Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 05-23-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Topspin047
tennis pro

Default Movies/TV Shows that would be great for Damo

Today I was thinking about how Damien Rice's music can, at least for me, make any TV show or movie better. What songs fit perfectly for movies or shows?

I was thinking (yeah I know it's cheesy) but Titanic, 'Cold Water', it should have been in the movie. haha
Old 05-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #2
coreyb
eskiphotographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspin047
I was thinking (yeah I know it's cheesy) but Titanic, 'Cold Water', it should have been in the movie. haha
i'm never going to be able to take you seriously again
coreyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
Rai
Eskimontologist

I found some strange connection between Never Been in This Place Before and Le Science des rêves lately.

"If you find you've got a dragon charging at you at thirty miles per hour snapping its teeth you can always drive it defensively through the covers"
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I think it's OK when they use the songs 'wisely' like they did in House or Grey's anatomy or in the movie Closer... I mean, connecting the lyrics of the song with what's happening in the movie...

I think it's a bit of a sell-out to use it in something as commercial as Shrek 3 but that's my opinion. But not sure if that's Damien's decission or his management...

Thank god his songs weren't on Titanic!!!!!!
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
Segolene
Eskimo Friend

Well I have nothing against big green monsters but yeah I was disappointed by the utilisation of 9 crimes in Shrek III. But I ve really appreciated "delicate" in Lost although lost is as commercial as shrek is, so... I guess it's just that I can see Damien's music illustrate the feelings of the characters of a tv show or a movie but not that of a big green monster, it just doesn't make sense. (but once again no offence to Shrek! I totally respect his feelings!)
I heard Damien saying on the french TV that the decision of letting a song be used in a TV show or a movie was not his but the one of his manager.
Segolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #6
Topspin047
tennis pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyb
i'm never going to be able to take you seriously again

haha but it fits, you have to admit it. I guess it's either that or "We Both Go Down Together" by the decemberists!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
Samart
Nothing unusual...

Nanook, a documentary movie about an Eskimo. Guess I don't need to precise wich song of Damien should suit the best to this movie.

Last edited by Samart; 05-23-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Samart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
fersen
in Paris...

Default I don't understand

I heard Damien saying on the french TV that the decision of letting a song be used in a TV show or a movie was not his but the one of his manager.[/quote]

Yeah, when I heard Damien say that, I couldn't understand, and felt the first time Damien being unsincere, I was quite disapointed.
How can that be possible ? I'm sure it's not so hard for him to say to his manager "No, I don't want my songs to appear in this program/movie"...
I don't like his song appearing in american series. Damien songs are much more valuable. When will a firm use one of his songs for an add ? Will he then say, "It's not me who took the decision, it's my manager"...
fersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #9
Dreaming B
Accidental Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by fersen
I heard Damien saying on the french TV that the decision of letting a song be used in a TV show or a movie was not his but the one of his manager.
Quote:
Yeah, when I heard Damien say that, I couldn't understand, and felt the first time Damien being unsincere, I was quite disapointed.
How can that be possible ? I'm sure it's not so hard for him to say to his manager "No, I don't want my songs to appear in this program/movie"...
I don't like his song appearing in american series. Damien songs are much more valuable. When will a firm use one of his songs for an add ? Will he then say, "It's not me who took the decision, it's my manager"...
I for one, am kind of glad they use his music in television and movies (I don't know about Shrek because I haven't seen it). but I first became aware of Damien when they played "Delicate" on an episode of Alias in '04. I went out the next day and bought the CD. If I hadn't seen it on that show I don't know if I'd have ever found him. I know a few people who began listening to him after they saw Closer and I think the way it was used in Grey's Anatomy worked well for the show and the song...

Myspace
Dreaming B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #10
Topspin047
tennis pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming B
I for one, am kind of glad they use his music in television and movies (I don't know about Shrek because I haven't seen it). but I first became aware of Damien when they played "Delicate" on an episode of Alias in '04. I went out the next day and bought the CD. If I hadn't seen it on that show I don't know if I'd have ever found him. I know a few people who began listening to him after they saw Closer and I think the way it was used in Grey's Anatomy worked well for the show and the song...
Same here!! I made Alias mixes and put all the songs from the show on cds, and when I heard Delciate I was like WOW. So that's how I became a fan. Thank you J.J. Abrams (if you pickd it) for making me aware of Damo!