Damien has added a second date in Colombia, to take place tomorrow night (Saturday) in Barichara Santander. Here’s the background to the gig, from Damien’s official website:
‘Some colombian friends were showing us around and we visited a beautiful small town in the mountains called Barichara and saw people lining up behind a truck to collect water in buckets. It was so surprising to imagine that a town this pretty and detailed was built in a place without water and so we naturally asked the question and one question led to another and our curiosity grew and a few days later at a spontaneous concert in Bogota we decided to donate the money to help out with the water situation in Barichara.
This then led to a feeling of responsibility where we wanted to do the best possible thing with the money raised and before we knew it our friends had gotten environmentalists, and others with local knowledge, involved. Someone then suggested going back to Barichara to do a concert there and bring environmentalists and local people together to find long-term sustainable solutions to the situation.’
Leave a Reply
Video of the Day
@eskimofriends on Twitter
- RIP James Nolan 2012-06-20
- Posted some videos of Bono singing with Damien at http://t.co/dSRt9fmz :) @mattmcgee @u2log @scatterolight 2012-06-19
- Earlier Damien performed The Blower's Daughter and Unplayed Piano with the lovely @VyvienneLong :) 2012-06-18
- They sang Walk On and One. Then the other performers joined in for Get Up Stand Up and I Shall Be Released. 2012-06-18
- Great to see Damien perform with Bono at Electric Burma tonight. We'll have videos at http://t.co/QRRWqvGS tomorrow. #walkon 2012-06-18
- More updates...