Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien's Gigs

Old 09-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #1
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Smile Most played songs?

Here's a fun activity for my Eskimo Friends!

At the end of the month I'm bringing my good friend to a Damien show for her birthday. She is not really familiar with his music (I know, crazy, huh?) so I want to make her a mix CD with some Damo tunes on it.

I thought it would be good to prep her with songs that she's most likely to hear at the show.... SOOOOO....

I want your opinion (or maybe some of you setlist experts would actually have stats) on what are his most played songs at gigs? I think if she is familiar with the songs she is most likely to hear, it will be more enjoyable for her!

It seems like these are the ones I've heard at almost every show I've seen of his:

Delicate
Volcano
Blower's Daughter
Cannonball
Woman Like A Man
9 Crimes
Cheers Darlin' (closer on the last two shows I saw)

So what do you all think? Please add what you think she needs on her first official introductory Damien CD!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #2
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

I wouldn't say he plays Cheers Darlin' that often. I've been to five shows this year and he played it just once. And even that was only by request. So I guess he really has to be in the mood...

What he DID play at each gig I attended (besides the one you already mentioned): I Remember, Coconut Skins & Rootless Tree

I think there was a thread with all the setlists from the last winter/spring tours and a play count list with the songs he played the most. Can't find it though, maybe someone else can...
Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin@
I think there was a thread with all the setlists from the last winter/spring tours and a play count list with the songs he played the most. Can't find it though, maybe someone else can...
Wow!! Thank you so much, Lin! If anyone know where that post is, please let me know!!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Airofdecember
Eskimo Friend

You can probably count on Dogs at this point as well.

I always try and get friends into different bands, and with DR I found that recently the " I remember " clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF7RTv2xdjY usually does it, but I'd prep said person to expect everything but the girl
Airofdecember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

Here's the link:

http://www.eskimofriends.com/forum/s...light=setlists
borneoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #6
Kristin
Eskimo Baby

I would also add Accidental Babies, Me My Yoke and I, and Older Chests
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borneoman

Thanks so much, borneoman!!! That is a great reference.

I had to post a comment there, too, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw he had played "Killing in the Name" (which I'm assuming is the Rage Against The Machine version) on the U.S. tour!! Why wasn't I there!?!?!?

Also, thank you to everyone helping me out on here!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

He played like 20 sec of Killing in the Name, not the full song, and I didn't even recognise it, thought it was some Metallica!!

I was wondering if he has ever NOT played The Blower's Daughter at a gig???!!!??
Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
CSL
didactic destiny schemer

Quote:
He played like 20 sec of Killing in the Name, not the full song, and I didn't even recognise it, thought it was some Metallica!!

I was wondering if he has ever NOT played The Blower's Daughter at a gig???!!!??

That's a great question.... and if I was going to put money on it, I'd probably go with a no! That's really his "big" song, I guess!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #10
Kristin
Eskimo Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
That's a great question.... and if I was going to put money on it, I'd probably go with a no! That's really his "big" song, I guess!
I think it is hard for him to not play The Blower's Daughter when that is what the audience is yelling for.. that and Cannonball were the only two songs that people were yelling for in Minneapolis... those people just need to hear more of his unreleased stuff!!
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #11
Lin@
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he didn't play it at at one of this year's gigs in Germany. I think it was Berlin or something. I remember many people complaining about that... And as far as I know he didn't play it at the showcase in Milan either.

Actually, I wouldn't mind him skipping that song. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but I've just heard it too often.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #12
Rue Saint-Denis
Eskimo Ghost

I calculated and I'd say Cannonball. Numbers are in the link Marti posted.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #13
Closing_Doors
Hysterical & Useless

Quote:
Yes.
how a little love goes a long long long way.

-- Simon Armitage
Closing_Doors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:06 AM   #14
borneoman
Insane Eskimo

He he, silly me, just realised he didn't play it in one of my shows... so yep, sometimes he does skip it
Old 09-08-2007, 09:21 AM   #15
cuuliem
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Here's a fun activity for my Eskimo Friends!

At the end of the month I'm bringing my good friend to a Damien show for her birthday. She is not really familiar with his music (I know, crazy, huh?) so I want to make her a mix CD with some Damo tunes on it.

I thought it would be good to prep her with songs that she's most likely to hear at the show.... SOOOOO....

I want your opinion (or maybe some of you setlist experts would actually have stats) on what are his most played songs at gigs? I think if she is familiar with the songs she is most likely to hear, it will be more enjoyable for her!

It seems like these are the ones I've heard at almost every show I've seen of his:

Delicate
Volcano
Blower's Daughter
Cannonball
Woman Like A Man
9 Crimes
Cheers Darlin' (closer on the last two shows I saw)

So what do you all think? Please add what you think she needs on her first official introductory Damien CD!!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

I would say... eskimo.. well at least on every gig I attended. and it makes me cry too when there is the finnish part.
CSL : I still count on you, your husband and apparently your friend on the 20th at the greek?
cuuliem is offline   Reply With Quote