Mousse
Eskimo Baby

Saw Damien at AB Brussels,
what a selfish boy that is.

And know don't get me wrong, I love his music and he plays the
guitar like no one else, but...

Why is someone like Lisa, who is a big part of the succes of "O"
treath like a third rank singer?

We all know who's the big man, so why rub it in like that?
please let Lisa stay at home so she can do some ironing!
Mousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:38 PM   #2
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

[img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] I'm not sure what you mean, doesn't she sing all of the same parts she sang on O when in concert? Plus a few others on her own, from what I have heard. They are his songs though, but Lisa does add alot to them I agree. Also I get the feeling that she sings as much or as little as she would like to on any given night [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img] Edited by: jbalogh

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #3
Mousse
Eskimo Baby

Same parts as on "O"?

Think she didn't even had time to warm her voice.
Believe me I was ashamed, and the fact that the songs are his?
Well everybody knows, but "his" songs were colored by Lisa.

Spoiled Child want's all the attention.
A real performer would respect his crew!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:03 PM   #4
administrator
forum administrator

lisa only sang a couple of songs in brussels, i think that's what mousse is talking about.

mousse, i think that was because lisa wasn't feeling well that night. she's a big part of the performance every night. what i like about the band is that they're all on stage side by side (e.g. tomo, the drummer, isn't just a prop at the back of the stage) and lisa and vyvienne get the spotlight every night too.
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:07 PM   #5
Mousse
Eskimo Baby

If she was feeling sick it was Damien's job to tell the audience,
he didn't, so everyone was like: What's with this guy?
Old 03-12-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Lisa is sometimes also not on tour with him. Last year in the states many cities, she was not. Damien is just as powerful a performer with or without her. I have yet to see her live. But I was not dissiapointed with Damiens performance alone. I do look forward to seeing her though. I don't think it is that he wants all of the spotlight himself. But it seems like you have made up your mind so I will leave it there.. And, Thanks Emmett, always the voice of reason [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]

"There's something magical about music and the simple fact that it's a vibration of air. It's sort of magical if you vibrate the air in a certain way, people are pleased by it." Damien Rice
Old 03-13-2004, 09:30 PM   #7
northstar
Eskimo Baby

Lisa sang quite a bit at the Brixton concert and I didn't get the impression Damien was belittle-ing (check out the spelling!!!) any of the band members. It was just as Emmet said.Damien is after all though, the front man and the reason why the band are there.

If Lisa wasn't well, the modest lass perhaps didn't want Brussles to know and awwwww over her poorly state. It's just a case of taking each gig for what it is and enjoying it [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 09:31 PM   #8
julia
Eskimo Yogi..

Very sound advice [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

Old 03-15-2004, 07:46 AM   #9
Ubik
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmett
mousse, i think that was because lisa wasn't feeling well that night. she's a big part of the performance every night. what i like about the band is that they're all on stage side by side (e.g. tomo, the drummer, isn't just a prop at the back of the stage) and lisa and vyvienne get the spotlight every night too.

i was there too in brussels. thanks for this comment, if you know about it. that's some sort of explanation for the fact lisa didn't sing on la fille danse and blower's daughter.
Ubik is offline   Reply With Quote