Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Old 08-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #61
Livo
Eskimo Frames Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
They're produced from the great corporate band machine, brought together to make money...
I liken them to westlife and the bubonic plague.
they're not actually.. they were sorta manufactured but only in the way that rose's friend and their now guitarist said look i want three girls to front my new band and they got gwenno and riotbecky.. and the girls write all the lyrics and can actually sing, so come on, westlife and the bubonic plague is a bit harsh? they're only a bit of fun..
Old 08-15-2006, 06:03 PM   #62
cille
creepycute

i think the music sucks, and they can't sing. I don't understand all the hype they've got. sorry for bitchin, but i'm already getting tired of them and their silly polkadots..
Old 08-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #63
Bumpman

Yeah, the Sex Pistols were sorta manafactured and a bit of fun too, so it's not as if I have a hatred by default of all bands who were started as a business plan. The point is though that our actions define us, their actions as I see it are to sell out to the corporate-rock machine, while providing absolutely nothing new to music and relying on image consultants to make them seem relevant. They represent everything that's wrong with music today.

By the way, Cille, I love you, you're great...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:23 PM   #64
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpman
By the way, Cille, I love you, you're great...
"cille
likes men in skirts"

a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do
A couple of bucks from you?
Timeé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #65
Lemmy
Eskimo Regular

all in one....

hmmm i have to go to the dermatologist person today cause i am sunburnt....my face is quite red and seems to be falling off
myglasses came in the mail!!! i never wear glasses i always wear my contacts but i love my new ones, they're really big for me though
i miss mexico but i am excited to see my mom and friends!!!
the dvds i bought on the black market aren't working :-(

its really cold!!!! and its summer, damn this!

i'm hungry.....

i like to ramble, great thread choice
Old 08-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #66
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i think the nut in the middle of the toffifee is great! when i've got time and not too much in the need of something sweet i always eat the dark chocolate on the top first, then i peel off the caramel which im going to eat at the end, then i either suck the middle so long until i just have the plain nut in my mouth (don't think anything naughty now, guys!) or i just eat my way through to the nut, which i normally eat with the caramel shell then. or i eat the dark chocolate first, put the whole thing in my mouth and manage to eat everything besides the nut and the caramel and have that at the end... quite strange. i know.

i had the same thing as well with twix for a while. but before i have that i have to mention that i normally eat those things just the way when nobody is watching... so, twix. first, i would eat the chocolate, then the caramel, and in the end the biscuit! i love to do that! it's just great! and when i think about that... i haven't done that in a while, so - time to do it again! great

i finished around 9ish tonight and i decided to call a friend to meet her for a drink and i managed to convince her, so i went there straight from work and she came a little bit later... so we sat there and chattet and suddenly someone was covering my eyes from behind me... i couldn't wait until i had guessed who it was so i turned around and there stood this friend of mine who moved away that weekend i went home! some of you might remember me ranting about that... i didn't know he was coming and it was just so great to see him again! thankfully i'm off now for the next 2 days and i'm really glad about that because i'm working enough the last weeks. last night i counted my hours and i found out that i didn't have less than 50 hours the last 5 weeks or so (besides the one where i had 4 days off, but the 3 days i was working i had enough hours as well), i even had 52... so now i'm really not surprised that i didn't meet too many friends outside of work because i just had to recover from those many (mostly busy) hours. i mean, i'm not really complaining about the hours, i'm not too exhausted... but the thing is... i didn't get payed for about 30 hours since the hotel has been taken over! and that's a lot of money! so tomorrow i'll go to the accountant to talk to him! that can't be just a stupid mistake. that's not right... there has to be something wrong...

i'd better end that now. i'd be surprised if you guys read about all my ranting here now... don't even bother...
Old 08-16-2006, 12:04 AM   #67
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

my leaving cert results are out tomorrow
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #68
Miss Pink
Eskimo Regular

no wait its actually today i didnt realise it was 1 am
Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #69
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah
i'd better end that now. i'd be surprised if you guys read about all my ranting here now... don't even bother...
i read it. and you're a great ranter keep ranting
Old 08-16-2006, 07:19 PM   #70
Beevers_uk
Esquimal Conducido Pasión

Location: In My Sugar Coated World, Filled With Angels And Love And Happiness And... And You.

I do the same thing as you Johanna with my food! when i eat a Double Decker i always eat the nouget bit first, so im left with a bar of the bisquit stuff, but then i throw it away cause i dont like the buscuit bit! And when i eat a Kit Kat, i bite the chocolate of and leave the wafer bit, then when i have unwrapped all the waffer, i slowly eat that!

I dont like alot of foods, im really really picky in what i eat and what i dont eat...

I dont eat...
Tomatoes
Tomato sauce
Brown sauce
BBQ Sauce
Mayoniase
Salad Cream
Cheese
Pizza's
Girkings
Yogurts
Jam
Fudge
Raisens
Nuts
Prawns
Shrimps
Fish
Crab
Ham
Sausages
Butter
Peanut Butter
Lamb
Duck
Pheasant
Sushi
Peanuts

I dont drink...

Milk
Alco Pops
Banana milkshake
Strawberry Milkshake
Lemon and Lime
Ginger Ale
Black currant
Tea
Fizzy Orange
Fizzy Apple Juice
fizzy blackcurrant

- Im Not Who You Think I am, I Slipped A Stranger Inside -
...~Noelie Mcdonnell~...
- You'll Be My Muse, And I'll Be Your Poet -
...~My Myspace Thingy~...
Beevers_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #71
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

my first day of school SUCCKKKKEEDDDDD big time

i don't know anyone in any of my classes except for two.

in two of my classes i'm the only senior with all sophomores..wtf.. how'd that happen? hmph. art class is going to be horrible without friends AND the teacher is really angry all the time.

i have a teacher in my film lit class, an english blow off class, who was def. stoned today. he is amazingly cool though! soo funny! but his eyes were gone and it smelt like weed when he talked next to me while i was sitting... oops

i got pulled over on the way home and it was in a school zone where the speed limit is reduced for school traffic and it was in my neighborhood and if you get a ticket the amount you have to pay is usually double in a school zone. but i'm a badass and talked my way out of it!

i have a headache.

i hate school

i'm going to a friends house now and it'll prolly be boring cause all my friends suck really bad

oh and I CAN GET A JOB IF I WANT IT, but i'm not sure if i want it cause i don't know if i really want to work everyday after school from 3-6 monday through friday. i'd rahter have some time off and work some weekdays, but idk. i'll prolly take it.
carvinC980t_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:46 PM   #72
Timeé
Intello

hmmmm we dont start for another 2 weeks in ireland.
i wish i were back. hell my life has nothin right now
Old 08-16-2006, 10:21 PM   #73
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Location: noblesville indiana, aka people with too much money producing ignorant children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeé
hmmmm we dont start for another 2 weeks in ireland.
i wish i were back. hell my life has nothin right now
haha i enjoy the nothing life. it is alot less meaningful and alot less stressful. i've already got lots of precal/trig. homework and a good amount of economics homework too... damn
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #74
Lemmy
Eskimo Regular

Beevers: one of my best friends eats barely anything besides pasta, bread, non melted cheese, and most deserts. i was in mexico with her and the poor girl had to order plain tortillas for almost every meal, i felt so bad!!

carvin, i'm sorry you had to start school this week! do you guys get out early? my cousins started last week and get out in late may, i start the 28th and get out june 2nd, my old school started the 23rd and gets out june 16th.

hmm today i had tutoring, it was math, bleh....i woke up early and made breakfast, i'm still sunburnt and it hurts, i watched more of the first season of LOST, it was fun.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #75
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i went to check my wages today. and i didn't get payed for 4 hours. i will receive that money next week. nice one.

i went to cork to the city gaol museum and i have to say it was really interesting. i wanted to go there for a while and now i finally made it up there. that was great. and i was in nice company.

i sold my ticket to the ep today. i bought one to budapest instead. you have to set priorities in your life.

i bought a farewell card for a colleague today. tomorrow's her last working day. i'm gonna miss her.

i friend gave me a tape with songs he'd like to do with me. most of them are at least alright for me. there are just one or two i don't really agree, but we can still talk about it...

i'm having a solo in sunday mass! my first one with that choir and in that beautiful cathedral! i'm looking forward to that!

i received a message today that made my heart melt.

i skyped with my mom, that was great! what would i do without her...

i'm tired now. i think i will go to sleep. nothing really to rant about today. it was going quite well. the weather was alright, i had the luck of always being inside when it was lashing rain... and in the evening we even got a bit of sunshine
Old 08-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #76
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirahtheworkhorse
i'm having a solo in sunday mass! my first one with that choir and in that beautiful cathedral! i'm looking forward to that!
i can help you out with that. i've done about 5 solos in front of
800 people cathedrals. not fun at first believe me.
you get used to it as you go along. if you are up in a balcony and there is a choir director or somone playing along with you just keep looking at them.

good luck
Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #77
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

hey, boy. i'm not nervous about that. i already sang in front of 1000 ppl at home (at our prom (for example) which was really nice) and stuff. i'm not nervous. i'm looking forward to it! it's gonna be great!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #78
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Yetzirah, lucky you!! best of luck with that! it'll be fun!!

damn, i hate school. i wish i could drop out lol, but i'd never do that anyways if i could.

i have nothing to do today. i kind of want homework for once, but then again... i don't want it.

i think i have an ear infection. it hurts alot.

one of my doggies, an 8 or 9 year old pug, is going to die sometime this year. she has arthritus in her hips and it shows alot, but now we think she has a tumor in her stomach, because it is getting wider and wider around her hips in her belly area, but only in that part. she isn't gaining weight. she has actually been losing weight since we got a weiner dog almost a year ago, because they play together and my pug acts like it is the weiner dogs mommy. this is sad. i don't want my doggie to die, but then i get my own puppy once she is gone.

i broke a finger nail today. i know everyone going "huh? wtf?" well it is because i have longer finger nails on my right hand for finger picking, but i broke one off all the way untill it starts to attach to the finger, so i just cut all my nails. hmph. after using them for about a year and a half now i get blisters again after only 30mins of finger picking. darn, but i did keep the thumb nail, because it is the most important to me
Old 08-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #79
Timeé
Intello

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
i have nothing to do today. i kind of want homework for once, but then again... i don't want it.
i know exactly what you mean. you want fun homework like a practical assignment that says "make the world a better place"

as for the ear infection, i had one not so long back so gimme your symptoms and ill figure if it was anything like mine.

do you have any pus or liquid comin out the ear???
or is it just sore?

tim
Old 08-17-2006, 09:26 PM   #80
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

haha yes, fun homework would be good.

well, my ear is just really sore and throbbing. nothing coming out, but i usually get atleast 2 ear infections a year.. which sucks. i had a low fever this morning.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 PM   #81
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

i had a short rehearsal today with the conductor. about 15 mins or so alltogether, which really went great! we rehearsaed it with the organ (is that the actual word for it? i'm too lazy to look it up now) and first i sang without the microphone but then with. it was great to hear yourself all over in the cathedral! i always dreamed of singing in such a place and now i can do it! i'm really, really looking forward to that! and the best thing about it was that the conductor told me, that we will do a concert in november and he wants me to sing a solo! that was such great news! the more or less bad news is now, that i have to look for a different (daytime) job, because with that one i can't do both (theater and choir...)... let's see. maybe it's a change to the good. whish me good luck for that!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:47 PM   #82
Timeé
Intello

hmmm this choir stuff sounds serious..

what and how many instruments are being used???

or are you exaggerating it....

tim
Old 08-18-2006, 03:05 AM   #83
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetzirah
i had a short rehearsal today with the conductor. about 15 mins or so alltogether, which really went great! we rehearsaed it with the organ (is that the actual word for it? i'm too lazy to look it up now) and first i sang without the microphone but then with. it was great to hear yourself all over in the cathedral! i always dreamed of singing in such a place and now i can do it! i'm really, really looking forward to that! and the best thing about it was that the conductor told me, that we will do a concert in november and he wants me to sing a solo! that was such great news! the more or less bad news is now, that i have to look for a different (daytime) job, because with that one i can't do both (theater and choir...)... let's see. maybe it's a change to the good. whish me good luck for that!
congrats to you!!!! you should be very pround!! best of luck to you and the gigs and maybe finding a new job!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:56 AM   #84
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeé
hmmm this choir stuff sounds serious..

what and how many instruments are being used???

or are you exaggerating it....

tim

it's a choir, not an orchestra. i'll be singing. but for the concert in november we will have a string quartet with us. that will sound great!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #85
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinC980t_kid
congrats to you!!!! you should be very pround!! best of luck to you and the gigs and maybe finding a new job!
thanks, boy! yeah, i hope this all will turn all well because i was craving for that the whole summer. it's really getting me down when i can't express myself through arts with other people. last week i had a complete breakdown but thankfully i could skype with my boyfriend who was really great. since then i've been feeling better anyway... and now i feel really good since the choir is starting again and the theatre as well when i'm coming back from vienna! i can't wait!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:52 AM   #86
cille
creepycute

good luck johanna!

personally i hate singing in a chorus - not enough spotlighte for me, me, ME!!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #87
Yetzirah
Eskimissima

thanks girl!

i love singing in a choir as well as solo. i love the sound and the energy of many people singing. especially when it's nice harmonies and sometimes it's just so astonishing what you yourself can do and where you can take part!
i already had so many occasions where i had goospimples down my back because the pieces we were singing were just so beautful, and sometimes that places were just breathtaking. those are memories i will never forget!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #88
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

ugh, i miss my ex so much it sucks. i can't stand it. i feel sick everytime i think about it. gosh, i wish there was something i could say or do to have her back. i dont just miss her as a gf, but as a bestfriend too. i've never had a better friend in my entire life and now she is gone. on top of those feelings, well, i was talking to her today and i got really frustrated and said things i didn't mean and now i think they just pushed her to move on. gosh. so then i goto sleep at like 6, it is 9:55 now, and i had a dream that we got back together and instead of things getting worse today they got better and then when i woke up... i thought it was real... talk about sh*tty. i thought it was real for prolly 10minutes and then i realized "i'm retarded. i'll never have her back" and i just got really depressed. gosh, what a crummy friday.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #89
carvinC980t_kid
Eskimo Regular

Default arrested : (

I SUCK AT LIFE.

i just got arrested. charged for robbery/theft. my friends are rich and live in a neighborhood with a country club and one of the best golf courses in america. well, you are allowed in the work out center anytime you want because they leave it unlocked and members have a key incase it is locked, so you can go in anytime of the day. well, we went into the concession stand and took a bag of chips, some gatorade, and some candy bars... well, my friend lives right next door and his dad woke up to get a drink and he saw people coming out of the place and he didn't realize it was us and he called the cops. well, after hiding from the cops on the golf course for 2 hours we finally turned ourselves in. we just layed down for 2 hours adn watched the police walking around the course looking for us with police dogs... well, they suck at finding people, because we got bored and gave in. plus the saw my car in the parking lot and called my parents to see who it was and then they realized it was my car and then they called my friends parents and our parents called us so we just gave up and walked up to the cops and said "ok, we give in"

well, my friend was 18 and might goto jail. i'm back home. i'll be going to court and be put on probation for a few months which really sucks but ohwell. my other friend worked at the club, his dad is the one who called on us, and he will prolly lose his job there. i'm glad the owner didn't press charges, becasue if he did... i'd be in jail right now.

the worst part is... now my ex will prolly not even be a friend with me because of this. that is the only thing i care about. her friendship. gosh, this sucks so bad. i hope she'll be understanding, but i'm 500% sure we won't get back together ever, which sucks cause just today we went to lunch after school and it was the first time we've done anything since breaking up and it felt just like bf gf and it was clear she liked me alot. now, i won't ever even get to talk to her prolly. i left her a message, so she wouldn't have to find out from someone else.

my friend was about to smoke a fatty but then we ended up running. we ditched all of our stuff and didn't get introuble for that. but this just sucks. my parents aren't really mad, which is a BIG surprise!! i figured they'd be slapping me and screaming at me, but they are just like "this sucks. this is stupid on your part and this is stupid to be introuble for." gosh, i screw everything up when it comes to my realationships with the people i care about.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:22 PM   #90
WhatAmIDarling?
Eskimo Regular

You won't get her back if you keep saying and convincing yourself that you'll never get her back. And I can't believe you have to go to court for THAT. Completely unfair. I hope you start to feel better!