Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
This has got to die
Eskimo Friend

Default Dolphin killing PLEASE HELP. (Changed by Wheels)

http://www.bluemarlin3.com/info/info-dolphinkillers.php

As some of you know I am quite senstive to animal cruelty as it is, but this takes the biscuit really.

(Warning this isn't pleasant, but the Japs have no respect for an intelligent mammal)

*Video contains very distressing scenes. Please do not watch if you are easily upset by graphic, inhame acts performed on innocent creatures*
This has got to die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Would you mind toning down the blatant racism!

There's no reason why you have to state how "sick" a nationality is, when obviously (if there really is this problem) there's actually only a certain number of people part-taking in this.

I've not the time to watch this properly... I don't like the killing of any creature, but i think there may be a bit of hype about this particular... if it IS real. It could just be a next generation bonzai kitten thing.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:39 PM   #3
This has got to die
Eskimo Friend

Oh yeah blatent racism there sorry to offend you. :/ I think racism is the wrong word myself.

Actually I took it from another site that had the same heading although personaly I dont see any wrong with it.

Although hmmm I can see where your coming from its a bit like calling all germans sick because of WW2 etc so yeah can change the title go ahead.

Anyway you dont need to watch all of it. Just skip along its enough to see. Shame that you cant take two minutes to watch what is the truth but can waste your time accusing people of things that are quite simply not true.
This has got to die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
Nine
Inuit

I watched something like this once that really disturbed me, could you just tell me exactly what it contains images of, before I watch it?

Thanks.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:31 PM   #5
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
I watched something like this once that really disturbed me, could you just tell me exactly what it contains images of, before I watch it?

Thanks.
The worst bits are a dolphin being dragged allong the floor by a car, and dolphins being stabbed with knives and spasming and bleeding to death.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
Each year from October through March, in small towns across Japan, thousands of dolphins and small whales are confined and brutally killed. These slaughters take place in fishing towns including Taiji, Iki, Ito, Futo and Izu. During those months, Japanese fishermen herd whole families and pods of dolphins, porpoises and small whales into shallow bays and mercilessly hack them to death. Most of these small cetaceans are sold as meat in restaurants and stores, while some are destined for a life in captivity.

In addition to the small cetaceans being massacred on the beaches, Japan kills approximately 100,000 more marine mammals (primarily Dall’s porpoises and also dolphins) in its fishing industry. This killing must stop! Sea Shepherd has been in the forefront of fighting against the slaughter of dolphins, whales and all marine wildlife for over 25 years, and we are committed to ending the barbaric and senseless slaughters in Taiji and other villages in Japan.
From seashepherd.com a bit more information ^, still quite biased, but more detailed.

The slow deaths are the only things that really separate this from western intensive farming when you trully think about it. Is it just more sellable to acuse this country of atrocoties to "everyone's favouirite sea mammal"?
Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #7
PenguinBoy
Appreciative Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by This has got to die
Shame that you cant take two minutes to watch what is the truth but can waste your time accusing people of things that are quite simply not true.
I don't think it's a waste of my time state my offense, which has of quite allot importance! And I watched a bit of the video initially but didn't have time to watch it all. There's no reason why that has any effect on my right to state what i feel about your phrasing. After all how will anything ever progress if everyone spends their time pretending to to agree.

Obviously, anyone is going to have problems with being acused of racism, but still just rethink the way you say something please. It isn't "Sick Japs" but just people, like you or I. Even if it discusts you that people like you could do that.

I just watched the vid, it doesn't make any difference.

I wasn't trying to catch you out to accuse you of anything tragic... just that I found the phrasing somewhat unfair ... so that alone should be something to make you reconsider. And that's all i'll say about it.

About the video, It's rather emotive, and damn tragic, and something should be done about it.
Bear in mind, that from all the photography, the most shocking images will have been chosen.
I've been macrel fishing before, and they die exactly the same way just on a smaller scale. I was discusted, and i watched a little fish having it's head crushed, whilst others had fits of desperation like. But there's no social rebelian or cries of cruelty, i just let my line to the seabed and pretended to wait for a bite while everyone else was reeling them in.
Pigs are the next inteligent animals after dolphins, but they're slaughtered (maybe not as slowly as that PARTICULAR footage) on a far more widespread basis. Dolphins are just more humaised by tv (flipper).
I just think that this is made more horrifying because it's graphically infront of your eyes. I'd probably feel almost as discusted watching the worst footage available of a pig slaughtered, and sad music was played in the background.

I don't feel like i can trust that vid (as it is obvious campagning material) to judge the industry in how humane it is. (if you mean the word humane as a maximum speed, minimum pain... )

I feel rather hurt for the particular dolphins i just watched die, and it's all I can comment on.