Burma’s opposition leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, will be visiting Dublin on 18 June as part of her first overseas trip since she was released from house arrest. As part of her visit there will be a concert in her honour at the Bord Gais Energy Theatre, with Damien and Bono amongst some of the performers.
The concert, named “Electric Burma”, starts at 4.45 PM, which means attendees will be able to leave on time to see Ireland defeat Italy at Euro 2012 later that night.
As you know, Damien has been very active in his support of the Action Burma campaign and released the song “Unplayed Piano” in her honour.
Update 1: Tickets sold out within 2 hours.
Update 2: Damien will be joined on stage by Vyvienne Long.
Video of the Day
@eskimofriends on Twitter
- RIP James Nolan 2012-06-20
- Posted some videos of Bono singing with Damien at http://t.co/dSRt9fmz :) @mattmcgee @u2log @scatterolight 2012-06-19
- Earlier Damien performed The Blower's Daughter and Unplayed Piano with the lovely @VyvienneLong :) 2012-06-18
- They sang Walk On and One. Then the other performers joined in for Get Up Stand Up and I Shall Be Released. 2012-06-18
- Great to see Damien perform with Bono at Electric Burma tonight. We'll have videos at http://t.co/QRRWqvGS tomorrow. #walkon 2012-06-18
- More updates...