Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 12-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
Cremallero
Eskimo Friend

Default Some more Damien to help tide us over lol...

So I figured after my last post that had some tracks that some people may or may not have heard before, I would get back at it and upload a few more songs that weren't available on the ol' YouTube

Nothing too crazy, but I saw one of my favorite singles from my Damien collection wasn't there so... viola!

1. Volcano (Alternative Version) - Many fans have heard the instrumental version of this track, but when I first took this in with the different cadence of the vocals it really gave me a new feel to the track as a whole.

2. Delicate (Live Acoustic) - An acoustic version of the track from "the night before the night" lol. Just a lovely live moment captured and put out officially with this single.

3. Volcano (Instrumental Alternative Version) + Hidden Demo - The instrumental of the above track, in all its moody-swaggered glory. The best part of this for me is the break, then hidden track which is the Volcano demo, both of which are featured on the B-Sides compilation.

I really enjoy this single cause it shows you the complete genesis of a particular track.

From its birth with the hidden demo, to the instrumental, to the alternative version, you can see the fleshing out of the track to what eventually made the album, and all versions in between.

Hope you like it too

Last edited by Cremallero; 12-01-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Cremallero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
ElephantMan
Eskimo Regular

QUOTE]

let me know when you you find me 'what do u know about love' or something else i or everyone else hasnt heard or cant find
ElephantMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
glo32
Eskimo Regular

We will never get to hear "what do you know about love" apart from the small bit Damien played during the 9 tour...

anyway, Cremallero, thanks for putting this stuff together, I have the physical copy of that single but I suppose it's great to hear this stuff for those who don't...
glo32 is offline   Reply With Quote