Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 11-05-2003, 12:07 PM   #1
october
Eskimo Regular

hello,

i suppose im only a recent damien rice fan, but in the last six months iv noticed people almost have an obsession with him, myself included now that im starting a tribute band, there is a very dense population offans in cobh, and if anyone wants to play in my tribut band tell me,
waiting at the window,wondering what to do,im outside looking up at you, you close the curtin and im feeling blue,i walk the gutter,this week has been an utter blunder,hope we have some fun nxt summer
october is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
My Revelate
Eskimo Friend

Hey October,

What do ya play and do ya sing.

Luv to jam some damo stuff some time with ya since Im not to far from ya.[img]smileys/smiley14.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2003, 12:31 PM   #3
*christopher*
Eskimo Friend

I'll support your trubute band give me a shout and I'll travel all the way to Ireland to play the same stage as you [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2003, 12:55 PM   #4
october
Eskimo Regular

well i play drums, the songs we (me and my guitarist/singer) play are: aime, cannonball, volcano, and we are working on the professor and lonelily, im willing to jam with anyone who can play an instrument,
waiting at the window,wondering what to do,im outside looking up at you, you close the curtin and im feeling blue,i walk the gutter,this week has been an utter blunder,hope we have some fun nxt summer
Old 11-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #5
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

..i would if i could. welcome october! [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]
tis_me_Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 05:12 PM   #6
ali*
eskimo drama queen

giv us a shout if ur playing anytime soon and my friends and i'll pop in to watch, unless its in a pub.....only 11 more months and ill be allowed in!

and if ur lookin 4 a female vocalist for any song.......
Old 11-05-2003, 05:46 PM   #7
october
Eskimo Regular

well iv until january to be legally allowed into pubs but iv become a regular in the pub i play in since i was 15, we practice almost every day, i think thursday is becoming our mainpractice day,i would be very interested in a female vocalist, so are ye in the cork area, im based in cobh,
Old 11-05-2003, 05:48 PM   #8
october
Eskimo Regular

oh you can check out my band pictures at http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/october_manifesto
Old 11-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #9
ali*
eskimo drama queen

fairly far, bandon, i dont sound exactly like lisa, but then again that wud pretty difficult rite?!
Old 11-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #10
october
Eskimo Regular

do you have expierence in bands, cause we played a gig with a girl who had an amazing voice and she froze on stage, it was infront of about 200 people, i suppose i would have too if my first gig was in front of that many people, bandon would be a long distance to travel for band practice, what we do with band members who cant make it to practice we give them the lyrics and guitar tabs and stuff and get them to learn them and we might only have 1 practice before a gig, if u want ill send u a cd of us,
Old 11-06-2003, 05:55 PM   #11
ali*
eskimo drama queen

u cud say i have experienceEdited by: ali*
Old 11-07-2003, 04:48 AM   #12
marina
Eskimo Regular

Welcome October, had a look at the pic's....class. Im from Limerick myself but let us know if ye've any gigs lined up, would love to hear ye. unfortunetly i haven't a note in my head!! [img]smileys/smiley12.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 08:27 AM   #13
october
Eskimo Regular

unfortunetly i have all the notes in my head but i just cant sing them,
Old 11-07-2003, 09:15 AM   #14
marina
Eskimo Regular

well i think id clear out any pub if i even tried singing im sooo bad [img]smileys/smiley12.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2003, 01:20 PM   #15
october
Eskimo Regular

iv often cleared out a room of people at a party trying to play guitar and singing, i only know bout 3 songs and about 5 chords,

i have added pictures to my page