Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 11-02-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

Default Glen and Damien

While I was listening to The Swell Season , I got to thinking, with Damien and Glen having some sort of relationship, do you think they would ever do a complete album together someday? And don't just say the safe answer i wouldn't rule it out someday ... although that could very well be the best answer.

i think it would be amazing assuming they had that musical chemistry (I think I remember Damien saying that they connect but not musically like you would think.)

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:48 AM   #2
Timeé
Intello

yes i think they could bring out an album. although they might have a conflict of interest in terms of getting it done and dusted. damiens a perfectionist. glen isnt.

he seems to bring out albums every 1/2 years
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
Bumpman

I couldn't really see it working to be honest with you, they could probably write together, but not record together. They just have different ideas on what's an acceptable recording to release. Having said that though, The Cake Sale is out, and that's an album of collaboration between them, and lots of other people too.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:08 PM   #4
mickey13086
Eskimo with a name..Chris

thank you for your opinions. when I listen to 'leave' I feel like it could for obvious reasons be a Damien song... and when I listen to Glen sing it, it seems very powerful and raw, like he's putting everything into it. I really like it.

MySpace
mickey13086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Bumpman

I honestly believe that The Swell Season outclasses anything Glen's done before it, nothing even comes close for me. Apparently Damien only wrote that bit at the end though, the "oh la-la-la la-la la-la-la-la-la-la" bit I'm led to believe. It has Damo's lyrical edge anyway...
Old 11-03-2006, 04:03 AM   #6
ahnmin
ar-TISTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey13086
thank you for your opinions. when I listen to 'leave' I feel like it could for obvious reasons be a Damien song... and when I listen to Glen sing it, it seems very powerful and raw, like he's putting everything into it. I really like it.
actually, it's funny that you mention that mickey, because, in fact, damien Co-Wrote that song with glen. along with some others. i forget the url to the article but in it, they mention two or three songs that damien co-wrote and glen denies allegations of him trying to bite off his style by singing with marketa (i.e. lisa).
ahnmin is offline   Reply With Quote