Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
yummyintummy32
Eskimo Friend

Default Cigarettes

It's clear that both Damien and Lisa smoke. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what brand they smoke?
yummyintummy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummyintummy32
It's clear that both Damien and Lisa smoke. Out of curiosity, does anyone know what brand they smoke?
Either Lisa isn't really that heavy of a smoker or else she quit (although someone here just sang w/ her in a Boston 7-11 and I think they said she was buying a pack then) because I hung out talking with both of them for well over an hour while they were drinking and she never pulled one out. Damo, on the other hand, rolls his own.

Last edited by Spamlet; 01-14-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:27 AM   #3
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

yeah he rolls his own, when i was watching the electronic press kit i was trying to figure out which brand of tobacco he rolls with (lisa was dipping into it in the video) it's always a green pouch so it might be three castles (or menthol of some sort.. eww menthol)

i tried a pouch of american spirit recently. damien would like it, no additives and they even have an organically grown brand. that's right - organic tobacco
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
cille
creepycute

I'm not sure, but this could be their preferred brand:

Dunno if they're organic or not.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #5
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterMidnight
yeah he rolls his own, when i was watching the electronic press kit i was trying to figure out which brand of tobacco he rolls with (lisa was dipping into it in the video) it's always a green pouch so it might be three castles (or menthol of some sort.. eww menthol)
I had the perfect opportunity to see that, I was standing right there holding his wine glass for him while he rolled, but didn't think to notice because we were too into our discussion. Highly doubt that they'd be menthols.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:07 AM   #6
cille
creepycute

What wine was it; Chianti? Bordeaux? Californian?

You gotta pay attention to details like this, Doug!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Could be Golden virginia tobacco. i used to smoke them in rollies and it was the first green pouch that came to mind.

smoking is only for cool people by the way. its an exclusive club and the health benefits are incredible

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
cille
creepycute

yeah if i was stupid enough to still be smoking i'd prolly be smoking that stuff too.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
What wine was it; Chianti? Bordeaux? Californian?

You gotta pay attention to details like this, Doug!
Erm...well I know it was Red.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #10
robmcgrail
Lord of Lovely

who cares? serioulsy, wanting to know what brand they smoke is verging on a very unhealthy obbsession. This has got to stop.
robmcgrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:20 PM   #11
Calum
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet
Erm...well I know it was Red.
Hmm, i prefer white wine.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmcgrail
who cares? serioulsy, wanting to know what brand they smoke is verging on a very unhealthy obbsession. This has got to stop.
my point exactly
Old 01-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #13
all dressed up
Eskimo Baby

I remember a picture from my old computer that i had as my background, it was damien and lisa stood in front of some huge bushes and damien had a packet of golden virginia in his hand, and lisa was just smiling. can anyone find this picture, i loved it?
all dressed up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
purebloom
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
This has got to lie down.
purebloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #15
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
And you wanted us to share our rarest songs with an ungrateful, judgemental dilletante like you? Give it a rest already, tourist!

Damo's subject matter indicates he's quite intimate with obsession so naturally some of his fans are going to share that trait and I see nothing unhealthy about our brand of it. No one's getting hurt. Everybody has something they're compulsively fascinated by.

When Damo's not just an artist but the artist who is part of your everyday experience you get bored talking about the same three topics all the time. Besides, we're just having some fun anyway.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #16
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by all dressed up
I remember a picture from my old computer that i had as my background, it was damien and lisa stood in front of some huge bushes and damien had a packet of golden virginia in his hand, and lisa was just smiling. can anyone find this picture, i loved it?
is this it? -

i thought the pic was bigger. i think this is resized for the old website

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #17
all dressed up
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate
is this it? -

i thought the pic was bigger. i think this is resized for the old website
no, its similar, looks like the same 'shoot' but like you said its bigger, and he wasnt actually smoking. and the background behind them was bigger.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #18
cille
creepycute

Quote:
And you wanted us to share our rarest songs with an ungrateful, judgemental dilletante like you? Give it a rest already, tourist!

Damo's subject matter indicates he's quite intimate with obsession so naturally some of his fans are going to share that trait and I see nothing unhealthy about our brand of it. No one's getting hurt. Everybody has something they're compulsively fascinated by.

When Damo's not just an artist but the artist who is part of your everyday experience you get bored talking about the same three topics all the time. Besides, we're just having some fun anyway.
aw come on, when we start to discuss what brand of cigarettes damien smokes, it's seriously time to leave the computer and go out there and worry about something more essential. I'm not judging anyone for raising the question or anything, after all I'm posting in this thread, aint I. Am just finding it realllly hard to take a thread like this seriously, cause I'm not here for stuff like that. I'm here for the music, the Patchwork shirt and general sillyness.

Last edited by cille; 01-12-2007 at 09:22 PM.
cille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #19
Nine
Inuit

paaatttchhhwork

its been far too long since that's been mentioned. 'Least where I've been lookin'

hooray for squares of colour
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #20
cille
creepycute

Heh, "Squares of Colour". Sounds like some sort of album title
Old 01-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #21
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Gotta side with Cille on this one. Spamlet, there was no need to come off so elitist.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #22
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
aw come on, when we start to discuss what brand of cigarettes damien smokes, it's seriously time to leave the computer and go out there and worry about something more essential. I'm not judging anyone for raising the question or anything, after all I'm posting in this thread, aint I. Am just finding it realllly hard to take a thread like this seriously, cause I'm not here for stuff like that. I'm here for the music, the Patchwork shirt and general sillyness.
cille, this is general silliness, as spamlet said we're just having some fun.. i believe he was responding to robmcgrail's negativity here and in other threads, which you're just feeding into.. if you're not here for stuff like this then why are you posting? just sharin the love?

and as far as worrying about something more essential, i get enough of that thank you. personally i "go out there" all the time, and i come here to unwind and try to forget for five minutes about the essential things that i constantly have to worry about, and hopefully enjoy a nice conversation without someone injecting their negativity into it, because i get enough of that "out there" too..

congrats on your 11,000th post btw
Old 01-13-2007, 02:36 PM   #23
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by all dressed up

golden virginia?
Old 01-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #24
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

I thought he didn't do photoshoots?

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:21 PM   #25
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

no, he does. that one was taken by robbie fry i think, who had done most of the photo shoots that used to be up on the official site
Old 01-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #26
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

wow, this thread turned pretty harsh. Spamlet, you sound like me getting all defensive
Anyways, love that picture, I love the way Lisa is just syanding there looking all pretty.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:31 PM   #27
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

golden virginia?
Just an inane thought~do you think its possible he wears a jacket so much to appear bigger? Have any of you noticed he looks quite different in size with a jacket on than with one off?

he could just be chronically cold....

Old 01-13-2007, 09:26 PM   #28
all dressed up
Eskimo Baby

Quote:

golden virginia?

yeah thatwas the one i meant!!
thanks!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:40 PM   #29
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

dilletante=my favorite word of all time haha

Old 01-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #30
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
Am just finding it realllly hard to take a thread like this seriously, cause I'm not here for stuff like that. I'm here for the music, the Patchwork shirt and general sillyness.
Apparently, you missed my last line. None of us were being all that serious about it,afaict. Personally, like I said, if I'd really been obsessed about this I'd have noticed while I was standing two feet away watching him roll. You may have guessed I'm not a smoker. Rolling tobacco seems far less objectionable for me. I even smoked some apple-blended stuff from a hookah once with some Indian pals. Just a much less harsh experience somehow (I've had to smoke onstage for different roles: unfiltered Lucky Strikes were a fate even my smoker friends cringed at, nowadays I insist on the herbals onstage).

Last edited by Spamlet; 01-14-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote