Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Everything Else

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 05:10 AM   #1
Twr59
Eskimo Baby

Dami(a)n Rice is an anti-american anti-christ fake that is using American stages to spread evil as in speaking for christ and supporting terrorist that took down the twin towers. Just walked out of his show 90 minutes ago. Take my word for it, he is a disgruntled skinhead coward.

Old 04-10-2004, 05:28 AM   #2
Spamlet
Resident Contrarian

You, sir,must be a clueless zealotdickhead then
Old 04-10-2004, 06:56 AM   #3
Burningman
Eskimo Friend

come on now.
details.

elaborate if you are going to make such claims.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:18 AM   #4
Patricia
Eskimo Regular

pffffffffffff! That's the silliest thg I've heard in AGES!
Old 04-10-2004, 07:24 AM   #5
-oli
Band Member

to be honestBurningman, i very much doubt there's anything they have to say. losers like 'twr59' just say stuff to provoke reactionto make emselves feel better. i doubt they'l be back.

but now, to make light of this topic they'v started, i'm gonna... reverse it's title!

this is NOW called- "rice is pro-american[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]"

rrrrrrright

not sure what elso to write. erm.... ha, oh yeah-

Dami(a)n Rice is an pro-american pro-christDUDE that is using American stages to spreadgood as in speaking for christ and is very much against such terrorist that took down the twin towers. Just went to his show (bout) 58 days ago. Take my word for it, he is a really niceunshavenhero.

XEdited by: -oli
Old 04-10-2004, 09:36 AM   #6
cille
creepycute

i don't really think we'll hear from twr59 again...

edit: i better take that back, won't i...

welcome to the board, twr59... i disagree on your retoric way of exspressing yourself, but it's good to see how this thread has evoked some debate.Edited by: supercille
Old 04-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Autumn Daze
Eskimo Baby

Oh i do love a good laugh in the morning!

Cheers Fella!

Red House Painters
Old 04-10-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
cille
creepycute

do anybody know why this guy has these ideas about damien? i mean, did he say something political or just a bit critical about the american society over there?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #9
Vienna
Eskimo Grammar Queen

no apparently we're just supposed to take his word for it...yeh right!?!?!?

try justifying your remarks first!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:27 AM   #10
cille
creepycute

that would certainly have been more interesting to read - at least then we could've got a discussion out of it... *sigh*
Old 04-10-2004, 11:50 AM   #11
Louise
Eskimo Regular

em april fools...?
Old 04-10-2004, 12:38 PM   #12
Twr59
Eskimo Baby

I am talking about an Irish outsiders Rice and the Frames coming into my USA, the greatest country in the world, and bashing my President and my Church when we simply came to watch a musical performance. He makes over the bombing of Iraq but did not mention September 11, duh, must have been too long ago for him to remember. And yes, I am not proud of a handful of Priests that have tarnished a worldwide religion, but to shove that in my face at a performance I paid to see is totally uncool. I was there to hear music. If he has such a problem with this country, get the hell out, we don't need him here.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #13
Louise
Eskimo Regular

woah woah woah...wasnt it yourUSA "the greatest country in the world" that always goes on about free speech??????

Need I remind you the Dixie Chicks happily trashed GW and they are as american as apple pie. For every one of you there were probably 50 people there who were happy damien said whatever he said, but you havent even told us what he did say-you just went straight to being abusive.

Old 04-10-2004, 12:51 PM   #14
-oli
Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twr59
my USA, the greatest country in the world

(what an odd thing to write)

you'll need to elaborate on what you said that cause i really don't GET it. i'm not really up with current affairs, and all that about priests doesn't really make sense.

can't see why you'd say damien is

1anti-american

2 anti-christ

3 fake

4 using American stages to spread evil

5 supporting terrorists

6disgruntled

7 acoward

strengthen your argument. i'm up for a debate, but when you just come on here, all gunsa balzin, i don't really have time
Old 04-10-2004, 12:51 PM   #15
Louise
Eskimo Regular

by the way, I think its unfair to even bring 9/11 into the discussion and insinuate that he would have forgotten. It is UNFORGETTABLE, but doesnt need to be constantly mixed in with the issue of iraq. Why tarnish the memories of those who died by constantly mixing mention of them with mentions of war????
Old 04-10-2004, 12:53 PM   #16
Louise
Eskimo Regular

ps if you knew anything about damien you would know that insuating damien support terrorists is just rediculous.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:55 PM   #17
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twr59

He makes over the bombing of Iraq but did not mention September 11, duh, must have been too long ago for him to remember.*
The two things are UNrelated... Saddam had nothing to do with Sept 11th. Al Qaeda were not welcome in Iraq before the US action. THERE WAS NO LINK.

And don't think I'm belittling Sept 11th, it was horrific and it devestated me as much as you. Irish people died too, friends of my mothers... both in the towers and on the planes. It was not just a tragedy for the US, but for the world. We all deplore it, including Damien.

But the situation in Iraq IS NOT CONNECTED to that horrible tragedy.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #18
administrator
forum administrator

<quote>He makes over the bombing of Iraq but did not mention September 11, duh, must have been too long ago for him to remember. </quote>

um, what? what does iraq have to do with september 11th? absolutely nothing... you gotta stop listening to those liars in the white house!

i guess you think anyone who protests against the invasion of iraq is anti-american? that's just sad. i think you need to open your mind there...

and damien is anything but anti-american.

Old 04-10-2004, 01:00 PM   #19
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

A common mistake to do is to talk about "Americans" as one people. One gathered groupof peoplewith the same qualities, same meanings and same goals (be it "good" or "bad").People talking negatively about "Americans" do it in the same way as certain Americans talking exclusively positively about "the greatest country in the world"- the United States of America - and its (often referred to as)"god chosen people" - "the Americans" - also tend to do it.The American people do actually consist (asin all other countries)of a lot of different individuals with different opinions. I don't fancy this generalisation much.

Even if Damien Rice does not share the same opinion as you about the politics that some of the citizens of America seem to support, it doesn't mean that he cannot speak his mind about them during his own concerts. Concerts are about communication and about expressing feelings. If Damien feels that it is important for him to speak his mind about cases like this I think he should.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Which by the way goes either way. I appreciate that you have explained a bit what you were talking about Twr59, but it would be nice if you made it even clearer. Thanks!

Edit: Oh, I forgot: Welcome Twr59! [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]How rude of me to forget... Edited by: Magnus
Old 04-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #20
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

look there are lots of great people from the USA, any that I know are friendly, hardworking decent people but when an arrogant bastard like you comes along and starts slagging off one of our finest musicians because he objects to the murder of innocent people in a war, then somebody has to stand up and say something about it.....do you not even realise that most people in the US are opposed to the war too, or are you so ignorant that you cant see past the nose at the end of your own face? you need to realise that the USA has fauts just like every other nation,.....and here are a few im going to let you know about....yeah right the US is the greatest country in the world....you guys cant even afford a social welfare system or a healthcare system....and thats right! law and order is so good in the USA....you dont have ghettos with lawless gangbangers shooting the place up plike the wild bloody west, and you really have the whole 'crack house' phenomenon under control too....and while we're on the subject, the powers that be in that country just decide to rob innocent people of their right to vote just because they happen to be black....and thats before i even BEGIN to talk about US foreign policy......heres an example.....'so those guys down in chile have sorted their country out and its doing really well.....but they put the oil prices up....what are we gonna do...oh i know, lets install general pinochet a brutal dictator instead'.....this was a guy who used dogs to rape innocent civilians, and who piad for it....yes, you guessed it THE USA! you already know what they got up to and are getting up to in the middle east, so i wont bother talking about that......so face facts, the US has faults....no i do not dislike america...i have american relations and friends...but nowhere is perfect and youd do well to remeber thta before you go round insulting other nations....people like you give the decent people of america a bad name
Old 04-10-2004, 01:20 PM   #21
-oli
Band Member

and ilook to my eskimo friend, when i'm down, down, down
Old 04-10-2004, 01:21 PM   #22
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

Well said maccas!

Only one additional comment: The use of irony might not get through to "everyone" here...
Old 04-10-2004, 01:23 PM   #23
Louise
Eskimo Regular

twr59 can I ask a question on a completely seperate note-what brought you to the gig in the first place?
Old 04-10-2004, 01:29 PM   #24
-oli
Band Member

i AM sorry and dont intend to offend anyone, but i just get annoyed when people get all caught up with anger and bitterness.

dam Twr59 for coming on here, a website with such a title, bringing their negativity.

its all uncalled for.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #25
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

thanks magnus ....like i said, i actually like the US and a lot of americans, but that guy has to learn the ways of the world for his own sake as much as anyone elses
Old 04-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #26
Louise
Eskimo Regular

it has kind of stirred us up though hasn't it?
Old 04-10-2004, 01:37 PM   #27
Magnus
Eskimo Regular

To Twr59: Even though you did just write your first post here accusing Damien of being anti-American without much further explaining I would just like to thank you for posting here in the first place. Ireally like the fact that you -being a male American and around 45 years old with quite conservative thoughts - seem to like Damien Rice's music enough to come out to his concert. That tells me a lot about both you and Damien's music. I am sorry you felt that Damien's comments ruined the show for you, but let me tell you that I am glad you came here and posted your thoughts about your experience. Some people (including me) seem to have been offended by your accusation in the same way you were offended by what you seem tolook at asDamien accusing you and what you believe in. I guess we do not share the same way of thinking here, but I am glad that we can still have the beautiful music that is the music of Damien Rice in common. Ittells me that music - and in this case Damien Rice's music - is a universal way to communicate universalfeelings and beauty of life. Thank you Twr59! I hope you will post more posts about this topic. Thanks!

Edit: spelling errorEdited by: Magnus
Old 04-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #28
Louise
Eskimo Regular

you can always count on magnus... [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]
Old 04-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #29
marloes
Eskimo Regular

always a friendly word for everyone....
Old 04-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #30
Louise
Eskimo Regular