Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 10-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
idiosynful
Eskimo Regular

Alright, everybody loves O. It's an awesome album, and you can't tire of it. Most of us agree that there isn't a weak spot in there. But, after listening to the songs over and over again, would you reorganise the album in anyway? Switch around a few songs? I would personally keep it the way it is...but I've considered what could be done...*shrug*

Personally I think the whole album (before the hidden tracks) should end off with Amie. But I really love the way Eskimo finishes it off unofficially as well. But if I had to reorganise the album here's how I'd do it.

1. Delicate (I can't move this one. It must be first, not because it's the best, but because...it just must be.)

2. The Blowers Daughter (See comment below)

3. Volcano (On the Live From Union Chapel album I absolutely loved hearing the Blowers Daughter before Volcano. This was a tough choice because Blowers Daughter Leads so well into Cannonball)

4. Older Chests (It's my favourite song but it's one of those...in the middle of the album songs. I also have a strange attachment to songs on track 4. =D)

5. Cheers Darlin'

6. Cold Water

7. I Remember (You can't break the previous three's orders. I'm sorry but the flow so well together and compensate for each other. It's awesome.

8. Cannonball (Eskimo and Cannonball are interchangeable, but they're definitely songs I'd want to finish off the album.)

9. Eskimo

10. Amie

(hidden tracks)

So...folks, how about you? C'mon...y'all...spit out those answers! =DEdited by: idiosynful
Old 10-04-2003, 11:25 PM   #2
tis_me_Tania
Eskimo Regular

ok.. think i got it =))

1. Delicate - great soft, melodic intro.

2. The Blowers Daughter - know what you mean idios.especially since i heard the union chapel gig first. so i got used to it like that.

3. Amie - TBD sudden finish blends in nicely with Amies first guitar chords.

4. Volcano - Amies long finish prepares you for it.

5. Older Chests - ionno.. fits nicely :>

6. Cheers Darlin'

6.5. Prague.. can i place it in here?

7. I remember - i think it would go well after Prague. I remember all that very well..

8. Cold Water - nice and slow again. to calm us down after that intense ending

9. Cannonball - after the chanting, the guitar beginning is just beautiful

10. Eskimo - eh..used to it at the end :/

and Silent Night as a hidden.

tis_me_Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
Aisling
Mel is so hot right now

i wouldn't change it for the world esp eskimo at the end.in factit's such a good end song every compilation cd i make i always put that on at the end if i put it on. it really closes off the cd perfectly. a huge dramatic climax at the end-there's no way i'll allow you to change that. or the rest of them for that matter!!
Old 10-05-2003, 03:44 PM   #4
idiosynful
Eskimo Regular

*splatters white out on the screen* Who, me? Change...I didn't...do nothing! I swear...=D