Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 AM   #331
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
Canton-Rainier, the name on the side of Ben's van, is an anagram for Reincarnation.
if they introduce reincarnation into the plot now my head will explode, that and time travel are two of my favorite themes

what a trip when desmond showed up at the exact same time as ben, sun and jack! the thing that sticks in my head is what did charlotte mean by she remembered seeing daniel as a crazy man when she was a child telling her never to go back to the island.. it was like she JUST remembered it like desmond did after daniel pounded on the door of the hatch to tell him to go find his mother. maybe faraday discovered that the whole thing ends in disaster and is trying to warn them now never to go back.. from the future..
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 PM   #332
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

^sounds quite possible

I absolutely loved the last episode
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #333
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

just watched it!! so confusing (again)...

one q, so now that Locke moved the wheel.. the island will stop shifting or do the 6 need to come back for that????????????

I didn't want Charlotte to die though weird what she said about remembering Daniel from the past!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #334
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

it was an awwwesome episode! the next one looks like it will be good too and will answer some stuff... and confuse us even more i'm sure....

I'm very intrigued to know what Daniel's connection to the island is......

^ i think the others ave to come back in order to stop the island from shifting in time.... that's the whole point of Locke going off the island and 'convincing' them to come back...

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #335
Tommy
Chilly Eskimo

I'm just posting this to show how enthusiatic I am about LOST this season.

AGRHJSKDJTHFKEKGJKEKFMSELFJN;LABBNJBABJNBANJBANJBJ BJN1!!!111JNMENK!¬!!!!1

Its ****ing amazing
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #336
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #337
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

"Daniel, I think that man was you."

How awesome (albeit predictable) was that?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #338
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

So did anybody watch lost? It was an awesome episode, one of the best of the season.

One of my biggest questions is what happened to Ben?? my theory is Desmond. Only because my brother pointed out that he was in a dock and Ben had 'promised' (i think he s aid he was making good with a romise he made to a friend) Widmore that he would find his daughter and kill her... but i don't know.

Also, i re-watched the last episode and now i keep wondering whether Jin being rescued / meeting Rousseau was something that messed with the past and wasn't supposed to happen or if somehow by the time the losties crashed in the island that had already happened? I cannot remember if Rousseau had a special reaction (An 'i already know you' reaction) when she met Jin after the crash..... ???

Oh and did anybody realize that the airline the oceanic 6 where flying in is the same airline whose water bottles were all over the island during one of those crazy time travel periods of the island! crazzzy!!

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
Old 02-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #339
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

^yup. my guess is that when Locke fixed that wheel thing they got stuck in the 70s and that's why Jin had that dharma outfit. at first, when the suv came, I thought it was Ben's dad LOL
as for Ben, I think it might be sayid who beat him up, but dunno.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:02 PM   #340
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

I was kind of thinking that it was Penny who beat Ben up, she seems like the type who could defend herself pretty well, she wouldn't have gone down easily when he went to kill her. Or perhaps it was Desmond. I guess he will have to sail back to the island, since that is how he got there the first time. Will he sail there with his son? I'm sure he wouldn't leave him with Grandaddy Widmore.

Where is Aaron??? Will he & Kate be reunited? Will he be given back to Claire? It breaks my heart that they took him away from Kate.
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #341
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran View Post
Oh and did anybody realize that the airline the oceanic 6 where flying in is the same airline whose water bottles were all over the island during one of those crazy time travel periods of the island! crazzzy!!

Ajira Airways? Yeah, good catch.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Walter yet. If they need to recreate the original flight situation Walter simply must be among the passengers. I mean, if they have a substitute for a dead person (Locke for Jack's dad) how come they've neglected an original, still living, passenger? Is this a plot hole, sloppy writing, or something else?

Also, Hugo's guitar case; is that supposed to stand in for Charlie?
Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM   #342
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

^the guitar case, I thought so, yeah

and walt, I totally forgot!!!

what about that weird guy that was also in the flight? the one that told Jack "I'm sorry for your loss" seems like a new character is developing
Old 02-22-2009, 04:25 PM   #343
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^^ Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Maybe since he wasn't in the vicinity of the island when it got moved, it won't matter that he's not going back? Was he in the middle section of the Oceanic flight? I know that all the survivors from the first episode where supposedly from the mid section, but if he was sitting at the beginning of the tail end or the back of the front end, he could have still ended up with the mid section survivors. If that is the case, maybe he is sitting there on the plane and we just don't know it yet? I could see Ben wanting to hide Walt from the others, because they might put up a fight if they knew he was bringing a kid back there.
That's all very unlikely I know, but I am just dying to know more about Walt and want him back on the show! They can't show us a kid with special abilities and then just drop him - there's got to be more to him.

Eva, maybe that new guy is going to be Walt's proxy? I mean, if Locke can substitute for Jack's dad and a guitar case can substitute for Charlie, then maybe someone else can sub for Walt?

Last edited by bearbait; 02-22-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #344
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

why is there a substitute for Jacks father at all? If he is/ was dead, his body has not left the island. Don't know about the guitar case being Charlie, 'cause then they'd have to substitute every other passenger that had died on the island since the crash....unless Hugo's 78 other seats were for them.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #345
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

i think the idea was to get the situation to be as close to the original as possible. So if Hugo had Charlie's guitar case i assume it would only help them recreate the day of the crash a bit more in order to have more odds on their side....

Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 AM   #346
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Last night = best episode this whole season!!! I don't even know where to start with the questions!!

I'll begin by saying - Walt!! Walt!! Walt!! my goodness, it was so great to see him again. i wonder how they are going to tie him into the story again... well assuming they plan to bring him back into the story.
I am also sooo glad Locke is alive again in the island, he seems so calm and at peace.

I am hating Ben more than i used to!!! and does he really believe that he killed Locke for good. That he will never come back to life?? He seriously gets on my nerves! (but then again i am veery partial to Locke and everything he does... )
Also, i don' think he really knew about Eloise Hawkin, he just said that....

And is Widmore the good guy now? i wonder what the war thing is about.

So, i'm guessing Sun is the woman that left in one of the rafts with the pilot, right? thought if that is so, i wonder why is it that she didn't just disappear into the 'light' ... ?

Also where's Sayid?? we haven't seen him in the island yet....

so many questions...

Old 02-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #347
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^ I agree, I think there is a lot of stuff Ben doesn't know . . . how irritating for him, to know that he is so much out of the loop. In past episodes, I thought that Ben believed Locke would come back to life on the island (I can't remember exactly why, it was just the impression I got for some reason) but now I don't think he did. I felt so bad for Locke, believing something so strongly and not being able to convince the others.

I too was excited to see Walt.

I wouldn't think that Sun would leave the island with the pilot, unless she thought that Jin would be on the other island and they went there to look for him.

In the preview for next week, Sawyer said something about "can you get over someobody in __ years". Did he say 3 years? Hubby and I thought he said something like 1 1/2 years. Does anybody remember? Are they all going to be stuck in the 70's?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 AM   #348
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

anyone watched this week yet????????????????

Amazing epi!!!!!!!!! loved it!!!! The bit near the end when Sawyer talks about not remembering Kate's face anymore after 3 years... and then Jin calls
Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 AM   #349
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

I hate the idea of Sawyer and Kate getting back together. Don't remember ever being happier about a tv show moment than seing that lush breakfast Juliet was preparing for Sawyer. They've both been unhappy for so long and deserve the happiness and love they've found in each other. Kate had made her choice and she left (didn't even care enough to come back to the island in the first place). She doesn't deserve Sawyer.

I was most excited about little girl Charlotte, though! Like I said a few weeks ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
"Daniel, I think that man was you."

How awesome (albeit predictable) was that?
Old 03-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #350
cille
creepycute

What's happened to this show??? I guess it's because Goddard has left the team or something... What's up with those '3 years earlier', type teksts on the screen - they never used to do those, that was kind of the concept for us to find out where and when we were... And that episode a couple of weeks ago with Daniel's mom and where some of them returned to the Island - that was like the crappiest Lost episode I've ever seen, it seemed more like a Dr. Who show or something! Argh, I am still watching this show, but I feel like I'm watching Lost for dummies and not the real show anymore.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #351
Dean C
Eskimo Regular

2 week break but then....

Dean C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #352
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

At first I was upset that Sawyer & Juliet were together, because I felt that Kate & Sawyer belong together and Jack & Juliet belong together, but then I started thinking that maybe this is better - you don't want to be with someone who is too similar to yourself, ya know? Kate & Sawyer each need someone to keep them grounded, they just wouldn't work out together in the long run.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #353
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I thought the epi was kinda meh! (specially compared to last week's !)

and i agree with Hazey, the most exciting part was when Daniel saw Charlotte. But whatever happened to Daniel 'three years later'... He's odder than odd now!

Anywhoooo, i hope Sawyer and Kate never get back together, i don't like Kate and Sawyer is too hot for her :P She should end up Jack or else!!

Old 03-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #354
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

meh??? what you talking about!!!! this week was the best epi ever out Losties stuck @ 1974 working for Dharmna, we got the Juliet & Sawyer thing, and the bit about Sawyer not remembering Kate's face anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You probably didn't like it cos Desmond wasn't on he he

one thing that doesn't add up is that if Charlotte was a kid in 1974, that makes her almost 40 in present time??????????????????????????????
Old 03-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #355
hazey
Draper's Girl Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
one thing that doesn't add up is that if Charlotte was a kid in 1974, that makes her almost 40 in present time??????????????????????????????
It would seem that certain people who grew up on the island don't age, or age slower. I mean, how old is Richard?? And what about Horace (the guy with long hair from the last episode)? I remember him from way back on the show (not sure which season it was) when everyone was still on the island. Horace had short hair then and looked exactly like he looks in 1974.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille View Post
I guess it's because Goddard has left the team or something...
Who?? Are we watching the same show, Cille?
Old 03-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #356
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

I agree, Charlotte could age slower, or maybe she just looks young for her age. Heck, I'm 31 and most people think I'm in my early 20's, occasionally I even get mistaken for 18 or 19
Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 AM   #357
cille
creepycute

Hello bearbait, then I will most definately date you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey View Post

Who?? Are we watching the same show, Cille?
I meant Drew Goddard, used to be in the writing team but left before this season. I believe he also made the movie Cloverfield and stuffs.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #358
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

^^ and he has links to Angel/ Buffy too
Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #359
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait View Post
I was kind of thinking that it was Penny who beat Ben up, she seems like the type who could defend herself pretty well, she wouldn't have gone down easily when he went to kill her. Or perhaps it was Desmond. I guess he will have to sail back to the island, since that is how he got there the first time. Will he sail there with his son? I'm sure he wouldn't leave him with Grandaddy Widmore.

Where is Aaron??? Will he & Kate be reunited? Will he be given back to Claire? It breaks my heart that they took him away from Kate.
I think Kate gave Aaron to Claire's mother, willingly. It seems like the only right thing to do if she was going back to the island.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #360
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

that part when daniel saw young charlotte was heart-breaking. i hope that kate's return doesn't mess things up with sawyer and juliet (juyer? sawliet? )
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote