Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Everything Else > Introduce Yourself

Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 AM   #1
Sally
Eskimo Baby

Smile Hola!

Hey everyone!

How are you all? I'm good. I thought I should come here and introduce myself first of all, so here we goes (this will probably be really long- self-obsession and all):

Hello!

I'm sally (as you can probably tell by my imaginative user name). I'm a very energetic person, and I'm meant to be quite intelligent. However, I also am very uppy-downy (apparently I "undulate"?!) and am quite skilled at the arts of "putting my foot in it" and making stupid comments. So, look forward to my many blunders!

I luuurve music. What the flip IS life without music? It makes no sense. To me. Even stuff that isn't music I'm starting to look at in a musical way- stuff like the sounds I hear on a walk or sitting in my front room. Anyway, that's just me being sentimental and particular :-). I play saxophone and piano (my two loves), and am also attempting to get somewhat decent at guitar and drums, and even singing a little although my voice isn't very strong and has an odd quality to it that...

Oh dear, I'm going on. Right, briefly other 'vitals'. I'm a philosophy fanatic. Life is philosophy and music and all the other stuff around that I don't understand. I love walking and sunshine and really heavy rain and learning.

Erm... I'm 17. I am very ambitious, though that side of me is cooling as I realise there's only so much pressure I can take. I'm interested in history and any interesting/ important stuff about the world. I'm always reading. I try and be as good as I can, but I'm also learning the limits of a hard utilitarian approach to life.

And my favourite Damien Rice song is probably Coconut Skins, because I need to be reminded of it's message and put some fire up my ass!

There's this fable of a donkey who was stood exactly between two identical bales of hay. The bales were equally appealing- they were exactly the same in every way, and were equal distances from the donkey. Unable to choose between them, the donkey stood there, paralysed with indecision, until he eventually starved to death.

Technically i bet he died of dehydration... :-) but if you see the point of that "dumbass" (!... oh dear...) story you might see why I love the song coconut skins.

Right, that's quite enough. i shall give away my self-obsession and we can't have that can we? Please comment and tell me about yourselves! I'm always keen to meet new people, which is one of the reasons I'm here, so talk to me!

Thanks. Congrats if you read the whole thing! There really should be some sort of browny point for that achievement. Ah well, have a clap instead:

BYE!!!!!!!

Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 AM   #2
maccas81
Eskimo Ladies Man

hey sally, howre you? and welcome!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
happy2bhere
Eskimo Regular

welcome!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
Wheels
Eskimo Enigma

Well, I read most of it... can I still have the clap?

Welcome

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #5
happy2bhere
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels
... can I still have the clap?

Welcome
Not something you hear everyday!!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:27 PM   #6
Wheels