Home   | About   | Contact  | Lyrics  | Tabs  | Forum

The Igloo

Go Back   The Igloo > Damien Rice > Damien Rice

Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 AM   #1
breadfan35
Eskimo Regular

Cool Damien Rice w/ Fiona Something or Other July 8th 2006 in Dallas Texas

This was my first time seeing Damien live and I was amazed! It was such a fantastic show., Even with it only being an hour long, I felt satisfied. Here was the set list:

1.) Wanted to be Wanted (New Song, Unofficial Title)
2.) Cannonball
3.) Then Go (Electric w/ a Fender Telecaster I believe)
4.) Me, My Yoke and I (Electric and again w/ the Telecaster)
5.) Accidental Babies
6.) Volcano
7.) Older Chests
8.) Rootless Tree
9.) The Professor/ La Fille Danse w/ extended French lyrics that I had never heard before.

It was a great first show. I wasn't lucky enough to get to meet him, but it will be a night I will remember for a good while. I can't wait till the new cd and his headlining tour.

Fiona is rather odd. I stayed for about 5 songs then left. Right before I left at the end of one of her songs a guy started yelling out, "Bring Damien Back out!". I found that kind of humorous.
breadfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:46 AM   #2
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

I didnt stay for her either. I went ONLY to see Damien. It was quite an amazing show! (If you saw the girl that stood and sang along the whole time he was on stage, that was me. 2nd row!!!!!!!! WOOT!!) I can NOT wait to get the new album. And I can NOT wait to see him again. I wanted an encore. Hear me Dames.. AN ENCORE!!!! lol
And how adorable is he, when so shy, he barely looked up. lol
Anyway, cheers!!!!!
*crosses fingers he plays live while she is in Ireland in Sept!*
MacrossGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:52 AM   #3
breadfan35
Eskimo Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrossGirl
I didnt stay for her either. I went ONLY to see Damien. It was quite an amazing show! (If you saw the girl that stood and sang along the whole time he was on stage, that was me. 2nd row!!!!!!!! WOOT!!) I can NOT wait to get the new album. And I can NOT wait to see him again. I wanted an encore. Hear me Dames.. AN ENCORE!!!! lol
And how adorable is he, when so shy, he barely looked up. lol
Anyway, cheers!!!!!
*crosses fingers he plays live while she is in Ireland in Sept!*

HAHAHAHA, OMG I did see you! I even commented to my brother about you dancing and being the only one! Bravo! I wish I could have been that close, but I still had pretty great seats. How great did Vyvienne look in her blue dress that close?
breadfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #4
juliaann
Eskimo Friend

what the hell. I agree about not wanting to see Fiona .why do you think Damien is doing this? His fans would support a solo tour. They have in the past. its very odd.
juliaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
Jasmine
joseur.

maybe doing a tour with fiona would bring in more fans so that his headlining tour can be even bigger.
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
brookefield
slightly colder water...

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaann
why do you think Damien is doing this? His fans would support a solo tour. They have in the past. its very odd.
i ask him that exact question and he didn't really seem to know the answer. he just laughed and said that he didn't like playing for such a short time, but that phiona was great....

which she isn't. that little lady is sure as hell angry, but that's about it...

and hey, i go to school dallas- i'm just here in denver for the summer- so a shout out to all my eskimo's down south in d-town!!
brookefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:24 PM   #7
cille
creepycute

omg you guys are so mean to fi. i'd love to see her live, i think she's great. maybe damien thinks so too, who knows.
Old 07-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Bread she looked freaking gorgeous! And she kept looking at me and giggling since I was singing along (not well but hey..), even gave me a wink. I guess after maybe hearing my singing she wasnt too worried about me taking her job eh? LOL She burned strings my friend! (she looked different than in pics I thought. Still very pretty!) But what do I know. I only took my eyes off Damien briefly. hehe
All I can say is I warned everyone around me that while Damien was on, do not expect me not to sing and dance. I was sad however, at how many people around me did not even know who he was. Not that I minded in the least educating them, but still. However, after, several of them told me they were very impressed. (as they should be) And several hard core fans like me came up and chatted, which was cool. Hey I met several people in the lobby who saw me dancing too. hehe Now if only Dames would have.. lol Seriously tho, his passion, the way he demands your attention.. beautiful!!!!!

Last edited by MacrossGirl; 07-09-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #9
iherb86
loverofemotionalsingers

Default Geeeze...

"Fiona is rather odd. I stayed for about 5 songs then left. Right before I left at the end of one of her songs a guy started yelling out, "Bring Damien Back out!". I found that kind of humorous."

I was at that show and it was so amazing, wish he would've played longer.
I love damien, he is in of my top 5 favorite artists of all times and I am not really a huge fan of fiona, but under no circumstances should someone be such a prick as to yell that out as an artist is pouring her heart out on stage. As a musician I know how that feels, and it is her tour for godsakes.
I was really angry when I heard that, no one deserves that kind of treatment(unless they really have no talent such as ashley simpson).
is wisdom wasted on the past
only by the grace of god go i
i am blessed to be a witness-ben harper
iherb86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

[QUOTE=iherb86I was at that show and it was so amazing, wish he would've played longer.I love damien, he is in of my top 5 favorite artists of all times and I am not really a huge fan of fiona, but under no circumstances should someone be such a prick as to yell that out as an artist is pouring her heart out on stage.

I agree. That is exactly why I left after Damien. The guy should have left instead of being rude. Although, I wish they would have brought Damien back out too. Or he played longer. No one knew him when I took my seat, but everyone loved him after! I can not wait to see him again!! Good music, pretty ok pint, weeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Did anyone notice but me, how many pair of horn rimmed glasses there were on chicks? Did they give them out at the door or what?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #11
juliaann
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
omg you guys are so mean to fi. i'd love to see her live, i think she's great. maybe damien thinks so too, who knows.
I like Fiona ok, but its been a while since Damien toured, and I think I am not alone when I say we want him, just him.. It seems like such a odd thing to do when he has been headlining, you know?
But I mean no disrespect. I do like a few of her songs. I just don't think I would ever buy a ticket just to see her, and from what I gather she plays twice as long as Damien. So... Thats all I meant. I still love ya Cille
Old 07-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #12
cille
creepycute

aww, love comin right back atcha juls

i just have this idea that a damien fiona combo would be like heaven to me, as i love both artis´ts. i haven't seen her live yet, but have a dvd with her where she reminds me a bit of lisa, actually - maybe in an angrier, more grown-up version. i was sort of hoping for a fi-damo duet at some point, i imagine they could be rather intense together.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:10 PM   #13
Lemmy
Eskimo Regular

i loved fiona when i went to see her and damien--she gives an amazing, really intense performence. it's almost painful to watch, and at times i wondered if she was ill or something--but then she'd stop singing and speak and sound completely normal, it was so odd! i liked her before i saw her concert, but i didn't love her, and now everyone i went with and me all love her (terrible grammar, sorry). but i do wish that she had been the opener and damien the headliner--that would've been perfect. still, they're both amazing.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #14
juliaann
Eskimo Friend

I didn't see this thread when I posted the link to the review about the Dallas show . So I moved it.. Check it out A lovely picture of Damien. Very kind words about his performance.
here
Old 07-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #15
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaann
I didn't see this thread when I posted the link to the review about the Dallas show . So I moved it.. Check it out A lovely picture of Damien. Very kind words about his performance.
here
"the audience was dead quiet, intently listening to one of the most promising songwriters to emerge this millennium."

I couldnt hear quiet over my own singing! LOL Its true. He IS amazing. He holds you in his hands. He is the puppet master, holding the strings. Its you and Damien. The rest is silence.

http://www.myspace.com/5859320
Old 07-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #16
cille
creepycute

Quote:
"the audience was dead quiet, intently listening to one of the most promising songwriters to emerge this millennium."

I couldnt hear quiet over my own singing!
yikes!!! singalong fan in da house.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM   #17
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cille
yikes!!! singalong fan in da house.
This from a girl that raises bugs on her myspace? LOL Besides, someone had to sing the girly bits!! hehe
And thats what the people around me get, for not knowing Dames. Musical punishment!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #18
lgallagher
Eskimo Friend

Default fiona love

i can't believe all the negative comments i'm hearing on this thread about fiona. damien and fiona share something that we can all appreciate and that is passion. Both artists drip it from their veins and their words. You should really stay and watch fiona. Personally, I can't think of another artist whom I'd want damien to share a bill with, maybe with the late Jeff Buckley.

I hope they figure out a duet before they hit up Philadelphia.

passion provides pleasure.

liam
lgallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #19
cille
creepycute

I hear ya gallagher!

Quote:
This from a girl that raises bugs on her myspace? LOL Besides, someone had to sing the girly bits!! hehe
And thats what the people around me get, for not knowing Dames. Musical punishment!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #20
brookefield
slightly colder water...

i've had at least four of my friends who went to the show to see fiona in dallas call me and ask me a thousand questions about damien. (because if anyone knows anything about me, they know how much i love damien. its like a scarlet letter...)

"when's his new album coming out?" "where can i find out what songs he played?" "is he married?" "can i download any of his new stuff?"

they were all just fiona fans who had herd a few damien songs, but then they were entirely blown away by mister rice and now are likely to become like all of us- completely obsessed...

Last edited by brookefield; 07-11-2006 at 03:13 PM.
brookefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #21
MacrossGirl
No hero in her sky..

Same here Brooke.. I had friends call me during the Housten show, to tell me they LOVED him. A few were not actually going to go till time for fiona.. and I said WHAT! And told them they had better. I love being right. hehe Anyway, I really think he is going to take off even more after this tour. People see him, love him, get the album. Excellent!!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:26 AM   #22
OrangeKnickers
Buttons For Eyes

here here... fiona's amazing. one of the best lyricists i've ever heard too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgallagher
i can't believe all the negative comments i'm hearing on this thread about fiona. damien and fiona share something that we can all appreciate and that is passion. Both artists drip it from their veins and their words. You should really stay and watch fiona. Personally, I can't think of another artist whom I'd want damien to share a bill with, maybe with the late Jeff Buckley.

I hope they figure out a duet before they hit up Philadelphia.

passion provides pleasure.

liam
OrangeKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote