Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 02-01-2008, 03:57 AM   #91
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

I'll totally wait for everybody to watch so the epi can be discussed but... Hurley was drawing an igloo and an Eskimo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... yeah just thought i'd point that out!

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #92
Kristi
The Prodigal Eskimo

i cant wait till your oirish see it so i can talk about it toooooo!!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #93
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Just watched it online at freetvonline.com!!!!! I think I'm more confused than ever

And there was another 'clear' Damien reference!!!! Hurley did a Cannonball
Old 02-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #94
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

i was thinking about that. maybe the guy that plays hurley is a huge damien fan. btw, how adorable is hurely!!
Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #95
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

He must be a fan When they used Delicate on Season 1, Hurley was listening to the song on his discman and then he run out of batteries...

Here's the Eskimo/Igloo drawing:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_8HhjIy50yEY/...h/painting.png
Old 02-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #96
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
I think I'm more confused than ever
Ditto!!
I have soooo many questions now!!!!!!!

Am i the only one disappointed at the fact that we only got a 1hr premier epi?????

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 PM   #97
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherifkarama
i dont personnally thing locke is jacob`s twin, but i am positive that they are somewhat connected..my theory is that jacob acts as some sort of judge of the good/bad people, and although he used to see ben as being a good person, worthy of leading the islanders, locke now appears to be a better candidate. i also think ben somewhat constrains jacob in someway, possibly that circle of what looks like volcanic ashes aroudn jacobs cabin? hence the ``help me`` heard by locke.
I'm just trying to tie in some twin references from the first season Plus, when we froze the image of Jacob and stared at it for awhile we decided he could look like Locke with long hair & bushy beard, although it was a profile shot and very shadowy so it was hard to tell. Jacob in the Bible had a twin, and they were polar opposites.
I'm trying to decide if Jacob was asking for Locke's help to escape somehow, or if he was asking for Locke's help in another way - for example, to help purge the island of people who don't belong there.
Interestingly, Jacob in the Bible had a son named Benjamin (whose mother died while giving birth to him just like Ben's).

Ha, I just thought of another Damien reference: volcanoes (the ash, plus in Ben's classroom flashback the teacher was giving a demonstration about volcanoes.)
bearbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #98
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaoran
Ditto!!
I have soooo many questions now!!!!!!!

Am i the only one disappointed at the fact that we only got a 1hr premier epi?????
Yes, I was dissapointed about that. We totally thought it was going to be a 2-hour premiere episode and even put our oldest son to bed early to make sure we didn't miss a second, then we turn it on to see the recap thing (we thought that was going to be Wednesday night) and had to wait another whole hour to see the premiere.

I've been dreaming about Lost lately. First it was a scary dream about Locke killing eye-patch guy over and over again, then last night it was a rather yummy dream about Sayid
Old 02-02-2008, 12:26 AM   #99
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

huge spolier:

highlight>> did you guys notice that jacob is jack and claire's father, or his twin brother because it's the same face.<<
Old 02-02-2008, 12:35 AM   #100
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^Ahhhhh!! Now I'm going to have to go and look again!

I'm dying to go to the Lost boards, but I would totally get addicted . . . must . . . keep . . . away . . .
Old 02-02-2008, 12:40 AM   #101
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

It might be Jack's dad... this would partly explain the importance he has been given through out the show, even tho he's not really on the island...

Did they ever find his body after the crash ??? I can't seem to remember and i know he was on the plane because Jack was taking him back to burry him right???

Old 02-02-2008, 01:27 AM   #102
Nine
Inuit

most disappointing series opener yet. Great episode, but not a series opener... sucky. Very very disappointed
Old 02-02-2008, 06:52 AM   #103
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

So what are your thoughts on the 'Oceanic 6' people mentioned by Hurley??????????????
Old 02-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #104
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

^ Maybe there were multiple rescue helicopters and one or more of them crashed?? Or the Others only let 6 people leave?
I am assuming that Sawyer survived and that is who Kate is with in the future. So, that would leave two others. Maybe Claire & Aaron, since Desmond saw them get into a helicopter in his vision, but maybe the helicopter crashed . . . One of the Oceanic 6 would be the person who Jack is upset about dying, someone who is so hated that no one goes to his funeral except Jack. Maybe someone who could be their ticket back to the island?
Old 02-02-2008, 05:27 PM   #105
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbait
^ Maybe there were multiple rescue helicopters and one or more of them crashed?? Or the Others only let 6 people leave?
I am assuming that Sawyer survived and that is who Kate is with in the future. So, that would leave two others. Maybe Claire & Aaron, since Desmond saw them get into a helicopter in his vision, but maybe the helicopter crashed . . . One of the Oceanic 6 would be the person who Jack is upset about dying, someone who is so hated that no one goes to his funeral except Jack. Maybe someone who could be their ticket back to the island?
It has to be Locke or Ben in the coffin - because they both have a communion with the island and can see Jacob - when nobody else can - so, if jack's sole wish is to return to the island, it stands to reason that only locke and ben could get him back - which would explain why he's so upset when the person dies.

Also, i reckon it's feasible that locke is hated, being as hurley says 'i should have gone with you not locke' implying locke was wrong... and locke has no family who would attend his funeral, so... I think it's Locke.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:48 PM   #106
Cali
Vegetable Eskimo

a few things. don't read if you haven't seen the ep

* i think they lied about the crash and left some people behind on purpose, they probably said that they all died and only the oceanic 6 survived. i mean that would explain why they want to go back to the island, it seems that jack and hurley feel guilty for something.

* also, remember the tall scary oceanic lawyer that visited hurley, didn't he say 'they're alive aren't they?' or something like that, but he implied it anyway. he was probably talking about the left-behind. maybe he doesn't want hurly to talk, which would suggest that oceanic is also in the cover up, that they know something but they prefer not to admit that they know, and that would be that there are other survivors that are still alive. remember that jack, kate and hurley know something they don't want people to know

* another clue is that hurley pretended not to know ana lucia, but the cop asked him if he had met her in the plane, didn't he. i'm confused about that. so he thinks that she died in the crash not on the island. i've heard a few things but i can't put it together

* another thing, why in the future isn't kate in jail if she killed her father? maybe she took somebody else's identity.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #107
Daniel
Eskimo Regular

without looking at the above....it seems that the seeders for the episode are few and far between so I'll be waiting till Monday night when its on TV.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:18 PM   #108
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Cali, I agree that there is a huge cover-up. Maybe that is why someone is so intent on finding Desmond too (my guess is it's Penny's father, the founder of Widmore Labs). My thinking was that the Others let some of the survivors get rescued, but that not all of them made it back home alive. Although it would make sense to only let a few go, because too many would look suspicious. Either the Others picked people they thought they could trust, or maybe they actually sent these people away because the island had no use for them, or because the Others have no use for them. Ben is threatened by Locke's connection with Jacob & the island, and since he tried to kill him and failed maybe he's decided that Locke won't die on the island and forces him to be rescued.

I think the reason Kate isn't in jail for killing her father may be because they seem to have been granted some sort of immunity. Remember when Hurley was caught by the police and he said, "Don't you know who I am? I'm one of the Oceanic 6" and said something about immunity. Also, the marshal who was after her died in the crash, and maybe whoever took over her case had sympathy for her since abuse was involved.

Maybe the reason Hurley said he'd never met Ana Lucia was because he was afraid he couldn't keep his story straight. It would just be easier to say he'd never met her than to have to make up a story about meeting her and talking to her. It makes me sad that Hurley left the island - he was so happy there. And with his connection with the numbers I'm betting he gets back somehow.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:17 AM   #109
viv
Eskimo Regular

the "ocieanic 6" are the only six people to get off the island. I assume that the public thinks everyone else died. I think there are probably a few reasons why everyone else didn't come home. i'm sure some of them, locke and probably rose and bernard, didn't want to return. why would they? locke can walk and rose's cancer was cured. but then charlie was saying some thing about "you know they need you" to hurley, so some of them were, i guess, left there agaist their will. but why? time will tell. i loved it!
viv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 02:45 AM   #110
Mark Hogan
Eskimo Regular

It seems they are fooling a lot with Locke's spiritual world verses Jack's enlightened one.

And Locke's side developing their miracles for their Bible maybe????
Mark Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #111
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

So who do you think the 6 are?
Kate, Jack and Hugo are sure. I'm assuming the 'him' that Kate was coming back to on the Season 3 finale might be Sawyer. If Desmond's visions are true, Claire might be saved too. And the 6th one must be the one on the coffin...

But maybe it wasn't Sawyer that Kate was with in the future. Nothing is what it seems in Lost, I got the feeling they want us to believe it's Sawyer but...

And what do you reckon regarding Naomi's sister, which she mentioned before re-dying??? Might be someone we already know??????????????
Old 02-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #112
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman
So who do you think the 6 are?
Kate, Jack and Hugo are sure. I'm assuming the 'him' that Kate was coming back to on the Season 3 finale might be Sawyer. If Desmond's visions are true, Claire might be saved too. And the 6th one must be the one on the coffin...

But maybe it wasn't Sawyer that Kate was with in the future. Nothing is what it seems in Lost, I got the feeling they want us to believe it's Sawyer but...

And what do you reckon regarding Naomi's sister, which she mentioned before re-dying??? Might be someone we already know??????????????

I agree with you - I'm not completely sure it was Sawyer that Kate was with in the future. I can see why Kate might end up hating Sawyer and Jack would be sad about his death, and why nobody would go to his funeral (Hurley probably would, but maybe he is still in a mental institution at the time of Sawyer's death).
I kind of think Claire wouldn't be rescued, just because it doesn't seem like there are going to be happy endings in Lost. So that is why I thought maybe there were two rescue helicopters and one of them crashed - that Desmond's vision did come true, but Claire ultimately does not get rescued. But this is all just me trying to come up with stuff, there probably is only one helicopter, filled with people carefully chosen by the Others - people who were not on either list perhaps. But since Jack so desperately wants to get back to the island, I feel like the dead survivor must be a strong link back to the island - like Ben or Locke. I could totally see Jack forcing Ben to get rescued with them. But I think Ben would be able to get back to the island if he wanted to so that may not be it. And I'm not sure the island would even let Locke leave

At first I didn't think anything about Naomi's mention of her sister, but now that you mention it I am starting to reconsider . . . it doesn't seem like anybody ever says anything inconsequential in this show! I'll have to think about it.

Last edited by bearbait; 02-03-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 AM   #113
cille
creepycute

What about Claire's baby?
Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #114
sherifkarama
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali
a few things. don't read if you haven't seen the ep

* i think they lied about the crash and left some people behind on purpose, they probably said that they all died and only the oceanic 6 survived. i mean that would explain why they want to go back to the island, it seems that jack and hurley feel guilty for something.
They do, at least Hurley, and Jack will EVENTUALly, as we seen in season 3 finale..so something has to make him START feeling guilt, cause right now, he only seems to care about Hurley shutting up about....??

Quote:
* also, remember the tall scary oceanic lawyer that visited hurley, didn't he say 'they're alive aren't they?' or something like that, but he implied it anyway. he was probably talking about the left-behind. maybe he doesn't want hurly to talk, which would suggest that oceanic is also in the cover up, that they know something but they prefer not to admit that they know, and that would be that there are other survivors that are still alive. remember that jack, kate and hurley know something they don't want people to know
He said ``are they still alive`` ( i just rewatched it yesterday :P)
You bring up a good point here, about the possible Oceanic cover up-that might explain those gold passes Jack refers to in the s3 finale?

Quote:
* another clue is that hurley pretended not to know ana lucia, but the cop asked him if he had met her in the plane, didn't he. i'm confused about that. so he thinks that she died in the crash not on the island. i've heard a few things but i can't put it together
You make sense my friend, a lot of sense. The guilt would come from having left some of them on the island, someone wants that to remain a secret- possibly those new people that just arrived on the Island-somehow they would have allowed just 6 to leave with the promise of never revealing what had happened?

Quote:
* another thing, why in the future isn't kate in jail if she killed her father? maybe she took somebody else's identity.
SPOILERS-HIGHLIGHT AT YOUR OWN RISK
That will most likely be addressed during an upcoming episode. Im not gonna say which one- but its been posted around lost forums-Kate will have her own episode-in which they will answer a QUESTION we all might be wondering about her-and apparently, a court scene was shot in Hawai; Im guessing that jail issue will be addressed there!

www.sherifkarama.com
sherifkarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:06 AM   #115
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

just watched the episode on sunday and loved it.. straight back into it.

i had suspected locke to be in the coffin when we first saw the flash forward, but theres no way locke is leaving the island on his own accord so not sure how it could be him. ben is the other possibility, being that he isnt respected by anyone and has no family apart from his supposed daughter who Rousseau said pretty sternly in the last episode that "she is not his daughter"

cant say im a big fan of the flash forwards. you kinda lose what timezone you're watching, but i guess it had to be done to keep the storyline fresh and to increase the mystery

also the ana lucia thing. not sure if anyone else noticed this. But the cops name was "mike walton" which is almost an anagram of "michael and walt"
and the fact that michael shot ana and that hurley refused to claim knowledge of ana lucia is really interesting.. Walt is still a key to the island, he did help john locke and i think we will be seeing him and perhaps michael again..

and when naomi was stabbed in the back with the knife, how the heck could she pull that out herself?? it would take alot of effort and alot of self control not to scream or whimper. Plus Ben had been sitting there the whole time, tied to the tree and Rousseau went up at some point to punch ben so i cant see how she had the time to pull it out and stagger off into the jungle on her own... did she get help? did she actually die?
i also think naomi's sister has a part to play in this. perhaps in the next episode we will see a flashback of some sort, but lost doesnt give random information without it relating to someone..

im still a firm believer of the timeline theory. The island could be many years in the past or future as far as our linear time model (the way we perceive time). This would explain the deceased still having contact with people. Walt's appearance to Locke, the whispering voices, lockes ability to walk, women dying during pregnancy on the island, Desmonds visions (perhaps happened due to the explosion from the dharma bases)

hence why this show is so damn good, has me rambling

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic

Last edited by Gatsby; 02-05-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:29 AM   #116
SisterMidnight
Jellyfishsting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate

im still a firm believer of the timeline theory. The island could be many years in the past or future as far as our linear time model (the way we perceive time). This would explain the deceased still having contact with people. Walt's appearance to Locke, the whispering voices, lockes ability to walk, women dying during pregnancy on the island, Desmonds visions (perhaps happened due to the explosion from the dharma bases)
i'm completely in agreement with this hypothesis there have been all kinds of time travel references along the way, books like "a wrinkle in time" and "slaughterhouse five" showing up in the series.. i know there's more but i'm too braindead to think of them right now..

just like in slaughterhouse five desmond has become unstuck in time, he's the only one to realize he's in a flashforward when he's having one..

besides what is time but another dimension of existence? which i think they are definitely in an alternate dimension.

Last edited by SisterMidnight; 02-05-2008 at 01:37 AM.
SisterMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #117
Gatsby
Eskimo Regular

yep, i think the whole penny thing could also be to do with the timeline. One of my theories is that penny was clueless to the boat as she hadnt sent it yet. She doesnt know who Naomi is because she hasnt employed her and in her (our) timeline she has just started searching for Desmond.
The fact that Naomi has a picture of Penny and Desmond with her when she arrives on the Island shows proof that she isnt lying about knowing Penny.

My other theory is that its Penny's father who is looking for answers on the island. Didnt he work for that company tied in with the dharma? And that he uses Penny's photo with desmond to show the rest of the people on the island that Naomi is safe and that Penny has sent her, leaving penny clueless when charlie talks to her...

Both are probably totally wrong, but again anything is possible

i just hope we get all the answers to the many many questions they have left unanswered...

https://www.twitch.tv/simonjmusic
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 AM   #118
buddy
Eskimo Regular

i think it's michael that's in the casket in last season's finale. that would explain why the funeral home was in a black neighborhood and why kate refused to go to the funeral. and i think maybe the "he" that will be wondering where she is when she meets jack is aaron.

just my 2 cents.

buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #119
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate
My other theory is that its Penny's father who is looking for answers on the island. Didnt he work for that company tied in with the dharma? And that he uses Penny's photo with desmond to show the rest of the people on the island that Naomi is safe and that Penny has sent her, leaving penny clueless when charlie talks to her...
Penny's father is the founder of Widmore Labs, which supplied some of the Dharma supplies (and also manufactured the pregnancy test that Sun took).
Old 02-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #120
bearbait
Eskimo Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy
i think it's michael that's in the casket in last season's finale. that would explain why the funeral home was in a black neighborhood and why kate refused to go to the funeral. and i think maybe the "he" that will be wondering where she is when she meets jack is aaron.

just my 2 cents.
I had played around with the thought of Michael being the one in the casket too, but I just couldn't figure out where Walt would be - still on the island? Michael seems to be willing to do ANYTHING to keep Walt safe, so perhaps he was trying to get back to the island too, and that is why Jack was so upset when he died - maybe he saw Michael as a potential way to get back.