Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Musician Stuff

Old 03-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
robmcgrail
Lord of Lovely

Default Cave (early demo)

Ok, so i just recorded a very rough sounding demo of a song im going to use on the album im creating. Its all quite bassey so doesnt sound great y any means. But the general jist is there. Well, let me know what you think.

cheers.

www.myspace.com/mcgrailmusic
robmcgrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Nine
Inuit

Hey Rob, just had a listen - as usual I adore your lyrics, I think you have a real talent there. And the guitar is also lovely. Trouble is I have pretty ****ty speakers, and I couldn't hear you at all at the beginning. I think maybe towards the middle of the bit where you start strumming, where you say 'what makes me' - you could really belt it - maybe even do it an octave higher, make it really powerful yknow?

Good song though, nice one
Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
robmcgrail
Lord of Lovely

Cheers, yeah i plan to have the whole of the start just me on guitar, maybe a soft cello or tiny pit of piano, ...and will probl.y be sung by female vocals, the 1st verse. then everything knida kicks oin on the formentioned what makes me bit. But yeah. This was just a demo i wacked out because i was bord with having done nothing in a while. I still havnt really m,asterd the art of recording.
robmcgrail is offline   Reply With Quote