Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Default You could be the lucky winner...

...of your very own Damien Rice pillowcase!!!!!

Now, let me just say this, I'm sure whoever made this is a very nice person. However, I'm pretty sure this the most embarrasing thing I have yet to see regarding Damien obsession.
Sure, I think Damien's a pretty attractive male, but I think my days of having my dream man on my pillowcase are pretty much ov---, oh wait, I never had any of those days.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Damien-Rice-Pill...QQcmdZViewItem

This is really beyond tragic.

http://thatgirlwiththefreckles.blogspot.com/
LaurenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM   #2
Shahar
Cheers Darling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenBledsoe

Now, let me just say this, I'm sure whoever made this is a very nice person. However, I'm pretty sure this the most embarrasing thing I have yet to see regarding Damien obsession.
Sure, I think Damien's a pretty attractive male, but I think my days of having my dream man on my pillowcase are pretty much ov---, oh wait, I never had any of those days.

Yes but if you get this pillow everybody will say "hey! she have pillowcase of Damien Rice" and then they'll (when I say they I mean for me too) worship you.
Shahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #3
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:

You know, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but doesn't this picture of Damien from the side view kinda remind you of the cover of The Passion of the Christ DVD? Except here, Damien isn't wearing a crown of thorns with blood running down his face. But you know, I wouldn't go so far as to compare Damien with Jesus. I just don't think that would be fair to Jesus...

By the way Lauren, you're quite the photogenic type aren't you? Too bad I'm not really into blondes though. Thanks for creating this thread, and thanks for giving us something else to talk about rather than Kate Hudson.

Take care of yourself. Peace.

Last edited by Valentino; 01-18-2007 at 06:52 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
Dangana
Eskimo Friend

Awww...whoever is selling the pillowcase is from where I live. I must find them....I would really buy it but I won't let my friends see it coz they already make fun of how obsessed I am with Damien. heeheheh
Dangana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #5
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

I like how Lauren makes a thread discussing how over the top making a pillow of damo is (I agree) and everyone starts talking about how much they want it haha.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
Sniffer
Eskimo Regular

I'm not impressed with the 93.1% Ebay feedback.
Bet that pillowcase is stuffed with something environmentally unfriendly like nuclear waste or rats.
Or nuclear charged rats.
Sniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #7
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Yeah, Val! Don't compare Damo to Jesus! Listen to "Cross-Eyed Bear" for why...

That said, I do love this pin and really wish I had one.

Now, this may surprise some of you young'uns but they've been making pillowcases with heart-throbs' faces on them for decades. At least this one isn't a straight on shot intended for planting your smooches on. Pretty common thing actually on ebay type sites. I even remember about 10 years ago seeing a G.O. one on there.

Besides which; it could be much, much worse

Last edited by Spamlet; 01-18-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Spamlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
cille
creepycute

Kinda freaky; I don't think I could fall asleep on that pillow from fear that he might do something terrible with my neck while I sleep.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 AM   #9
sahika
Eskimo Regular

^I agree with that, the idea is so horrible!

he can be also the man of my dreams, but this is such a silly thing! damien rice is not a handsome(!)stupid pop star who needs to make money with these kind of things, you can have posters of him, or pictures on your pc, stickers, whatever but come on, not a pillowcase for little girls..
Old 01-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #10
GoodCatGoneBad
Chicago Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamlet

Now, this may surprise some of you young'uns but they've been making pillowcases with heart-throbs' faces on them for decades. At least this one isn't a straight on shot intended for planting your smooches on. Pretty common thing actually on ebay type sites. I even remember about 10 years ago seeing a G.O. one on there.
I have a confession to make. I had a "Joey" from "News Kids on the Block" pillow case when I was a kid.

Please forgive me all
GoodCatGoneBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 PM   #11
katiejoey
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodCatGoneBad
I have a confession to make. I had a "Joey" from "News Kids on the Block" pillow case when I was a kid.

Please forgive me all
That is so funny because the whole time i was reading this i was thinking about my new kids pillow case. then again, i was like, 9 or so. my daughter has the rugrats on her pillow case
Old 01-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #12
Mr Benn.
Eskimo Regular

My friend has an elvis pillow case which is probably wierder because the idea would be to make you think you'd woken up beside them which, if it was elvis, would be fairly scary.

Does anyone here watch without a trace? if you do, do you not think that fitzgerald or whatever his name is really looks like damien. There was an episode where he was supposed to be recovering from drug addiction and he hadn't shaved and it was quite scarily like Damien.
Should I wipe up the stain?
And if I'm low
Can I drown in this rain?
I guess I'm no good
I guess I'm insane
Mr Benn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #13
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino
You know, I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but doesn't this picture of Damien from the side view kinda remind you of the cover of The Passion of the Christ DVD? Except here, Damien isn't wearing a crown of thorns with blood running down his face. But you know, I wouldn't go so far as to compare Damien with Jesus. I just don't think that would be fair to Jesus...

By the way Lauren, you're quite the photogenic type aren't you? Too bad I'm not really into blondes though. Thanks for creating this thread, and thanks for giving us something else to talk about rather than Kate Hudson.

Take care of yourself. Peace.
If only I was your type...

Old 01-19-2007, 02:59 AM   #14
DRQuebec
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
If only I was your type...

Man An Ocean
DRQuebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:20 AM   #15
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Benn.
My friend has an elvis pillow case which is probably wierder because the idea would be to make you think you'd woken up beside them which, if it was elvis, would be fairly scary.

Does anyone here watch without a trace? if you do, do you not think that fitzgerald or whatever his name is really looks like damien. There was an episode where he was supposed to be recovering from drug addiction and he hadn't shaved and it was quite scarily like Damien.
I actually haven't checked this show out but I will look up that Fitzgerald character just to compare him with Damo. But you know, I've been reading several posts in this forum talking about Damien look-alikes and none of them even went on to mention how similar Sean Patrick Flannery (Powder, The Boondock Saints) actually looks like Damien. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, has anyone here seen the movie "Little Miss Sunshine?" At first, I thought it was gonna be retarded but it's actually really good. Call up Blockbuster or whoever and try and watch this with some loved ones. Later.

Last edited by Valentino; 01-19-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:07 AM   #16
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

I will back you up on that movie suggestion... it is indeed a very delightful film.

Valentino... what do you have against blondes? Couldn't you make an exception for her? Look at her, she's heartbroken. I for one am in tears at the thought!

New Kids On The Block... now there's a "band" that "rocked".

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 06:55 AM   #17
liswyn
Eskimo Regular

New Kids On The Block... not surprising. Once my friend's cousin had four pillowcases, each with one member of Blue stencilled on it.

But I never imagined Damien... I mean those things are usually for boyband fans!
liswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #18
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by liswyn
New Kids On The Block... not surprising. Once my friend's cousin had four pillowcases, each with one member of Blue stencilled on it.
oh dear.... I had a blue thing too back in the day... oh the shame.
It wasn't even long ago - that's the scariest part.
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #19
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

Quote:
I actually haven't checked this show out but I will look up that Fitzgerald character just to compare him with Damo. But you know, I've been reading several posts in this forum talking about Damien look-alikes and none of them even went on to mention how similar Sean Patrick Flannery (Powder, The Boondock Saints) actually looks like Damien. Google it and you'll see what I mean.

By the way, has anyone here seen the movie "Little Miss Sunshine?" At first, I thought it was gonna be retarded but it's actually really good. Call up Blockbuster or whoever and try and watch this with some loved ones. Later.
I don't agree that Flanery looks much like him but even so he's really tall and built probably why no one'd ever thought to compare them.

LMS was definitely good but I had the opposite reaction: I was a bit disappointed following all the best of the year hype it received this summer.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:37 PM   #20
Amie R.
Eskimo Regular

The pillowcase was too much for me...
Old 01-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #21
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13086
I will back you up on that movie suggestion... it is indeed a very delightful film.

Valentino... what do you have against blondes? Couldn't you make an exception for her? Look at her, she's heartbroken. I for one am in tears at the thought!
seriously, can't you just make an exception this one time?

I think I'm going to go listen to some Cheers Darlin' and cry myself to sleep...

...ive got years to wait around for you...my is now

Last edited by LaurenBledsoe; 01-19-2007 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:10 PM   #22
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

Quote:
seriously, can't you just make an exception this one time?

I think I'm going to go listen to some Cheers Darlin' and cry myself to sleep...

...ive got years to wait around for you...my is now
Look what you did Valentino. Guess I'll have to be the shoulder to cry on

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 05:29 PM   #23
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

You know, this has turned into quite an interesting thread. By the way, I have nothing 'against' blondes, that would just be ridiculous. But no worries, I saw the humor in your post Mickey. I'm definitely an avid admirer of the female persona and would be an absolute fool to completely rule someone out because of their hair color. But I have done this in the past, yet my mind is always changing so who knows how long that'll last .

But anyways, Lauren...I remember visiting your myspace a while back and absolutely fell in love with the words, "When you think you've sinned, do you fall upon your knees?" However, these words alone mean nothing. But when placed under your picture, I must admit that it brought about a whole new meaning to them. Now I'm definitely not the religious type, but are you implying that perhaps...angels are victim to sin? Truly remarkable, keep it up.

Take care.

Last edited by Valentino; 01-19-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #24
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Question

By the way, I just thought of something else. I was wondering, is anyone here into Bach? I've just recently been turned on to him and I can't get his songs outta my head! And yes, I'm talking about J.S. Bach, not Sebastian . Anyway, just wondering if any of you have some sheet music for him cuz I'm in the process of learning a few of his songs as well. Thanks.

Oh and another thing, I can't believe I forgot about this but a few days ago, I found a kitten in our garage. Yeah, it's so cute but the thing is, we already have five cats and another one would be completely out of the question. I've called our local animal shelter but they have to yet to return my calls. Any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #25
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
You know, this has turned into quite an interesting thread. By the way, I have nothing 'against' blondes, that would just be ridiculous. But no worries, I saw the humor in your post Mickey. I'm definitely an avid admirer of the female persona and would be an absolute fool to completely rule someone out because of their hair color. But I have done this in the past, yet my mind is always changing so who knows how long that'll last .

But anyways, Lauren...I remember visiting your myspace a while back and absolutely fell in love with the words, "When you think you've sinned, do you fall upon your knees?" However, these words alone mean nothing. But when placed under your picture, I must admit that it brought about a whole new meaning to them. Now I'm definitely not the religious type, but are you implying that perhaps...angels are victim to sin? Truly remarkable, keep it up.

Take care.
I honestly don't see what you mean by angels are victim to sin, but it actually refers to having extremely religious parents. I don't really have very much intellectual freedom, as I live at home, and my entire existence is governed by religion. It takes a lot out of me. The despair in my expression reflects how that particular aspect of my life has affected me.

I absolutely adore Bach. My favorite is his Sonata in F Major, no. 22. Absolutely brilliant. If I had to pick one piece of music that could match my life experiences, it would be that one. The way the piano and violin are so beautifully combined, and the emotion which they convey, the way it ebbs and flows, sometimes fast, sometimes soft... I could go on forever!

Last edited by LaurenBledsoe; 01-20-2007 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:25 AM   #26
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Quote:
I honestly don't see what you mean by angels are victim to sin, but it actually refers to how having extremely religious parents. I don't really have very much intellectual freedom, as I live at home, and my entire existence is governed by religion. It takes a lot out of me. The despair in my expression reflects how that particular aspect of my life has affected me.
Funny thing, that's exactly what I meant. You see, in your picture, you look very innocent and confused...as if something is on your mind but you can't bare the consequences of letting it out. There's also a slight look of rebellion in your eyes and it's very captivating. I don't know...for some reason, I honestly believe that's your best pic. You should treat whoever took that photograph of you and take them to dinner this weekend.

But yeah, I understand where your comin' from with the whole "religious parents" thing. Are you Christian by the way? I just have a strange feeling that you are, but I could be completely wrong. Anyways, I'm not gonna finish this post by going into all the absurdities of the Christendom (I have far better things to do with my time). However, you seem to be very interested in breaking free of the chains that hold you down and I assure you that this will be a very informing part of your life. Embrace your sins, whatever they may be...and never forget the fact that you are human, and of the flesh that has needs. Take care of yourself love.

P.S.- I almost forgot, but do you have any idea where I can actually listen to that Bach piece you were describing?
Old 01-20-2007, 04:44 AM   #27
DRQuebec
Eskimo Regular

Some singer here says "les religions qui promettent le bonheur après la mort en faisant tout pour scraper celui avant" which means
"the religions, that promise happiness after death while doing everything to break the one before".

My motto is, if God loves you, he wouldn't put you on earth in the middle of so many wonders and ask you to use none of them. That's non-sense.

But we're not gonna enter a religous discussion are we? Excuse me.

Man An Ocean
DRQuebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #28
LaurenM
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Funny thing, that's exactly what I meant. You see, in your picture, you look very innocent and confused...as if something is on your mind but you can't bare the consequences of letting it out. There's also a slight look of rebellion in your eyes and it's very captivating. I don't know...for some reason, I honestly believe that's your best pic. You should treat whoever took that photograph of you and take them to dinner this weekend.

But yeah, I understand where your comin' from with the whole "religious parents" thing. Are you Christian by the way? I just have a strange feeling that you are, but I could be completely wrong. Anyways, I'm not gonna finish this post by going into all the absurdities of the Christendom (I have far better things to do with my time). However, you seem to be very interested in breaking free of the chains that hold you down and I assure you that this will be a very informing part of your life. Embrace your sins, whatever they may be...and never forget the fact that you are human, and of the flesh that has needs. Take care of yourself love.

P.S.- I almost forgot, but do you have any idea where I can actually listen to that Bach piece you were describing?
"You see, in your picture, you look very innocent and confused...as if something is on your mind but you can't bare the consequences of letting it out. There's also a slight look of rebellion in your eyes and it's very captivating" --I honestly could not have put it better myself. That is where I am in my life right now, and I find it so beautiful that you could express it more clearly then I could ever begin to. I just added some new pics and one in particular I think you'll appreciate. Let me know what you think. www.myspace.com/johanneskensington

The man that took that picture is indeed one of the best photographers I've ever worked with. I've done a little modelling, and he is really talented. He doesn't just shout "give me sexy/sad/happy/etc" like some do. Really a great guy who understands how to capture raw emotion.

I uploaded the sonata to sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/nd7ber

My parents are very strict Christians. I don't want to name the particular sect, as to avoid offending anyone, and I don't feel it is right to portray the sect to others through the actions of my parents. I am Christian myself, or at least I want to be. I try to be. Probably not as much as I could, but I do want to be. I think that Western culture is what drives this desire in me, however. I'm not quite sure if it is a divine or an innate desire. I think the dominant theory, where I live, that you cannot be saved except by Christ, has almost been ground so deeply into me that I am intensely scared for my salvation, lest I fall away from Christ. I think that this is probably true wherever you live. If there is a dominant religion that has been taught to you since birth by friends and family alike, you may choose to abandon it because of your own beliefs, or lack thereof, but there will always be a small part of you, conscious or sub-conscious, that fears for your salvation because of the how frightfully brain washed you were. Living in a Judeo-Christian society, I think it is a small miracle when someone can entirely disbelieve, if it is even possible.

Sorry for the tangent.

Last edited by LaurenBledsoe; 01-20-2007 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #29
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Arrow And to think, all this started with a pillowcase...

Thanks for the Bach file, even though it was composed by Beethoven . No worries, it’s a mistake I’m sure we’ve all made. Ok nevermind, that was all on you. But yeah, I guess it worked out cuz Beethoven’s my favorite classical composer so with that said, ‘Thank you Lauren.’

In regards to your emotions concerning that of Christendom, I totally agree about that whole bit about being force-fed something all your life and how the bad taste in your mouth is no longer apparent. And don’t apologize for going off on tangents, there’s no need to refrain from ever saying anything interesting. And by the way, that whole bit on ‘salvation through Christ’ is a very interesting subject in itself. I’m sure if you even knew how the Bible was put together you’d be quite shocked…

And who really cares about salvation anyway? Think about it, people know way more about fear, control, manipulation, sin, lust, adultery, the devil himself than they know about love, compassion, sympathy, honor, and the world as a whole. Where do you see salvation fitting in with such a comprehensive list? And trust me, I know that the above statement is a generalization. The point is, however, even angels are prone to sin, and “salvation” comes only in the thoughts and manipulations of those who have hidden agendas. Individuals who speak of being ‘born-again’ through Christ when your dollar is what’s really important. Those who tell you that becoming a “freedom fighter” and crashing into the World Trade Center will earn you a spot in heaven with 77 virgins. By the way, if you get a chance, I would highly recommend reading Skepticism Inc. by Bo Fowler. It’s an absolutely amazing read and no religion is safe from its satirical scrutiny. And just for the record, this is the first book I’ve ever read where I’ve actually laughed out loud! Google it.

Now I know that several of you will be disheartened by what I’ve said and what I’ll continue to say. However, that doesn't matter because the truth is, Christianity is not the only religion that falls short. We need to stop worrying about what happens in the afterlife, salvation and all that nonsense. The world we live in is absolutely amazing and it’d be much better used if we embraced the beauty in the present rather than conjuring up myths about the future.

As for me, I’m quite spent with the above paragraphs and am late for a rendezvous with a special someone…Good-night.

Last edited by Valentino; 01-20-2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #30
SilentNight
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
However, you seem to be very interested in breaking free of the chains that hold you down and I assure you that this will be a very informing part of your life. Embrace your sins, whatever they may be...and never forget the fact that you are human, and of the flesh that has needs. Take care of yourself love.

oh oh oh, who's talking here? the beautiful fallen star?
this guy embraced his sin very well:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2809025

Last edited by SilentNight; 01-20-2007 at 03:27 PM.
SilentNight is offline   Reply With Quote