Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 05-23-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Sitting on this Stool
Lonely but never Alone

Default Anyone going to Ferrera and Firenze show?

Hello all. I'm new to the group and just bought tix for the Friday and Saturday show on the 27th and 28th in Italy. I will be coming from the Washington dc area and am looking to meet other Damien fans to hang with. I'm looking forward to returning to Italy and enjoying a live Damien concert. Hit me up if any of you want to meet up.
Sitting on this Stool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

first of all... very welcome
secondly, glo and myself are going to ferrara gig and marti is going to the three of them. so, we can meet in ferrara and then you can arrange something with marti to go to firenze
Old 05-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #3
Sitting on this Stool
Lonely but never Alone

Verenita...thank you for the warm welcome. Where are u flying into? Firenze? Airline tickets are so crazy expensive now. Hoping they come down soon. Must be the Olympics travel in Europe that is driving ticket prices.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #4
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

hi and welcome!

I already heard other people complaining about how airlines are charging more for transatlantic flights cos of the Olympics... but I assume it's mostly flights to the UK?

of you're coming from the US flying straight to Italy, I'd try the Venice or Milano airports... both kinda close to Ferrara, especially Venice

if you need help organizing things just let us know. Ferrara-Firenze is easy to do by train
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
mandarific
Eskimo Regular

I'm going to interject just to say how insanely jealous I am of those of you able to go pick up and go see Damo. We're stateside as well but with no passports....yet. Maybe need to get on that.
mandarific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #6
cmigliaccio
Eskimo Regular

Definitely considering the trip myself from NYC, but only if the plane tickets come down a bit... checked all the relevant airports and it's crazy expensive. But if they come down, I'm there. Been way too long (5 years!) since Damo's played a show in NYC.
cmigliaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #7
Sitting on this Stool
Lonely but never Alone

Well I've never had the pleasure of seeing Damo live and to motivate myself, I purchased the tickets to both Ferrara and Firenze shows. Now, it's just a matter of finding a reasonable flight to Italy.

Borneoman...I'll check out or flights to Venice again but believe it is around same price which is just ridiculous right now.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #8
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hey guys! i hope you all can make it
i don´t know much about flights, but when i bought my flight to italy, i checked both venice and verona, and this one was half price! have you guys tried with verona airport? i assume you have, but in case you haven´t, i´d say try it
Old 05-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #9
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^They mean airports with transatlantic flights from the US... Verona is just a tint tiny Ryanair airport... the only big airports in the north are Milano and Venice I'd say
Old 05-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #10
verenita
... trusty and true ...

as i said... i don´t know much
best of luck anyway guys!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I really think this Italian tour is a great opportunity from Damo fans from overseas to: (1) see Damo on tour for the first time in ages and (2) make a nice trip to visit Italy. That's what I'm saying to all my US friends, it's a great chance to combine music and culture. You get 4 Damo gigs in like 5 days plus all the gigs are very strategically placed so you can visit Venice and the north-east, Bologna, Firenze and Roma
Old 05-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #12
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

jealous button!

couldn't agree more and really wish we could but our summer is already jammed

we did though just manage to sneak in two head and the heart gigs in boston and then a few nights on new england beaches in late july
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #13
Sitting on this Stool
Lonely but never Alone

Okay, these plane tickets are not going down. It is still $1300 to fly to Italy from Washington, DC. I may miss out on damo. This sucks. I've already bought the tickets to the shows and don't know what to do with the now.

Any ideas anyone?