Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 04-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #31
cheguevara6
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS
By the way, Is everyone just Assuming or does anyone know as a fact that HE was the one who got rid of her? How do we know that she wasnt the one who decided to move on to bigger things? Thanks for any info!

I think by reading available info, one can assume that is the case, that damien was the person who ot rid of her. The official statement on the site says it all "Damien decided..."
cheguevara6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #32
lalla32
Eskimo Regular

Everyone is just assuming... :P
lalla32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:14 PM   #33
tj
Phono Vox

This is ridiculous... I don't even feel right replying to these silly topics but I'm going to reply to this just for the sake of it.

If anyone thinks that a Damien Rice show isn't worth going to without Lisa then I'd ask you to watch the Paradiso gig the whole way through and tell me that it's not a mind-blower.

I hate how it seems like Damien and Lisa are both public property and that we should know exactly why they no longer work together.

I love Damien and I love Lisa... I love the music that they've made together... That doesn't mean that I won't love the music that they'll both make seperately. I can't understand why some people on here assume that Lisa's solo stuff isn't going to be very good because she hasn't got Damien... you don't know that yet.

I feel that in saying this I'm only repeating the sense that other people have been adding to this debate that I would really like to see the end of.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #34
davidcotyalex
Eskimo Regular

Can't resist chiming in - anyone who doesn't appreciate the creative genius damo brings to the table obviously is missing the point of the entire experience. of course we all appreciated the wonderful aspects lisa brought to the band but she is merely one tool to the whole end.

When life throws you a curve ball do you just quit?

Do artistic genres need to remain static?

Go on and admire Fiona Apple - it is clear you never understood damo or what he was about - good riddance. The true fans will continue to relish in his genius and artistic growth.
davidcotyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #35
Valentino
Eskimo Enthusiast

Default Wholy-Moley-Guacamoley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
I was thinking today while I was listening to the song, Sleep don't Weep, which completely broke my heart... I'll bet BOTH Damien and Lisa feel sad..
Its hard on us fans who adore them, and love hearing them together, but just imagine how they feel, they have worked very closely together for six years. It's got to be hard, no matter what brought them to this decision.

I should add, I will support both Lisa and Damien , separately or together, always.
I am a fan of both.

You know, the above is one of the most "real" things I've heard on this board in the past few weeks. This entire time, I've been so selfish and thinking "me, me ME!" that I never even took the time to think "Man, how are they feeling?"

To be honest, the thought actually crossed my mind once or twice but I just brushed it off as siding with Damien thinking perhaps Gary Lightbody may have crossed a line or two. But anyways, I don't even want to involve Gary in any of this because Spongebob might get mad as well.

I still have no regrets about my previous posts or the thread of mine they shut down but in all reality, we have to realize that both Damo and Lisa are probably having a very difficult time with all this being that they probably grew so close over all these years performing together. And if Damien is indeed ticked off about any of Lisa's outside involvements, I'm sure that the anger will eventually (if it hasn't already) die down and resolve itself with something beautiful. All in all, I really hope Damien doesn't find a replacement and if he decides to...I really hope it isn't Martha Wainwright. I can't stand that woman's voice! It reminds me of the little old-lady from the movie Poltergeist.

But yeah, it seems that whenever a particular Lisa oriented thread "runs it's creative course" or is closed down, two new ones spring up in it's place. I guess I'll just call Lisa later on tonight and sing her sorrows away...now if only I had Damien's little black book.

Take care.

P.S.- Can we seriously stop saying stuff like Let it die, this has got to die, come on guys let it die already or anything remotely quoting Elephant and referring to threads or posts regarding Lisa speculations? It's not cute and no one thinks you're creative by doing so. Thanks.

Last edited by Valentino; 04-16-2007 at 04:51 AM.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #36
ls76
Eskimo Baby

Default same again

I'll say it again there's no point in going to see Damien again if Lisa is not singing. I am a Lisa Hannigan fan not a damien rice fan I am afraid. Hopefully Lisa solo stuff will be great.
ls76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #37
Nine
Inuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls76
I'll say it again there's no point in going to see Damien again if Lisa is not singing. I am a Lisa Hannigan fan not a damien rice fan I am afraid. Hopefully Lisa solo stuff will be great.
what exactly is your point? Why did you feel the need to say it again? That's your opinion and you're perfectly entitled to it, but lets not forget that this is primarily a 'Damien Rice fan site' - and the band is Damien Rice. Like I said, you're quite entitled to that view because after all music is all about opinion, but your tone just seems to imply that you are really p*ssed off with a certain someone, and I don't think anyone has the right to judge anyone when nobody knows what happened

x
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #38
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Aahh but alas ls76 it was Damien Rice's music and words that the lovely Miss Hannigan was singing. So you are a fan of Mr Rice...
But like nine, I must say this is a Damien Rice FAN site.. So again, off you go..

yep Valentino, there is sadness all around..
cheers.

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote