http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Damien_Rice_Boot_Art_2
http://artwork.easytree.org

Regards
Niko
niko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Niko
Eskimo Regular

Interesting that all the artwork credits the recordings to "Niko Records" Nothing to do with me, by the way

Aren't you supposed to credit the original recorders for bootlegs...?
Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 AM   #3
niko66
Eskimo Baby

Exclamation It´s me, Niko!

The simple solution: I´ve created all these art and my name is NIKO Springstein! My "private" (boot)record company I named "Niko Records"!
niko66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #4
spudy
Potato masher

Cool bootlegs

On bootleg artwork there are usually 3 credits given: the taper, the editor and the artworker..regardless of who did the artwork, the taper and editor (if they are different people) are credited...they are, after all, the people who either sat in the gig, silent and unmoving, with no toilet breaks, and a fear to even cough or the people who spent many an hour transferring the gig to a computer, adding track marks, subwoofing etc and then burning to cd...it's hard and often annoyingly frustrating work...especially for tapers/editors who are only using simple home computer programs, which the majority of tapers here are

Although the artworker has spent many an hour doing lovely artwork for the gig (as I have done a few times) the artwork would not have been necessary without the taper/editor..the fact that you have created a 'boot company' called Niko records is nice if you are the original taper/have permission from the original tapers to re label their recordings...otherwise I think it's a bit, well, rude...bootlegs are traded/hosted world wide but the original taper is always credited...no one owns them as such, so they cannot be (should not be) exchanged for money, likewise they cannot be credited under a single 'private' company's name..the only person who truely owns the recordings is the artist...

just look at any of the trading sites/artwork sites, all of the artwork I've seen has Recorded by, Edited by, Artwork by and even Photography/pictures by (if the artwork contains images which were not the artworker's original work)..

This has turned into a bit of a rant and you haven't done artwork for my (single) damo recording so I shouldn't be too pissed off..but I am :/ irrational..possibly..but pissed off I am

Niko 66 your artwork is beautiful and looks really professional but the other people involved with the recording need to be acknowledged for their contribution to the cd..
Old 06-11-2005, 06:14 PM   #5
kermit
Eskimo Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudy
On bootleg artwork there are usually 3 credits given: the taper, the editor and the artworker..

the only person who truely owns the recordings is the artist...
yup. that's why mine don't have credits (but the artist, of course).

p.s: this is a good thread to re-post about my site: www.kermits.tk