Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2004, 11:20 PM   #1
shane_b
Eskimo Regular

here's just a little on what i think the album is about, anyone else add there's ?

Delicate - damo is with a girl (blowers daughter) and wants to keep the whole thing a secret because of it being ruined

Volcano - i'm going in with this one as volcano being the mother/power over the girl telling damo her daughter is not old enough for relationships and to stop dreaming

blowers daughter - he goes to explain it all to her that he can't stop thinking of her, but that they just can't have love, even though he wants it to be

canonball - damo's heart ache for this girl and the reflections

older chests - looking at life in a bigger picture that everyone suffers problems and all you need is time to get over things

amie - amie is french for friend, (and from one of the stories i've read) this friend is someone damo used to just go sit with and not really say anything, but she would allways make him feel better when he was down

cheers darlin - damo gets talkin to a girl in a bar and because he's looking for love again he's allready thinking of love/marriage, but then she starts talking about her fella and he just breaks down and questions her whole motive

cold water - feelings of depression, (cold water being life surrounding him and that he is in too deep) and the fact he still loves the blowers daughter (love ones daughter can youallow me that)

i remember - he just keeps goin round in circles like people do when they are in love, he looks back at the past, so he's is writing in the mind of this girl about him meeting her (possibly she spoke to him and said she still wants him, but it's forbidden love which inpisred him to write this) then he writes from his side out of anger thinking she is just using him to play mind games and that's it not love n that he wants to get rid of the feeling.

eskimo - he makes another attempt at forgetting her buy going to see his eiskmo friend (who aparently is someone in finland) and wants his help and advice

that's just my whole story of the album, prob wrong, but it's how i like to this of it
shane_b is offline   Reply With Quote