Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #781
drxg
Eskimo Baby

I was in the copenhagen gig, in first row right infront of Glen. I got the vibe that they didnt came in the best mood it got better of course and Glen was as charming and cute as always but Marketa was extremely quiet, she did try to talk a bit but if I compare this concert to last year one I noticed a big difference like the vibe was not as ok as before. Maybe it was just Marketa being sick, I could hear she was sick, she could sing but you could hear she had the flu
she looked beautiful in the green dress, she was not wearing makeup. well she never does

Graham, Colm were adorable Bob and Rob were a bit like in their own world but they did play gold in a nice way maybe later I can post the video I got of that song, just like 2 minutes of it.

Josh Ritter was very happy the audience loved him and he was soo happy. He was really kind and hugging everybody and taking photos and signing albums

at the end of the concert Glen asked us to come near them and we did it was really nice and at the end of High Horses he ended up with only one cord in his guitar it was intense and really a good song both for him and for Graham the drummer.
They left after they sang devil town and we all sang with them

Amazing concert like I expected but yes Marketa was too serious and probably was not feeling well. I hope she feels better , not fun to be going around in the bus and sick from concert to concert.

If I learn how to Ill post some pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00578.jpg (99.0 KB, 171 views)
drxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #782
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^there you go thanks drxg.
oh, that dress, that dress...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
^That only means one thing: The Frames.
i so knew you were thinking something like this

Last edited by verenita; 02-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
verenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #783
glo32
Eskimo Regular

Speaking of The Frames, after the gig in Milan I asked Glen about it and he told me they are definitely going back together before the end of the year for a tour, but they're not sure about a new album... they're just touring and see what happens.
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #784
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
^Nah, he'd never ditch Colm. So it will be "The Amazing Hansard and his Lovely Assistant, the enigmatic dr. Violin featuring an ever-changing rhythm section in dazzling red shirts", in other words "The Frames".
Whell if you say so - as long as it involves more Glen, I think Glen would like that
Then again, wouldn't we all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drxg View Post
I was in the copenhagen gig, in first row right infront of Glen. I got the vibe that they didnt came in the best mood it got better of course and Glen was as charming and cute as always but Marketa was extremely quiet, she did try to talk a bit but if I compare this concert to last year one I noticed a big difference like the vibe was not as ok as before. Maybe it was just Marketa being sick, I could hear she was sick, she could sing but you could hear she had the flu
she looked beautiful in the green dress, she was not wearing makeup. well she never does

Graham, Colm were adorable Bob and Rob were a bit like in their own world but they did play gold in a nice way maybe later I can post the video I got of that song, just like 2 minutes of it.

Josh Ritter was very happy the audience loved him and he was soo happy. He was really kind and hugging everybody and taking photos and signing albums

at the end of the concert Glen asked us to come near them and we did it was really nice and at the end of High Horses he ended up with only one cord in his guitar it was intense and really a good song both for him and for Graham the drummer.
They left after they sang devil town and we all sang with them

Amazing concert like I expected but yes Marketa was too serious and probably was not feeling well. I hope she feels better , not fun to be going around in the bus and sick from concert to concert.

If I learn how to Ill post some pics
Oh hey, we must've sat literally RIGHT next to eachother, hello! I am the chubby girl in the blue skirt and blue shirt.

OK, Cph setlist - maybe you can help me remember what was added and what wasn't played? they certainly didn't do Lies, and they added 'Deviltown' at the very end. And Josh's song was 'Come and find me' (quelle surprise )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG.jpg (94.2 KB, 165 views)
Old 02-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #785
drxg
Eskimo Baby

Smile

Cille, I was sitting next to the corridor in the first part front line in front of Glen he was right there in front and then my husband was sitting next to me and then I remember a blonde girl wearing something blue next to him , were you that girl?

I remembered some songs they sang in no specific order,

back broke,
feeling the pull
low rising
high horses
gold
rain
In these arms
fantasy man
i have loved you wrong
say it to me now
Leave
falling slowly
Gold
Your face ----I like this song a lot so I was glad they sang it :-_
Old 02-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #786
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^oh Lourdes, you got Your Face!!! that's a very rare one live, right???

I love this Youtube version:

Old 02-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #787
cille
creepycute

Quote:
Cille, I was sitting next to the corridor in the first part front line in front of Glen he was right there in front and then my husband was sitting next to me and then I remember a blonde girl wearing something blue next to him , were you that girl?
Yup

yeah, I enjoyed 'your face' a lot

Oh the frames

I posted the setlist above
Old 02-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #788
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Quote:

I remembered some songs they sang in no specific order,

back broke,
feeling the pull
low rising
high horses
gold
rain
In these arms
fantasy man
i have loved you wrong
say it to me now
Leave
falling slowly
Gold
Your face ----I like this song a lot so I was glad they sang it :-_

So they sang "Gold" twice?
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:56 AM   #789
drxg
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskimo_prague View Post
So they sang "Gold" twice?
no, I didnt realize I wrote it twice
Old 02-22-2010, 08:13 AM   #790
drxg
Eskimo Baby

Marti, I dont know how often he sings your face, you are the expert in that but I have been listening a lot lately to the frames so I knew the moment he started singing it and was soooo happy as I really like that song.

I didnt get a lot of videos it was quite obvious when I was taking one and I dont know it felt a bit uncomfortable I dont think there was a lot of people taking videos.

I really want the frames to start touring!
cool Glo that he said they will I just hope they stop in scandinavia
Old 02-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #791
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

the aforementioned Gold:

Old 02-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #792
quiquemartin
Eskimo Regular

Beauuuuuuutiful version!!
quiquemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #793
eskimo_prague
Eskimo Regular

Thanks drxg, and Marti for the video!
eskimo_prague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #794
mariaoran
The girl from Venezuela

From the tour summary thingie that they do every once in a while:

Amoeba records performance
http://www.amoeba.com/live-shows/vid...ll-season.html

and some Frames *yay*
Seven Day Mile

There's more stuff here.

"This place is a Gynocracy!"

repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern, repetition creates pattern...
mariaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #795
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

the swell season played a cover of Leonard cohen's the partisan yesterday in paris...
i'll try to post the video as soon as possible... but i'm late on my uploadings... like REALLY late...

off topic, we asked if he had news from damien. he's in LA right now recording his new album and is really happy.they send each other text messages on a regular basis... he was totally burnout from his touring the latest years and had to rest. glen compared to exploiting a fertile soil, if you keep exploiting it again and again, nothing (musically speaking?) will grow strong and good. you have to let it rest before turning into something great.

speaking of this , glen was speaking about taking a one year break after this 2010 tour... they had had like a 2week real vacation in years
cuuliem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #796
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

mmh... marketa's birthday will be this weekend for the madrid gig...
but borneoman and I are planning to buy her a gift for the barcelona gig on saturday... any ideas welcome before 9.00GMT?
or after that if marti can access the internet
Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #797
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

^yep, we're on the guest list for the Swellies in Barcelona!!! Thanks Cuuliem... and Glen too
Old 02-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #798
quiquemartin
Eskimo Regular

You can give her an upright piano like in once!! XD

tomorrow I,ll sing a happybirthday to you really loud in the concert, in the name of all of you. I'll try to record and upload.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:15 PM   #799
verenita
... trusty and true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman View Post
^yep, we're on the guest list for the Swellies in Barcelona!!! Thanks Cuuliem... and Glen too
that sounds awesome!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:16 AM   #800
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

he forgot but i reminded him
Old 02-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #801
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

reporting from Barcelona!!!

Absolutely amazing gig, with Glen in top form, giving it 1000% You could see they really liked Barcelona and they gave it all. The show was supposed to be sitted but they changed it last minute to fit more people and it was standing, which I think changes the vibe completely and gives the whole experience more energy and dynamics.

During the gig they kept saying things in Spanish and mentioning how much they liked Barcelona. And that kinda wins the audience, which participated a lot, and we did all the usual singing parts... and before the gig, they did a bit of busking in the street. We were waiting at the box office and we were hearing some music coming from the street and after a while we realised it was them singing in the street, all of them, Glen, Marketa, Josh Ritter, Colm...

Glen was very very talkative, giving looooooooong stories before every song. The one I liked the most was before What Happens When The Heart Just Stops, about an old lady he met in an elevator, and how he mentioned to her that he really liked her coat, and she told Glen that she was very happy that she had told him so, and how it's important to tell things, so don't keep your thoughts to yourself, cos this woman she had lost her son during 9/11 and she never told him that she loved hiim (or something in that vein)... so the moral of the story was to tell people what you think/feel... nice story

The gig was also special cos it had Javier Mas. This is an old guy, famous guitar player with Leonard Cohen who played in Strict Joy. Glen explained how he saw him live with Cohen in Sidney and after that, he wrote him a letter declaring himself a fan, and to his surprise Mas replied and accepted to be part of Strict Joy. And since he's from Barcelona he joined them yesterday for a few songs (Feeling the pull, Back broke and Astral weeks)

The setlist included some great ones that they skipped in Italy so I was very happy, especially Leave!!! and All The Way Down-Marketa version. I'm not 100% sure about the setlist but I think it was something like this:

1 Say it to me Now (Solo)
2 All the way down (Glen & Marketa)
3 This low
4 Feeling the pull
5 Low rising
6 In these arms
7 The moon
8 If you love me
9 Fantasy man
(Glen solo)
10 Leave
11 What happens when the Heart just stops
12 Back broke
13 Astral weeks
(band returns)
14 Paper cup
15 I have loved you wrong
16 Colm song
17 Lay me down (Frames cover
18 The rain
19 When your heart's made up
---
20 Falling Slowly
21 Come find me (with Josh)
22 High Horses (super energetic performance to finish!!)

and we met them, talked with them all, got things signed, pics taken, we gave some presents to Marketa, including a birthday card from the Eskimofriends :-) got some videos, will post later
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #802
commonsense
Eskimo Regular

I'd be Pissed if they changed the show's seating right before the show. My gf is short and it's a real distraction to jockey for position, and watch out for taller people stepping in front of her.
commonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #803
verenita
... trusty and true ...

^^ that was so awesome, marti! and thanks for being so emotional when you share the great time you had

about the elevator story... i so agree. i tend to do such things, especially to people who i don´t know but give me some special good vibe somehow. it´s such a powerful feeling. i´m glad i´m not alone

i would love to see those pics. what about vids of busking thing?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #804
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

I got a funny pic with Glenn

and got CD signed:

and a few clips,
Leave:

What Happens when the Heart just Stops:

I've upped the rest but I think they're still being processed... check my channel
Old 03-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #805
verenita
... trusty and true ...

great, marti
i like the "hola!" word from glen, hehe.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:20 AM   #806
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

for the Josh Ritter fans :-)

Old 03-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #807
eva_arg
Eskimo Regular

^ love it!!

thanks for the review and vids marti!!
I loved that elevator story. I heard it on the recording that's already on dime
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=292220

if anyone has problems downloading, let me know and I'll upload it somewhere else. great gig!!

and so great about that busking thing. I'm so jealous
eva_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #808
quiquemartin
Eskimo Regular

FANTASTIC Madrid concert!!!!!!!
Absolute amazing!!!!

So much to say and so little english...

First of all, Josh Ritter was great!!! very sensitive, moving... he has a new fan.
The last song was performed with all of the tech crew, and... Marketa singing the backing vocals!

The started the concert. This is the sertlist, if you want to know it:

http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/a...1&d=1267563931

Glen was plenty of energy!!! like Marti said, 1000%. It was a special day, of course, Marketa's birthday, last gig on this tour...

Again was the spanish guitarrist. He told same history. Also he talked about that woman in when the heart stops, etc...

Marketa told that she had received many gifts. Then, she showed to us a gift, a pair of castañuelas (castanets??), and then the girl (a friend??) came up the the stage and performed a song with them (I can't remember what song).

Happy birthday to you was sung 3 times, 2 in English and one in ESPAÑOL!!!

In falling slowly some guy of the crew put a cake with candles (those candles you can't blow becouse the start again to burn!!).

The castañuelas girl came up again to the stage, she gave a huuuuuuuugeeeeee hug to Glen.

The audience was crazy the whole concert, singing when requested, laughing, etc.

Colm's Irish song was also beautiful.

Glen spoke a lot in Spanish indeed, also Mar.

The band sounded like one soul, all together the whole concert. Mar wasn't shy or sad or nothing. Jokes with Glen in several moments, etc.

The only thing is that I couldn' see them after the concert.
It finished very late and we had to go becouse it was sunday night...

A photo of Marketa playing the piano, the bright thing is the cake with the candles.

I love them!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0119.jpg (107.7 KB, 43 views)
Old 03-02-2010, 08:26 PM   #809
cille
creepycute

^Nice, thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #810
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

wow Quique, sounds like another spectacular Swellies gig!!!!

there are already some youtubes of the Madrid gig, here's Falling Slowly with the happy birthday cake bit: