Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
stevefox42
Eskimo Regular

Default Hello eskimofriends!

Hello all!
I've been on eskimofriends for a little while but I've not introduced myself.
so…. on with it!

I first heard Damien Rice in a Barnes & Noble bookstore in about 2003 when "O" was released. I just randomly selected the CD to sample via the headphones they have in their music section. (Boy!, did I select the right CD to sample!!) As I listened, I realized this was among the greatest music I've ever heard. This started my passion for the music of Damien Rice. I've seen him live once, in Philadelphia, PA on Apr. 15, 2004 at the Tower Theater! Wow! Since then, I've been collecting and listening to as much Damien Rice music as I can. I'm anxiously awaiting the day I'd have the chance to see him again.

In 2009, I began my journey down the road into the world of hi-fi systems. As I reflect on the purchases I made in 2009, I consider if those expensive items were worth the investment. I simply play anything from the wonderful Damien Rice, and all doubts quickly flee. To hear Damien like this.... it's worth every penny!

As some of you may have seen my posts, I've recently received an exciting shipment from the Damien Rice store. At the suggestion of other eskimofriends users, I've begun to collect the vinyl releases as well. I also play a bit of guitar and I've been trying to teach myself some Damien Rice songs ( I have the two guitar books now for 9 and O)). I'm glad to be here on eskimofriends sharing info and a community passion for such a powerful and profoundly talented artist, Damien Rice!
stevefox42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
verenita
... trusty and true ...

well, you´re not exactly a newie, but you are very welcome to the igloo for sure

i saw the pic of your collection and... wow, man!
Old 02-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
stevefox42
Eskimo Regular

I should post my FULL collection: that was just the new stuff from the Damien Rice online store. I'd love to see other's collections also. Please post a photo if you have one (or just snap a quick one) or at least a list of what you have. Anyone have anything signed by band members (especially Damien)?
Old 02-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #4
verenita
... trusty and true ...

hehe, well... my "collection" is quite boring: just one copy of O, one of 9 and one of B-sides. pretty much for someone who lives in this part of the world (at least, they all are originals). the three were gift and they came from europe
Old 02-04-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
MANGO
Eskimo Regular

Welcome !!!!!!!!!!
You’re always welcome~!!!!
MANGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #6
stevefox42
Eskimo Regular

MANGO, you're such a friendly and happy guy. Its good to see that. The online world can bring some pretty rude people. Thanks for cheering us all up!