
Wee Wils

Hendrik, i too believe that it can only be a matter of time and will before you are happy. You do deserve to be so much, and at the minute things may not be good, but if this medication worked for Rosey and for others, there is absolutely no doubt why it shouldnt work for you too. I am saddened by your post though, but as Libby said every single person here cares for you, and is a friend if ever u need to get something off your chest.

I only wish i could say something of some use to u, something constructive but im not so good at this so instead ill say a prayer for u, maybe that will be of some help.Edited by: Hannah650
Old 01-28-2005, 10:27 PM   #33
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

i loves u henny
Old 03-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #34
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Thanks again for the lovely messages.

I'm gonna be alone in the house during the easter time, isn't that nice, everyone else is going home for a couple of days...f*ck. So if anyone of the eskimos wants to come to Dudley / Netherton, the house is almost empty (except for filthy orgies).

Last edited by Hendrik; 03-21-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #35
Uno- X
Eskimo CSI

no orgies? well then Unster isnt comin....*pouts* ah henders *cuddle*

Uno- X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:45 PM   #36
cille
creepycute

hendrik hendrik hendrik! *hug*
did you read my message in the favourite eskimo-thread? hope you did.
Love, c.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:22 AM   #37
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Exclamation

maybe this isn't the right place but i saw this on the news last night and i immediately thought of you hendrik and i have no other way to get ahold of you... when you said prozac i cringed because i used to work on a suicide hotline and we had posters up telling us to check if suicidal callers were on prozac because of the increased risk of suicidal behavior, and that was thirteen years ago!

but now the fda has put a black box warning (the most serious warning label the FDA has) on all SSRI class anti-depressants (zoloft, prozac, paxil, celexa and luvox) because of the serious effects they have especially on adolescents and young adults. right now in the u.s. theres a public outcry because there have been murders and increased suicides by young people on these drugs and the warnings are still not on the medications!! and doctors are still prescribing them!! i'm sorry but this makes me so angry!!! (who knows if this news had made it's way to europe yet)

hendrik you need better follow up and closer monitoring from your doctor right now. don't stop taking the medication because that can make things worse but DO get back into your doctor AS SOON AS POSSIBLE meaning NOW and tell them that you're still not feeling any better and give them this information from the FDA. ask about the other anti-depressants available (wellbutrin, remeron, effexor and serzone) and tell them you need more intensive counseling not just once a month or whenever they can fit you into their schedule!

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/news/2004/NEW01124.html
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #38
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

@cille:

Yes, I've read it, danke, habe mich gefreut!

Thank you very much, Melissa. I knew that there was a reason that I felt upset about taking f*cking medication in the first place...

Although I know that it would get worse again when I would stop takin the pills. I take "Fluoxetine", which is generally considered as 'prozac'. One each day.

Like I said in another thread: I'm still doing everything which is in my power. Tomorrow is my very first weekly appointment with a female counseler (arranged by my GP, cos the he couldn't arrange anything with that psychatrist, cos he's goin to retire later this month). Of course my GP knows that I'm still not alright. That's why we're still lookin for possibilities to make a change.

At the moment, I'm feeling even more crappy. Since Thursday I'm feelin dizzy very often. My eyes hurt, I can't focus properly anymore. Maybe the mixture of prozac and too much alcohol (guinness, irish whiskey) on Paddy's day was no good for me (although i wasn't pissed, just merry). It didn't say anything in the package sheet though. Or maybe it's just that my body takes revenge for the sleep deficit (I have a sleep problem, sometimes I wake up too early, the doc said it's the anxiety). Which affects the whole day/life of course (it's an endless circle, argh). Or maybe it's just me being a paranoid again. Well, I find out...I'm goin to see the doc this evening anyway.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #39
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

best of luck, hendrik, we're always here if you need to talk.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #40
jenn fox
Eskimo Regular

Good luck Hendrik, you'll get there, and we're here for you in the meantime. There's always an eskimo.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:03 AM   #41
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Thank you.

I dunno why, but I had another breakdown (cryin and stuff) yesterday again. It seems as if i have to let it out from time to time. As if all the **** needs to be released after a while. Although I enjoyed the two sessions with my counseler really much til now. She encouraged me and tells me how brave I am.

Bloody patience. The only enemy.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:12 AM   #42
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

I'll be in Hertfordshire, in the youth hostel in Cheshunt from upcoming Monday (4th) til Thursday. So if anyone is bored, you know what to do...

Me and my flatmates are going to see Bolton versus Villa on April 23th. I'm lookin forward to that.

My best wishes and love for all the eskimo friends.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #43
cille
creepycute

i think maybe such break-downs are part of growing up. especially for someone in your situation.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #44
Enoch
Eskimo Regular

Henny, dry your eyes and stop acting like a little girl !! Come to Scotland, drink whiskey, grow some balls and wear a skirt for fun! my little wienersnitzel!
Old 06-18-2005, 03:35 PM   #45
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Enoch, I AM a girl, didn't you know that?

Does anyone know where to buy flaxseed (oil) or spirulina/seaweeds? I'm just trying to get off my prozac pills and are lookin for a natural alternative...couldn't find it in Merry Hill (Asda etc.) though, grrr.

Oh, and counselling sessions are helpin, yeah, thank, errr buddha...

PS: Hey Libby, hope you is well.

Last edited by Hendrik; 06-18-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:42 AM   #46
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

hendrik-

first off don't go off your prozac without medication monitoring from your doctor that can be dangerous.. you have to decrease the dosage gradually so be careful with that

second i don't know where you get herbal remedies in the uk but usually most health food stores have them here. some that might be helpful for depression are valerian root, ginseng, damiana and especially st. john's wort. vitamin supplements (the b complex esp.) and minerals like postassium, calcium and iron may help also. there are other natural things you can try like this...

The following list includes the tools that are most commonly used to stay well and help relieve symptoms:
  1. Talk to a friend – many people find this to be really helpful
  2. Talk to a health care professional
  3. Peer counseling or exchange listening
  4. Focusing exercises
  5. Relaxation and stress reduction exercises
  6. Guided imagery
  7. Journaling – writing in a notebook
  8. Creative affirming activities
  9. Exercise
  10. Diet considerations
  11. Light through your eyes
  12. Extra rest
  13. Take time off from home or work responsibilities
  14. Hot packs or cold packs
  15. Take medications, vitamins, minerals, herbal supplements
  16. Attend a support group
  17. See your counselor
  18. Do something "normal" like washing your hair, shaving or going to work
  19. Get a medication check
  20. Get a second opinion
  21. Call a warm or hot line
  22. Surround yourself with people who are positive, affirming and loving
  23. Wear something that makes you feel good
  24. Look through old pictures, scrapbooks and photo albums
  25. Make a list of your accomplishments
  26. Spend ten minutes writing down everything good you can think of about yourself
  27. Do something that makes you laugh
  28. Do something special for someone else
  29. Get some little things done
  30. Repeat positive affirmations
  31. Focus on and appreciate what is happening right now
  32. Take a warm bath
  33. Listen to music, make music or sing
this is a list i found online but it includes most of the recommended coping methods (some of them are kind of 'stuart smalley' but still they work for a lot of people) basically do whatever comforts you and makes you feel better... which i hope you do soon
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:22 AM   #47
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
hendrik-

first off don't go off your prozac without medication monitoring from your doctor that can be dangerous.. you have to decrease the dosage gradually so be careful with that
But Sissy, don't you worry, everything has been already discussed with the doc. Today is the last day with a prozac pill (i started last week to take a pill only every second day, instead of every day, like the doc suggested). Yay.

And thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:24 AM   #48
cille
creepycute

so you didn't like being on them?
Old 06-21-2005, 09:28 AM   #49
Hendrik
Teddy Daniels

I did, darling, and it has helped a lot, but the side effects (like annoying sleep issues which affects your day as well) are gettin' on me tits. And there would've been a point in the future anyway where i would've asked myself when to stop. And summer is the best time, I think (hence the sun etc.). So I just gave it a go cos it felt right inside, too.

Gosh, I sound like I know a lot.